Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

I was up watching Thistle train this morning, few new faces training with them as well as 3/4 of the unders.

Seaborne (never knew about the signing until I got back), a guy that looked very much like the 1st half trialist from Sunderland game, James McFadden (wearing number 21) and a young guy wearing 28 who looked foreign though to be fair that could have been Colina as I've never seen him up close.

Yup. A forum. Where fans can exchange views. Like the manager being economical with the truth. Or the Chief Executive not doing his job properly. Classy stuff.

Anyway, it's clear from the three signings that the club have been working their bollox off trying to get the right players in. I'd expect a striker to sign before the end of the transfer window...

I was up watching Thistle train this morning, few new faces training with them as well as 3/4 of the unders.

Seaborne (never knew about the signing until I got back), a guy that looked very much like the 1st half trialist from Sunderland game, James McFadden (wearing number 21) and a young guy wearing 28 who looked foreign though to be fair that could have been Colina as I've never seen him up close.

28 is McDaid.

Chris what time did you roll up to training at? I want to take my wee boy up before he goes back to school.

I went up at about 10:30am and they were already there, trained until about 1pm. They were on the grass pitch UP from the big AstroTurf one at the front. Unders were on the astro

Will reserve judgement until I've actually seen him play but on the face of it, he sounds like a handy signing. He's played at a decent level for a number of years now and although predominantly a centre-half, he should be able to cover at left back in an emergency. Despite not being 6"3 as some are suggesting (he appears to be 6 foot according to his previous clubs), he'll add a bit of experience to the defence and will hopefully complement Balatoni and Muirhead quite well. After watching the highlights of County's opener against St Johnstone, the big lad Jervis looked like he could have caused us problems had we failed to get someone with a bit of aggression in before Wednesday but hopefully Seaborne will rectify this.

With his signing, I would have thought that we have now ended our interest in Zubar but possibly not the younger defender who featured in the first half of the Sunderland game; as I mentioned in the post-game thread, he looked well coached if a little unconvincing under pressure.

Despite not being 6"3 as some are suggesting (he appears to be 6 foot according to his previous clubs), he'll add a bit of experience to the defence and will hopefully complement Balatoni and Muirhead quite well.

From the official site picture he certainly looks about 2-3 inches taller than Archie. Not sure what height Archie is. Always presumed he's been just under 6 foot.

Agree with you on the first trialist. I thought he looked decent but Archie's never mentioned signing two centre backs, and sounds like Seaborne will only play left back in emergencies. Archie said the first trialist was pretty young, so could maybe bed him in in under 20s.

From the official site picture he certainly looks about 2-3 inches taller than Archie. Not sure what height Archie is. Always presumed he's been just under 6 foot.

Agree with you on the first trialist. I thought he looked decent but Archie's never mentioned signing two centre backs, and sounds like Seaborne will only play left back in emergencies. Archie said the first trialist was pretty young, so could maybe bed him in in under 20s.

It's his voluminous hair!

If that was to transpire Lindsay could go out on loan. He did well at Alloa but his "education" was cut short thru injury. The signing of Seaborne would mean Liam's opportunity of playing in the first team the more unlikely, certainly for the first half of the season..

So, I'll turn your question back at you. At the start of the transfer window if you knew we were going to sign an attacking midfielder, a holding midfielder, a left-sided centre half and a loan striker, plus give our youth a chance, would you have been happy?

I'd have been a lot happier if our youth lads had been given more time pre season instead of playing trialists. Keenan especially.

If it's a young centre forward then I'm not so sure. It depends if it's a Henoc Mukendi type or not.

I also think we need another attacking wide n b

player. Injuries would see us light there & didn't think we saw the best of a Bannigan when he played that role last season. Again, McDaid may well be the answer but then he's another I'd liked to have been given more game time pre season.

He's looked impressive when coming on.

Stevenson & Osman I've already said are good signings. The irony being that they were in positions that arguably we had a bit of cover for if things didn't work out in the transfer market.

I'd have been a lot happier if our youth lads had been given more time pre season instead of playing trialists. Keenan especially.

I'd have to check and with all those substitutions it does get a tad confusing but I thought Keenan, Wilson & McDaid all got a fair amount of game time in the friendlies.

Twitter says Gonclaves on a season long loan from Rio Ave. sounds to good to be true!

He could fit right into the Glasgow lifestyle if Wiki is to be believed

On 31 December 2013, APOEL terminated Esmaël's contract with the club by mutual consent, after the player repeatedly broke curfew and ignored successive team warnings to reduce his alcohol and cigarette consumption.[32]