Celtic Game

Butters

Discussion on Sportscene last night around when Celtic will win the league this season. One of the possibilities, depending on upcoming results obvioulsy, was that they could win the league at Firhill on the 26th.

I seriously hope this isnt the case and we have to witness them partying in our stadium. I know they wouldn't be presented with the trophy that night but still not a nice thought.

Oh and this isnt a Celtic hating or bashing post. They've won the league and deserve to celebrate and party just not keen on it being at Firhill and being there to witness it.

On a related note has it been announced if the same criteria applies for this game as the last game. ie we get shifted to the main stand to allow them the north and part of the JHS:?

Discussion on Sportscene last night around when Celtic will win the league this season. One of the possibilities, depending on upcoming results obvioulsy, was that they could win the league at Firhill on the 26th.

I seriously hope this isnt the case and we have to witness them partying in our stadium. I know they wouldn't be presented with the trophy that night but still not a nice thought.

Oh and this isnt a Celtic hating or bashing post. They've won the league and deserve to celebrate and party just not keen on it being at Firhill and being there to witness it.

On a related note has it been announced if the same criteria applies for this game as the last game. ie we get shifted to the main stand to allow them the north and part of the JHS:?

I hope they dont win it then either, I see they have Ross County to play after us if they have won the league by them they may play a weaker team against the Dingwall lads

hopefully the Dons can win their next 2 fixtures at home to Killie on 22nd march and away to ross county on tues 25th, the night before we play Celtic.which will leave Celtic 21 ahead with 21 left to play for meaning if they beat County they will win it at home that weekend.

We will again be in the Main Stand for this game. Any chance of that being reviewed and amended was thrown into touch when the best fans in the world decided to wreck Fir Park, ripping up seats and letting off flares.

Putting the emotions to one side, think of the revenue if it was possible for them to win at Firhill. If you don't want to see them party, don't go to the game, but the place will be full and could be an additional player in the squad next year from the gate receipts alone.

I wouldn't be against giving them the whole stadium.

Compensate season ticket holders with £20 each or whatever. Give them the whole ground maximise the revenue, jags fans watch it in the pub.

Aye never bother about supporting your team. What kind of message would that send to the team who look for our backing - and the kids we're trying to encourage to become the supporters of the future? Stupid, stupid comment.

Ok, say we charge Celtic 25. That covers the 20 refund to season ticket holders and a 5 pound profit on seats that would have been filled anyway. More money for Archie next season for our charge for Europe.

Aye never bother about supporting your team. What kind of message would that send to the team who look for our backing - and the kids we're trying to encourage to become the supporters of the future? Stupid, stupid comment.

I'm sure the kids will understand when they are old enough to grasp the economics of running a football club. Till then, they can just be happy that they get to see every other game for free. These weins don't know they're born.

The players are fully paid professionals, they should be able to perform whether they have fans at the game or not.

I would advise you to think about the financial benefits for the club and stop being so pig headed.

We are a small club who need to maximise revenue wherever we can - otherwise, there is no club.

Sad fact is that we couldn't sell all our allocation last time - that's thousands of pounds the club can ill afford to lose.

I'm sure the kids will understand when they are old enough to grasp the economics of running a football club. Till then, they can just be happy that they get to see every other game for free. These weins don't know they're born.

The players are fully paid professionals, they should be able to perform whether they have fans at the game or not.

I would advise you to think about the financial benefits for the club and stop being so pig headed.

We are a small club who need to maximise revenue wherever we can - otherwise, there is no club.

Sad fact is that we couldn't sell all our allocation last time - that's thousands of pounds the club can ill afford to lose.

I genuinely thought your first post was a joke. You would seriously stop thistle fans going to a home game? And people say the TAG fiasco is making us a laughing stock.

I genuinely thought your first post was a joke. You would seriously stop thistle fans going to a home game? And people say the TAG fiasco is making us a laughing stock.

What's the problem Andy?

I know a hell of a lot of people who don't go to these games anyway, due to the nature of the crowd that follow the OF. We never sell out our allocation for these games and Celtic obviously will.

There's clearly a lot of money to be made here, anyone who wants the club to miss out on that needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Sounds as if some people would prefer the club to operate as charity.

What's the problem Andy?

I know a hell of a lot of people who don't go to these games anyway, due to the nature of the crowd that follow the OF. We never sell out our allocation for these games and Celtic obviously will.

There's clearly a lot of money to be made here, anyone who wants the club to miss out on that needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Sounds as if some people would prefer the club to operate as charity.

So if some people don't go because they don't like the other teams fans, we've all not to go to a game that we've already paid for?

Seems crazy. Why would we not just sell the tickets up until a week before and give them the rest? They would still fill the stadium, that way we get to SUPPORT our club, the stadium is full and like you say we get important revenue. I don't see any advantage of giving them all the tickets.

Or why don't we just charge their fans 50 pound a head, tell our team not to turn up either and they can use our pitch as a sort of function suite for their title party. After all it's all about the money.

So if some people don't go because they don't like the other teams fans, we've all not to go to a game that we've already paid for?

Seems crazy. Why would we not just sell the tickets up until a week before and give them the rest? They would still fill the stadium, that way we get to SUPPORT our club, the stadium is full and like you say we get important revenue. I don't see any advantage of giving them all the tickets.

Or why don't we just charge their fans 50 pound a head, tell our team not to turn up either and they can use our pitch as a sort of function suite for their title party. After all it's all about the money.

We'd probably get fined for that Andy.

Give me a shout next time you have a sensible suggestion

Edited by ian_mac

Can't believe that some of the suggestions on here are serious. The same guys who spat the dummy about their seats being moved are now proposing that we should just give them the whole stadium in the interests of maximising revenue. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, throwing toys out the pram, or just making a crazy suggestion to prompt debate? I'm not sure (hopefully the latter).

Anyway, I love Celtic games. And I'll be there (unless the board decide that it's a brilliant idea and I find myself locked out of my own team's vital home game). I'd love to beat them and I wouldn't care if they won the title while losing, or even drawing with us. It would make us look good and I couldn't care less how it makes them look.

You are obviously a bit naive about the economics of running a football club.

I'm reluctant to bite. My suspicion is that when you were all upset about getting moved out of the North Stand for the last Celtic game, that this was the line you were fed by the board, or by whoever, and now you're exaggerating that into a ridiculous situation to prove a point. My view was always that there seemed valid reasons for the move into the main Stand, though I'd grant that these reasons were mainly due to Celtic fans' inability to act in a civilsed manner (but that doesn't surprise us), and therefore a bit hard to swallow. And I'd respect your reasons for being annoyed.

Either way your latest suggestion is ridiculous, but I think you know that.

• Like 1

That's your opinion Andy and I'm sorry you feel that way.

You are obviously a bit naive about the economics of running a football club.

Wow. Your patronising responses are even more stupid than your original suggestion. Like allyo has pointed out above, I think you, and everyone else for that matter, know that your idea is a lot of nonsense which begs the question, why would you even write something so blatantly stupid? Maybe Monday morning happens to be a little bit boring for you and you get some form of excitement by trying to wind people up. Either that or you genuinely believe the nonsense that you're writing. Either way, I really do feel sorry for you.

Wow. Your patronising responses are even more stupid than your original suggestion.

I think the patronising response may have been recycled for effect. I wouldn't take it personally.

Apologies if I'm misrepresenting you Ian.

Edited by allyo

I was too near the Jungles for my liking at the last game in October? Any idea how my mate and I can switch to the excellent main stand facility for this upcoming fixture?

Edited by jagfox