Cowan & Co

Jagman1876

Do every Thistle fan a favour - get yr coat on and feck off from Firhill asap. Yr doing totally nothing for the club you don't have a clue how to generate money don't have a clue how to improve a club so just do us all a favour and Pizz right off

The Board have to accept some responsibility. Yes we've got a debt to service but we were told that the sale of Harkins and Twaddle would put some money into the Players Budget, as would Propco. It doesn't look that way to me, and we're still fielding the same crap that failed to compete last season. Signing new players at the last possible minute just to save money has backfired as the team didn't get a chance to gel in pre-season. Today's gubbing will undoubtedly have an effect on the walk up ticket sales next week. And so we descend another circle towards hell.

However, McCall also has to take responsibility for using his limited resources to re-sign the liability that is Bombscare Wullie plus the rest of the geriatric defense. WK red carding cost us two goals, I'm just guessing but I imagine he was running about all day with his arms flailing around him dangerously again...

Next week has got to see a massive improvement.

Agree that next week's first home game is massive. If we get humped like today, the writing will be on the wall. Wasn't full of confidence with the squad for this year. Looks as though it will be a VERY long season for Jag's fans. As for Willie Kinniburgh, how many times have we seen him give away needless freekicks/bookings/etc?

Edited by its4nothing!

Agree that next week's first home game is massive. If we get humped like today, the writing will be on the wall. Wasn't full of confidence with the squad for this year. Looks as though it will be a VERY long season for Jag's fans. As for Willie Kinniburgh, how many times have we seen him give away needless freekicks/bookings/etc?

He was terrible at the penalty he could have pressured the guy to go out wide as he wasn,t going through the middle but instead takes a big lunge at the guy costing us not only a goal but a sending off

Do every Thistle fan a favour - get yr coat on and feck off from Firhill asap. Yr doing totally nothing for the club you don't have a clue how to generate money don't have a clue how to improve a club so just do us all a favour and Pizz right off

Saw cowan in the starks bar before the game and i felt like giving him a slap just as well i never saw him after the game.

As said on the other thread. STOP WHINING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT! ALL WE DO IS COMPLAIN, not so much as a banner!

Amen to that. It's gone on long enough. We all just say "oh, but everyone has it tough just now" and "what can they do?".

Sod it, enough is more than enough. We have had these clowns here far too long and for what reward?

And for all the smart so and so's that say "eh, you can't sack a board". Are you happy with this situation, when diddies like Raith Rovers beat us to average players like Baird and then gub us because our own board will only sanction new contracts if they are handed to the cheapest available and as late as possible. Heck, it wasn't even a majority that chanted "sack the board" today. We have been fed this nonsense for years and I for one am long past the stage of being at the end of my tether. Wake up. Get the incompetent leeches out of here.

The Board have to accept some responsibility. Yes we've got a debt to service but we were told that the sale of Harkins and Twaddle would put some money into the Players Budget, as would Propco. It doesn't look that way to me, and we're still fielding the same crap that failed to compete last season. Signing new players at the last possible minute just to save money has backfired as the team didn't get a chance to gel in pre-season. Today's gubbing will undoubtedly have an effect on the walk up ticket sales next week. And so we descend another circle towards hell.

However, McCall also has to take responsibility for using his limited resources to re-sign the liability that is Bombscare Wullie plus the rest of the geriatric defense. WK red carding cost us two goals, I'm just guessing but I imagine he was running about all day with his arms flailing around him dangerously again...

Next week has got to see a massive improvement.

This team has been playing together for the majority of this year.Only Flannigan was a new signing that started today.I am sick of us signing old players as player coaches.A lot of our managers decisions over the past year or so have been strange.I see Doolan is out of the 16 again,we will probably extend his contract and put him out on loan.

This team has been playing together for the majority of this year.Only Flannigan was a new signing that started today.I am sick of us signing old players as player coaches.A lot of our managers decisions over the past year or so have been strange.I see Doolan is out of the 16 again,we will probably extend his contract and put him out on loan.

I don't think Flannigan nor Balatoni can be said to have much of a pre-season, Grehan has hardly had a first team run out, Halliwell was left hanging for a contract for how long, Kinniburugh has been playing more for Clyde than us recently. I take your point that the core of the team is the same old, but it's not exactly a settled team either. I wonder what the point of a pre-season is if we're not going to sign players until the season actually starts?

I don't think Flannigan nor Balatoni can be said to have much of a pre-season, Grehan has hardly had a first team run out, Halliwell was left hanging for a contract for how long, Kinniburugh has been playing more for Clyde than us recently. I take your point that the core of the team is the same old, but it's not exactly a settled team either. I wonder what the point of a pre-season is if we're not going to sign players until the season actually starts?

Grehan and Balatoni did not start.Hlliwell played afew times last season and as for Kinniburugh we all know what he is like.Isaid to my son before the start of the season we will struggle badly this season as we cannot score and so for this season i have seen nothing to change my mind.Did we not go 7 games in a row lat season without scoring? and our forwards are the exact same this season.You say it is not a settled team who else do we have apart fom Archibald and Macnamara?

I know what your getting at but of all players I thought Flannigan, his injury aside, had a full pre-season. Up at St Andrews he knew all the players by name & nickname suggesting he'd trained with the guys from week one. Despite missing a friendly thru injury I think he played in friendlies as much as anyone else.

Amen to that. It's gone on long enough. We all just say "oh, but everyone has it tough just now" and "what can they do?".

Sod it, enough is more than enough. We have had these clowns here far too long and for what reward?

And for all the smart so and so's that say "eh, you can't sack a board". Are you happy with this situation, when diddies like Raith Rovers beat us to average players like Baird and then gub us because our own board will only sanction new contracts if they are handed to the cheapest available and as late as possible. Heck, it wasn't even a majority that chanted "sack the board" today. We have been fed this nonsense for years and I for one am long past the stage of being at the end of my tether. Wake up. Get the incompetent leeches out of here.

Amen to that, the excuse book is running out of pages, no excuses left.

JAGS FANS, RALLY BEHIND THE TERMINATOR AND REDNECK, AND WE SHALL LEAD YOU TO VICTORY!

They are bloody-sucking ticks, sucking the blood out of this club, and when they have sucked the club dry they will be fat with there profits, while the average Jags fan will be left without a club! If we dont do something now you will regret it when we are no longer around.

As said by The Terminator, some people say you cant sack a board! BS! They act is if they are content with the situation. My opinions are blunt, but I'm not going to pussyfoot around the situation at hand, you either get behind this charge to push these idiots out, or for all I care you can stand in-front of us in the line of fire, your choice!

Dang, it's good to be a yon redneck, aint no reward in subtlety y'all! :thumbsup2:

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Amen to that, the excuse book is running out of pages, no excuses left.

JAGS FANS, RALLY BEHIND THE TERMINATOR AND REDNECK, AND WE SHALL LEAD YOU TO VICTORY!

They are bloody-sucking ticks, sucking the blood out of this club, and when they have sucked the club dry they will be fat with there profits, while the average Jags fan will be left without a club! If we dont do something now you will regret it when we are no longer around.

As said by The Terminator, some people say you cant sack a board! BS! They act is if they are content with the situation. My opinions are blunt, but I'm not going to pussyfoot around the situation at hand, you either get behind this charge to push these idiots out, or for all I care you can stand in-front of us in the line of fire, your choice!

Dang, it's good to be a yon redneck, aint no reward in subtlety y'all! :thumbsup2:

:lol: Lead on soldier, so what's your battle plan then :unsure:

He's turning out the be the 12th man for the opposition. If he can't play without giving away suicidal free-kicks or penalties, then he's a liability, and McCall should get rid of asap.

He was terrible at the penalty he could have pressured the guy to go out wide as he wasn,t going through the middle but instead takes a big lunge at the guy costing us not only a goal but a sending off

Could not agree more, there is no chance this guy is a defender and we have only went and given him a contract extension last season!

The only thing that will make the board take notice is giving them some financial pressure.

Supporters have the power. If they decided to stay away from a home game, and the clubs cashflow dried up, the bank would ask the directors for some cash.

Would they put their hands in their pockets or would the cave in to some pressure.

I think they would cave in rather than use their own cash.

The only challenge is that it needs to be co-ordinated, rather than a gradual reduction in fans due to the product on the pitch, to give it maximum impact.

The only thing that will make the board take notice is giving them some financial pressure.

Supporters have the power. If they decided to stay away from a home game, and the clubs cashflow dried up, the bank would ask the directors for some cash.

Would they put their hands in their pockets or would the cave in to some pressure.

I think they would cave in rather than use their own cash.

The only challenge is that it needs to be co-ordinated, rather than a gradual reduction in fans due to the product on the pitch, to give it maximum impact.

Sorry, I'm a season ticket holder so my opinion is largely academic but if I was pay at the gate there is no way I would boycott a game for political (for that's what it would be) purposes. In reality I'd be cherry picking whichever game I'd want to go along to. No outside influence would really sway my opinion. That's a hard fact from someone who wants to see those jokers expunged. Imagine the opinion of those who are now indifferent to the whole sad situation.