Mark Kerr

cyprusjag

Interesting to see that he didn't dismiss the possibility of playing against us in the play offs. Sad his abiding memory of his time at Firhill was of being booed by Thistle "fans". What a way to encourage a performance.I've seen some poor players in my 60 years of supporting the Jags but never in a million years would I boo a player in a Thistle shirt.

Interesting to see that he didn't dismiss the possibility of playing against us in the play offs. Sad his abiding memory of his time at Firhill was of being booed by Thistle "fans". What a way to encourage a performance.I've seen some poor players in my 60 years of supporting the Jags but never in a million years would I boo a player in a Thistle shirt.

Is this from speaking to him personally or through the press, he said all this?

Daily Record

“I wouldn’t mind playing Partick. I got booed when I played anyway so it couldn’t be any worse – although I didn’t play that much!

“It’s a great place if you are playing. It’s a good club with good people.

“But I had to find something else. I wasn’t getting a chance so I wanted to leave and the club were happy to accommodate me.”

“I had a few other options but they were not as good and I was reassured I was going to be part of the plans at Queens.

“So it was better to go to a club where I could enjoy my football again."

Edited by kni

He never got boo'd. He may have got cheered off the pitch once though, I'm sure that was just for a magnificent performance of passing to the opposition team, however.

A sign of a good support is to applaud the opposition's best player off the pitch. :D

Seriously though i did hear him get a little stick and that was in a 20's game.

I don't remember him getting boo'd either.

Real lack of class that, slagging off a former club simply because he himself wasn't good enough.

But it's ok for fans on this forum to slag/abuse him when he was a thistle player, and I don't think he was slagging the club, but was directed towards the fans. If we as fans can dish it out, them so what if a former player gives it back.

• Like 1

But it's ok for fans on this forum to slag/abuse him when he was a thistle player, and I don't think he was slagging the club, but was directed towards the fans. If we as fans can dish it out, them so what if a former player gives it back.

Who said it was ok for fans to slag/abuse him o here?

Edited by potty trained

Who said it was ok for fans to slag/abuse him o here?

Exactly. Apart from the usual suspects, who can only slag the team and/or manager and wouldn't know how to post a positive, just about everyone else appears to be able to post rational comments. It didn't work out for either Kerr or us. That doesn't mean to say the former didn't try or the latter were idiots for investing in the guy in the first place.

Why the **** has everything got to be so black and white? Is every pint they ever buy either boggin' or nectar? Why when things go right are those usual suspects nowhere to be seen but when a result goes against us they're first in line to stick the boot in?

• Like 1

Quite right Mark. All the best in Dumfries mate

Daily Record

“I wouldn’t mind playing Partick. I got booed when I played anyway so it couldn’t be any worse – although I didn’t play that much!

“It’s a great place if you are playing. It’s a good club with good people.

“But I had to find something else. I wasn’t getting a chance so I wanted to leave and the club were happy to accommodate me.”

“I had a few other options but they were not as good and I was reassured I was going to be part of the plans at Queens.

“So it was better to go to a club where I could enjoy my football again."

very honest. good luck mark. i hate cretins who boo their own players. they shid get kicked out the game

I don't remember him getting boo'd either.

Real lack of class that, slagging off a former club simply because he himself wasn't good enough.

i remember him gettin booed. wasnt as bad as darren brady got, but he defo got boooed. people need to look at themselves. u back anyone in a thistle shirt. even steven hawkins during a power cut. if hes wearin that shirt, u back him. contructive criticism Edited by The Mighty Quinn
  • Like 1

i remember him gettin booed. wasnt as bad as darren brady got, but he defo got boooed. people need to look at themselves. u back anyone in a thistle shirt. even steven hawkins during a power cut. if hes wearin that shirt, u back him. contructive criticism

Which game? He only played like 4 times.

i remember him gettin booed. wasnt as bad as darren brady got, but he defo got boooed. people need to look at themselves. u back anyone in a thistle shirt. even steven hawkins during a power cut. if hes wearin that shirt, u back him. contructive criticism

You backing the manager??