Saturday's 'highlights'

Interesting. Considering those highlights were put together by Raith, and considering all the rage in the reports from the people who actually went to the game, I was surprised by how many chances we appear to have had, even when down to ten men. Going on those highlights we have to take our chances, that seemed to be the only difference between the sides.

Interesting. Considering those highlights were put together by Raith, and considering all the rage in the reports from the people who actually went to the game, I was surprised by how many chances we appear to have had, even when down to ten men. Going on those highlights we have to take our chances, that seemed to be the only difference between the sides.

Basically your right it was down to taking chances, we made our chances but we gifted Raith theirs. It was pretty much the same last season from xmas onwards when we enjoyed lots of possession but couldnt convert any chances. I thought 4-0 flattered RR. As i said in prevous post i was more angry at our misses than our mistakes, at least if you take your chances you can recover from a mistake, it doesnt work the other way round

Anyone else think Halliwell coul dhave done considerbaly better with the shot at the first goal?

Yes, but I also think whoever was closing down Ferry (Paton?) could have made a considerably better job of geeting his body in the way of the shot and not curling into a little girly ball.

It was clear at the time that Halliwell was badly at fault for the first two. Got his angles completely wrong for the first goal. The second was a terrible throwout to Boyle. You can't see it in the highlights, but Buchanan made a brilliant run out to the left wing as soon as Geri got his hands on the ball. A quick, long throwout to Buchanan would almost certainly led to a chance, or at least dead ball possession up the park. He hesitated, then threw the ball behind Boyle.

I was so angry and upset at the time on Saturday, but as a Jags fan sometimes you just need to man up and get on with it. That's why we're better then any of the scum's supporters.

MON THE JAGS!

I thought Halliwell was completely at fault for the 2nd goal and mostly at fault for the first.

There's a wee bit of irony to the second goal. Halliwell was getting rightly miffed at lack of movement on the flanks each time he had the ball. So instead of a quick throw out it inevitably lead to him being forced to punt the ball up to Buchanan (there was equally no movement up front for any variation).

Got a feeling when he did throw the ball out towards Boyle he did so out of frustration. Maybe someone can confirm but I'm sure that was Halliwell's first throw out in that first 30 or so minutes. Stupid error but I just wonder if it was the frustration of all those pointless kick outs that got to him.

Well that and the small matter of four goals. Are you Bunter's agent?

It was clear at the time that Halliwell was badly at fault for the first two. Got his angles completely wrong for the first goal. The second was a terrible throwout to Boyle. You can't see it in the highlights, but Buchanan made a brilliant run out to the left wing as soon as Geri got his hands on the ball. A quick, long throwout to Buchanan would almost certainly led to a chance, or at least dead ball possession up the park. He hesitated, then threw the ball behind Boyle.

I was so angry and upset at the time on Saturday, but as a Jags fan sometimes you just need to man up and get on with it. That's why we're better then any of the scum's supporters.

MON THE JAGS!

Totally agree! Saw Buchanan's run as well.

What a sorry collection of attempts on goal by us. Truly pathetic.

To right. Why doesn't anyone absolutely melt it anymore. All our missed chances on goal these days seem to be weak as piss sidefooters. Get Steve Pittman in to take shooting practice.

Edited by The Legend Blows

To right. Why doesn't anyone absolutely melt it anymore. All our missed chances on goal these days seem to be weak as piss sidefooters. Get Steve Pittman in to take shooting practice.

Yeah, when watching highlights it seems that most shots are sclaffed and arrive at the goalkeepers arms or crawl wide of the post at a snails pace. How hard is it to put your boot through it?