Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

I wont be re-newing , I didnt appreciate being moved out the NS for the sellik game wouldve been better to have given that lot the old stand , get more jags fans in the other 2 stands and have a numbers advantage , and if the polis were capable of body searching then they wouldve found the flares before the smells got in there with them. Sickened completely now though, I travel over a hundred miles for home matches as a loyal thistle fan and this is the thanks !! well no thank you Mr Beattie , I'll spend my saturdays on the golf course this season , cheers !! ps. thats a hundred miles each way !!!

Edited by Harry Wragg

Anyone else think the lack of publication about season ticket renewals for next season is surely a positive sign? Was meant to be an announcement today but, as yet, still hasn't happened. Maybe, just maybe, they've listened to the fans.

I said earlier I thought this was strange the lack of official announcement. But you make a good point as well, has anyone actually spoken to someone at the club to renew/purchase a season ticket? If so what was the response?

Might phone up myself and ask for one in the North Stand.

First of all. The groundswell of feeling on this issue has been way beyond my expectations. I didn't for one minute expect the instant reaction of the North Stand in the 2nd half on saturday.

I also didn't anticipate the solidarity from so many JH season ticket holders. Those people in particular are a real credit to themselves.

I can't really add to what Dave has said. As the days have passed I have become increasingly angry about the way this was communicated.

Why on earth should me and Dave be the ones to break this news?

To put me and Dave in that position is a disgrace. It was tactical, it was calculated, and it was timed to perfection in their eyes.

I've been told that there are no plans to make a statement on this. The club think that it's just me and Dave plus a few other hotheads who are angry about this.

One quote from the meeting really sticks in my throat though.

We were trying to make the point about what a positive impact the support from the north stand has had on the players.

Maxi's response: "Hardly, we've only won 2 home games all season".

I think that sums up perfectly how the fans are viewed.

I don't know what will happen next, but I have a fair idea.

The club will tug on the hearts strings of everyone threatening not to renew. There will be an almighty guilt trip along the lines of

"You're only stopping Archie from getting the players he wants"

That's generally how it will go.

Me? I couldn't care less. If we are going to be treated like this, then quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about what's going on with Archie's budget. I won't be there to see the team play anyway.

• Like 6

One quote from the meeting really sticks in my throat though.

We were trying to make the point about what a positive impact the support from the north stand has had on the players.

Maxi's response: "Hardly, we've only won 2 home games all season".

I think that sums up perfectly how the fans are viewed.

Frankly I am beyond words at that statement. I agree with your latter part, as I stated last night, how long will it take for them to come out with, well you can wave bye bye to Lyle Taylor, Higgy and others getting extension offers etc etc. it's so predictable. Maxwell had better sort this nonsense out pronto!

Edited by Lindau

Do these guys not realise that the north stand and the atmosphere it creates is a part of why people go every week? Until the north stand was introduced I went to at most 5 or 6 home games a season, I've been at every home game bar Aberdeen in the cup this year. And I would say I probably made about 10 of our home games last season as well. It's not a coincidence. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

• Like 1

To put me and Dave in that position is a disgrace. It was tactical, it was calculated, and it was timed to perfection in their eyes.

I've been told that there are no plans to make a statement on this. The club think that it's just me and Dave plus a few other hotheads who are angry about this.

Couldn't agree more, despicable behaviour.

Have you heard from the club recently on thinking it's just a few angry fans? If that's the case, they should read the forum, view the petitions... I think they are way off the mark with that. I'm surprised as well at the amount of people i've spoken to on this and off the forum about it, very, very few people have said they will be attending matches next season let alone buying season tickets.

• Members

I know the Club think this will blow over and in reality, if they just ignore it, it probably will just fade away as these sort of things always have done. But the down side to this is there will be some dedicated fans will chuck it. The Club has lost many fans because of these types of decisions and then wonder why more folk don't turn up. It's important that there's structure to this protest at the decision. So please do sign the petition and please don't resort to abuse. Adding your ST seat number may be helpful. If you are going to stop paying your CF money, Season Ticket money, send the Club a letter explaining why and ask them to reconsider.

Agree entirely with ian_mac on this - I won't be attending games if they're bringing Firhill back to the depressing and soulless place it used to be. I'm not paying £20 to sit bored and cold in a desolate stadium, certainly not when I know the board only seem to hold me and mine in contempt.

Ironically, I get the impression that if we were relegated we'd probably get the North Stand back (as the club would, again, need every penny it could get and would realise, again, that it might have to look after it's own supporters) - another reason why I personally don't give a toss about Archie's budget -

Just to add, it shows the true depth of feeling towards how poor this decision is when fans that were fighting like cats and dogs last week over the team and Manager, are all fighting the same corner on this one!

Coerrecto.....badly managed, woefully communicated and a very poor business decision

Do the club think this will just go away??

The club have stated the ST's will be on sale today....... well obviously they have had a re-think on that one and plan to delay in the hope this goes away.

What will happen is 1 of 2 things

1 The club will back down in a month or so, then there will be a shambles as they try to organize ST sales again in a short time

2 The club won't back down and we will have a soulless ground and will take decades to get our fan level back up again

To be honest someone needs sacked over this actual decision, the way its been communicated and the total contempt shown to the clubs customers

Also I would advise folk to send their messages also to @ThistleTweet to their facebook page make it known but keep it within the realms of decency

Edited by Norgethistle

People I feel sorry for are the office staff who will have to deal with the many complaints when they will have had 0 input in the decision & probably not really know what's going on. Any fans complaining, don't take it out on the person who answers the phone or answers your email & perhaps doesn't give you the response you're looking for.

Ian,

It is with regret that I must inform you that it is my intention now not to renew my season ticket (customer no: 100800001228) for the upcoming season, due to the decision which has been taken to remove the singing section from the north stand. I know for a fact that I am not alone in this, and I would urge you to read the appropriate threads on the fans forum in order to get a sense of the strength of feeling that people have on this issue.

It is my belief that by removing the home fans from this section, which is where I am located for every match despite my season ticket being in the Jackie husband stand, will have a hugely detrimental effect upon the atmosphere and the match day experience at Firhill. I remember the pre-north stand days where Firhill was just another soul less stadium and attending football matches there was rarely a particularly enjoyable experience. I do not wish to see the club take a massive step back away from all the good work that has been achieved in recent years to make Firhill a fun and vibrant place to go for match days, and I do not wish to return to the Firhill of old.

I would urge you and the board to reconsider and reverse this decision. The explanations which were given to the 2 fans charged with delivering this news are frankly laughable. As far as I can see, there are no good reasons to justify this move and I really feel that it is in the club's best interests to scrap this move and move on.

Best regards,

A copy of the email I've sent to the club.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow
  • Like 1

I have been in the NS, with my son, for the last 4 games and while I am not too bothered about it personally - I go to watch the football and the view overall is far better from the JHS - there is no doubt that the NS has brought back to Firhill the kind of atmosphere Jags fans create at away games and Firhill is a much better place for it.

This is just a stupid decision by the Board. We may be a business but that business only exists as a football club.The Board's job is to enable Archie to put the best available team on the park and to do everything they can to make that team successful. This decision does neither - indeed it undermines both objectives.

I won't refuse to renew my Season Ticket - I couldn't explain it to my 11 year old - but while (unusually) I have the money available I won't be renewing immediately as I had planned and the petition has been signed.

Ok, you asked for it...

Because it takes the office 3 weeks to prepare for a Celtic game, moving us permanently will alleviate some of the workload from the office as they won't need to contact 250 season ticket holders about moving.

Here's a question, the ST holders in the JHS stand that get moved when Celtic come to visit, will they find that they cannot book their seats next year either?

I think the club have handled this extremely badly, and I would be absolutely gutted not to have to have the north stand next season. However, I'm still not quite clear on what the club thinks they stand to gain by displacing us. In their eyes, why does that make business sense? If there was a valid reason that would see the club significantly better off financially , and we still had a singing section, then I would still be hugely disappointed but a bit more understanding. As it stands however, I'm completely baffled, pissed off about how this has been dealt with, and pissed off the club hasn't commented on this officially. Was any other reason given other than the nonsense about the celtic tickets?

Really feeling gutted here for Ian and Dave.

Don't give up lads!

It's not their club. They might have the key's to the palace, but WE are Thistle.

When a manager tell's a player he's dropped, or even want's to try him in a different position, the player's got 2 options. Get pissed off and loose the chance of doing something he loves or see it as another challenge and say "f**k you gaffer. I'm sh1t hot." and prove the tool wrong.

We've got, on his day, the best 12th man in Scotland. Some pundits say the north stand is his best position, but with talent like that he'll scare any opposition, anytime, anywhere.

... ... ... sorry .... i'm goin off on one here .... but ffs... it's been a great season.. ... these eejits can act the c*nt if they want, but they ain't gonna ruin this. We've all waited too long already.

Chin up lads. Forever and ever!

Not doubting anyone's word on here, but I'm surprised at the level of "venom" on here, based on what for the moment is an unexplained and unconfirmed decision. Everyone seems very ready to assume the worst, on the basis of very little. I'll certainly be withholding judgement, and I'd have thought that the success of the season would have bought a bit of goodwill. On field success is not unrelated to the actions of the board, and you can be sure that if we were having a disaster on the park then the BoD would be getting a hard time. Why does this not work the other way?

If the Thistle fans are being moved from the North Stand for no good reason then it's frankly a stupid decision. It's clear to everyone what the NS has brought to Firhill over the last two seasons. But I don't believe that these people are stupid. So I'll await further details and I'll see what happens.

For anyone who's followed Thistle for the length of time I have i.e. 35-49 years I'm afraid the record of the BoD's over the years does not lend itself to giving them the benefit of the doubt. Instances such as allowing the Orange Order to parade at Firhill is only one instance of several that have caused me to question the wisdom of supporting the club. I had thought that up until Saturday, the " bad old days were gone forever". Hoever on the evidence of this announcement, given further credibility by the lack of any official denial from the club.

I really, really just want to support my team and especially don't want to spend my time enaging in compaints of an administrative nature, However, the club must bring itself into the twenty first century and realise that we the supporters have a right to be considered and consulted when important matters of this type are discussed. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

Edited by stillresigned