Kallum Higginbotham

Jagsman

great signing this season I know there a thread below but wanted to highlight my own, we should get him signed on a multi year contract, his attitude shows he should be captain looks like he feels pain when team are losing well done archie on signing him at start of season

the guy is class. can be a little bit greedy but I don't mind that. shows he wants to do his best for the team.

who is he celebrating with in the JHS?

going to assume it is his better half

Think it was somebody who was giving him some stick in the first half.

He says it gave him the kick up the backside he needed or words to that effect.

Wonder who this foul mouthed motivator is? :D

Dear Mr Billko,

You are a Jag in all but name. Your posts re Thistle on this forum are very supportive of the club and you talk a lot of Thistle sense. You have an affinity with PTFC that appears to go beyond the fact of your son (?) playing for us at a junior level. I would very respectfully ask you to complete the assignment change now and divest yourself of your allegiance to you know who. You are clearly a Jag trapped in the body of a thingmybob. There's a lot of support for you here should you choose to formally come over to the bright side.

Over to you my friend.

Sincerest wishes,

Blackpool Jags

• Like 5

I doubted his end product for the first half of the season but since the turn of the year he's been lethal. For instance, that second half performance at Motherwell was one of the best individual displays I've seen from a Thistle player.

The big question, does anyone know if he is eligible for Scotland? Any Scottish grannies?

It only just occurred to me that Kallum must have been in the right back position at the time to have heard whoever it was. Archie played just about his most attacking line up yesterday. I don't think a result would've been likely without a great deal of tracking back. Higgy obviously was doing just that when he got the verbals. Opportunistic from the fan in question's point of view but just as well Kallum is playing with such confidence.

Remember Higgie's first(?) appearance in the glorious red'n'yella up at County - came on as a sub and stuck two away in the pokey (both cancelled for offside, unfortunately).

However, I don't think anyone has mentioned the spontaneous chant from the mental boys behind the goal -

"Your name's too long,

your name's too long.....

Kallum Higginbotham,

your name's too long."

Got him smiling.....

It only just occurred to me that Kallum must have been in the right back position at the time to have heard whoever it was. Archie played just about his most attacking line up yesterday. I don't think a result would've been likely without a great deal of tracking back. Higgy obviously was doing just that when he got the verbals. Opportunistic from the fan in question's point of view but just as well Kallum is playing with such confidence.

It was when Hibs left back, Hoof McGivern, picked up the ball in acres of space about thirty yards from goal. It looked dangerous but the peroxide donkey did nothing more than win a corner. Kallum was way behind the play and still on his way back when the fan shouted to Higgy that he should have been tracking back. They had an exchange before the corner was taken - I couldn't hear everything but in fairness I don't think it was foul mouthed abuse to use the tabloid term.

As i mentioned on the other thread, Higgy came over at the start of the second half and gave the guy a hug and when he scored he looked for him to acknowledge the celebration - it was good-natured and not a GIRUY.

A great little Firhill moment.

A thought occurred to me. Higginbotham was our Erskine replacement. Now we have both him AND Erksine playing in the same team. Terrific... and terrific to see Taylor and Doolan play together.Wouldn't be surprised though if Doolan gets dropped for the next game which is away, though.

i loved our attacking team we had against hibs. Dools, Higgy and the squid! if we go down, we go down with style!!

Anyway, Higgy is a god. He looks like an old player from the 50s with that hairstyle or a pirate with all those tatoos!

But the time, hard work and effort he puts in is amazing!

What a well deserved goal he got. His talent and hard work are a joy to behold!

Remember Higgie's first(?) appearance in the glorious red'n'yella up at County - came on as a sub and stuck two away in the pokey (both cancelled for offside, unfortunately).

However, I don't think anyone has mentioned the spontaneous chant from the mental boys behind the goal -

"Your name's too long,

your name's too long.....

Kallum Higginbotham,

your name's too long."

Got him smiling.....

:lol: That's class.

Got to admit I was one of those who doubted Higgy, never doubted his ability or his workrate but tended to play for himself with not a lot of end product. The last batch of games Higgy has been outstanding scoring some brilliant goals ( Motherwell and Hibs especially) and lots of assists as well. I'm sure Archie and Shaggy must take a little bit of credit for making him in to the player he's becoming,hopefully he stays at Firhill for at least a couple of years.

• Members

The second chance he had yesterday when he cut in from the left and hit it straight at Williams, he should have passed it to Taylor who was far better placed. Likewise Erskines first missed chance, again Taylor was free with just the keeper to beat and in a better position.

• Like 1

Somehow, Higginbotham needs to be persuaded that from time to time it's worth emulating Doolan's example and dummying or passing to get the easier option for the team rather than choosing the more difficult option for KH. As Willjag says, at that first option, Taylor would almost certainly have had the ball in the net. A great performance overall from Kallum, though - even if his parents opted to use the letter K in a Gaelic name. :crazy:

Dear Mr Billko,

You are a Jag in all but name. Your posts re Thistle on this forum are very supportive of the club and you talk a lot of Thistle sense. You have an affinity with PTFC that appears to go beyond the fact of your son (?) playing for us at a junior level. I would very respectfully ask you to complete the assignment change now and divest yourself of your allegiance to you know who. You are clearly a Jag trapped in the body of a thingmybob. There's a lot of support for you here should you choose to formally come over to the bright side.

Over to you my friend.

Sincerest wishes,

Blackpool Jags

Alright guys hands up i will admit it.

Higgy was pointing at me :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The Jags fan involved has admitted it already on the Fellow Jags Fan Facebook page, so we know it's not you Billko! :)

I know Will but was just having a wee joke. :)

billy boy and john terry separated at birth

Is this for me?

That's the nicest insult you have ever said to me Yoda :lol: