Jaggernaut

A friend who lives in Australia was great mates with Eddie when they played together with Drumchapel Ams. The drum old players meet every 5 years or so, but although players come from far and wide [ Alex Ferguson always attends] Eddie does not reply to the invitation.This article helps to let us know why.

Going slightly off topic, I wonder how many Scottish international players who came from the Maryhill area never played for the Thistle.

Could we make up a team? Eddie, Bertie Auld, Charlie Nic, McFadden to name some. The lad Robertson [Dundee Utd ] who is expected to play in Poland, is a Maryhill boy.Their must be plenty of others.

Going slightly off topic, I wonder how many Scottish international players who came from the Maryhill area never played for the Thistle.

Could we make up a team? Eddie, Bertie Auld, Charlie Nic, McFadden to name some. The lad Robertson [Dundee Utd ] who is expected to play in Poland, is a Maryhill boy.Their must be plenty of others.

A certain Frank McAvennie from the Milton area :rolleyes:

would he qualify for Maryhill ? he's Cowcaddens/Garnethill man. Always thought the border was St Georges road - Charing cross to the Round Toll , north of that was Maryhill. Thought Possil was always its own Republic when you went past Dutch Corner heading to Saracen and Bisland drive. I declare myself as Cowcaddens/ City Centre (Hope street) man.

would he qualify for Maryhill ? he's Cowcaddens/Garnethill man. Always thought the border was St Georges road - Charing cross to the Round Toll , north of that was Maryhill. Thought Possil was always its own Republic when you went past Dutch Corner heading to Saracen and Bisland drive. I declare myself as Cowcaddens/ City Centre (Hope street) man.

The District of Maryhill takes in St Georges X & Woodside so kinda looks like only the top end of St Georges Rd from the Cross north can claim Maryhill status. Most willing to stand corrected as to where the frontier is located.

A friend who lives in Australia was great mates with Eddie when they played together with Drumchapel Ams. The drum old players meet every 5 years or so, but although players come from far and wide [ Alex Ferguson always attends] Eddie does not reply to the invitation.This article helps to let us know why.

McFadden's from Springburn.

The District of Maryhill takes in St Georges X & Woodside so kinda looks like only the top end of St Georges Rd from the Cross north can claim Maryhill status. Most willing to stand corrected as to where the frontier is located.

I have to admit (as a born-and-bred Maryhill man) that I wasn't aware of Woodside being part of the Maryhill district. Would I be right in saying that the Northern frontier is Killermont (or thereabouts)? On that basis, Maryhill must be the longest, yet narrowest, district in the city; Maryhill Road being the second, or maybe third, longest road in Glasgow, after Dumbarton Rd and Great Western Rd?

Just another point / question: North Kelvinside isn't part of the great Maryhill metropolis either, is it?

from the valuation rolls 1913/14 (ward boundaries)published on the Glasgow story website.

Maryhill

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/valmapview.php?id=25

Kelvin

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/valmapview.php?id=17

Cowcaddens

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/valmapview.php?id=16

interesting PTFC's original address was 88 Firhill road and we were tenants of the Caley at 150 pounds per annum for the ground.

yet under number 88 listed as a Stand, PTFC are the proprietors at 150 pounds per annum.

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/images/TGSV17223.jpg

the current listed address of 80 Firhill road was in 1913/14 the address of Alexander Pollock (tenant) who was a Manure merchant to trade, somethings change and just stay the same. :D