Higher The Table, Higher The Money

read'n'yell

Just had a little thought looking at the table just now and thinking do I really care if we finnish 11th or 7th. In terms of the league and position, it's always nice to end up higher up but I had a look at the finances. So the new distribution of wealth means that:

1: £2,405,514 (13.39%, -£314,487)

2: £1,717,454 (9.56%, -£682,546)

3: £1,460,555 (8.13%, -£59,446)

4: £1,288,629 (7.17%, -£71,371)

5: £1,202,757 (6.7%, -£77,243)

6: £1,116,884 (6.22%, -£83,116)

7: £1,056,701 (5.88%, -£63,299)

8: £1,005,142 (5.6%, -£34,858)

9: £987,895 (5.5%, +£27,895)

10: £902,023 (5.02%, +£22,023)

11: £816,150 (4.54%, +£16,150)

12: £730,277 (4.07%, +£10,277)

So the difference between 10th and 9th is £85,000 which is a huge sum of money to ourselves - it's probably about two players on our average basic wages I'd guess. The difference between 10th and 11th is about £90,000 again. So finnishing 9th instead of 11th is an extra £175k - could make a big difference next season. All the more to want to get the players going and push on.

When you see the prize money this year, compared to what we're used to, we really should be on a fine financial base next season if we stay up.

Edited by read'n'yell
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What a result that was last night. No pressure going into the game now on saturday and if we take 7th spot, a fair difference in cash also which would allow us to offer better terms or bring in a decent couple of players. looking 4ward to next season awready.

When you take this in to consideration it makes Saturday's game vitally important. I had no idea the difference in prize money was that much.

Finish 7th and we could bring in some seriously good players for next season. Lyle Taylor on a 3 year deal should be top of the list.

We need a massive home backing on Saturday. With the early kick off time, the distance to travel, and the fact they are already safe, I'd be surprised if County brought 100 fans down. Let's get as many people to the game as possible.

When you take this in to consideration it makes Saturday's game vitally important. I had no idea the difference in prize money was that much.

Finish 7th and we could bring in some seriously good players for next season. Lyle Taylor on a 3 year deal should be top of the list.

We need a massive home backing on Saturday. With the early kick off time, the distance to travel, and the fact they are already safe, I'd be surprised if County brought 100 fans down. Let's get as many people to the game as possible.

Just posted on another thread, but this is a huge game for the club, so I'd be very, very surprised if we 'rest' anybody. 3 points would be HUGE!!!

important we start saturday as we ended last night, on and off the pitch.

jags support in full voice. players in full control on the pitch.

nonstop singing spurring team to bag a few goals in first half

party party party second half

go directly to spfl bank and collect the 7th place cashpot

get extended and improved contracts sorted asap for stars like dools, higgy, mcmillan,banzo, fraser, jimmy c

get taylor and the bridge on permanent deals

strengthen further over summer

then bring on season 2014/2015

get extended and improved contracts sorted asap for stars like dools, higgy, mcmillan,banzo, fraser, jimmy c

Sounds like a plan, so we'll leave this in your capable hands.

Well said would also add Paul Gallacher on a new deal is a must for me as well.

Last but not least Archie and Scott deserve new contracts as well - they have more than successfully completed a massive task

finishing 7th is vital and should be top priority , the Euphoria and relief should be put to the back burner. Am sure the management and the players will concentrate on the last game . The management ( AA) has already itimated the differences of being secure in the top flight to next seasons planning . FInishing 7th scoring +1 more or the same than ST Mirren if they win will give AA more flexibilty in his funding for the future even if its used for other indirect activities of the club.

So thinking about last years payout , if this is true , did we get anything close to that , it says 2.25% increase ,but the monies is 318k greater ?

First Division

1: £386,248 (2.15%, +£318,248)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/229106-how-much-money-does-your-club-stand-to-make-from-league-reconstruction/

c'mon guys , big crowd , big effort and make your future just that little more secure.

Target next year , converting chances in front of goal , experienced defending and a top six finish -- ( that means being 14 points better next year , changing 7 draws into wins or reversing 5 of the 15 defeats to wins ).

So thinking about last years payout , if this is true , did we get anything close to that , it says 2.25% increase ,but the monies is 318k greater ?

First Division

Its 318k more than last year but the 2.15% is the share of the total money divided between all the Scottish clubs im sure.

Got to be slightly disappointed with that result today. Lost out on £150000. Hopefully it doesnt cost us keeping the likes of Lyle Taylor and other decent potential signing targets

Do you think either squad were on a significant bonus for a victory today? And by either, I mean County, obviously.

If we had finished 7th then it would have made it harder to beat it next season. Hope we can tie up Taylor on a 2 year deal an build a solid defence. Just saying the extra cash we could have got the day could be the difference between signing a dafty or bringing in a better quality player