Well Said Mr Chairman

Big Col

Solid backing for the management team, from a BoD who despite some mistakes (which I'm sure they are aware of) backed the manager in the transfer window in January, continue to back him now and lift some of the pressure off his shoulders with the positive comments. I for one am glad to hear the chairman give sincere backing to the management team, just like the vast majority of fans have.

• Like 1

Would love to think the over the top ridiculous comments will stop however the main protagonists can't put forward any cohesive argument there for I sincerely doubt it.

Good of the club to back Archie, my view is he should keep his job even if we go down.

Just read it on the BBC, under the Archie delighted bit, can't seem to post a link tho!

Before the match at Firhill, Thistle chairman David Beattie had admitted the run without a home win had played on the minds of the club's manager, players and board.

However, he voiced his support for Archibald and insisted he would still be in charge at the end of the season.

"It's not a pleasant position not to have a home win, it's not pleasant for players, fans or the manager," said Beattie.

"It's usually the chairman saying he has the backing of the board, then the manager goes away - but he absolutely does - there's no question that whatever happens this season, Alan Archibald will be our manager next season.

Great team, legend in charge, everyone's learning to cope with this league, and stability from the board. I know people have some complaints about the board but in terms of managerial appointments they've played a blinder and I think this message at this stage is bang on. The team needs to play without fear and this message from the top will help them to do this.

Well done Mr Chairman

I was a great idea to say "whatever happens" as it gives Archie and the team the stability. We see the games and the results but the chairman sees EVERYTHING going on and must believe in what he sees. It's not perfect just now but Beattie must see the improvement plan and trust Archie.

In any job, if your boss says "I know you've made mistakes but I will give you a chance to improve and know you can do it", it must be a great confidence boost.

Is there anywhere I can listen to this audio cos I missed it?

• Members

It's vital for the future of the Club that we continue the current path we're on. Great progress is being made at grass roots level and it's going to take a while before we begin to see he benefits of this. Bagging the management team that has a big hand in how this is ran would be a big mistake at this point and could set us back, or worse, return us to where we were 4 or 5 years ago.

Beattie obviously realises this.

• Like 1

I don't know who Craien is but will assume you mean Craigen. People have very short memories. These two young guys played big parts in getting the club to the league we are currently playing in

He did but does that mean we have to play him now?

Will we get Dowie and Forbes back as well?