Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Rather than move us from the North Stand, can we instead address the root cause of the problem? The only reason Celtic fans are in the North stand is because they can't be trusted with flares. So, the root cause is the possible fire damage to main stand and associated safety concerns. Could be addressed by:

1. Better communications and policing of old firm fans to remove flares
  2. Fire proof the main stand

Moving us to the North stand is just sticking a plaster on the real issue.

On both occasions this season, Celtic fans have been easily able to access the main stand anyway.

We are probably very fortunate that there wasn't any incidents with flares or smoke bombs.

Well written email. Still waiting on a response from mine and it was considerably shorter than that...

For a season ticket and home game boycott to work it would probably need to be communicated to the wider fan base. Sky sports news website would be ideal. A representative of the fans from the forum could contact them and the club to let them know what will happen?

When your season ticket renewal form drops through the door later this week, write across it in a marker pen "NOT UNTIL THE NORTH STAND IS RED AND YELLOW" and send it back.

It's much easier for them to ignore e-mails with people saying "I won't be back" but we can really force their hand if we do something as simple as this.

Boycotts and emails to sponsors is not a positive approach and will only damage the club you love. Someone needs to step up and represent the fans here before things get more ugly. Out of all the various organisations associated (Jags Trust, One Thistle, Supporters Clubs) , is there nobody that can do that in a positive way?

• Like 1

Boycotts and emails to sponsors is not a positive approach and will only damage the club you love. Someone needs to step up and represent the fans here before things get more ugly. Out of all the various organisations associated (Jags Trust, One Thistle, Supporters Clubs) , is there nobody that can do that in a positive way?

I agree with you and would very much like to see this resolved before it gets worse. But at the moment I see no other way, the club refused to listen to Ian and Dave. They haven't listened to any other fans who have sent emails. The board have made this decision and they will be held accountable should the club suffer.

"We know it isn’t ideal, but hope that you recognise this as the only real course of action at this time."

Really???? What other options did you look at

"The support this season has been incredible and in no way do we wish to diminish this, we want you here singing week in week out."

Then don't antagonise us or none of us will be there, and you and Beattie will be able to have a wee duet, as that will be the only singing going on

"The fans are the most important part of this club and without you the club would not survive.

Well start to treat us as importantly as you state, and as valued customers

"Remember, it’s the fans that make the atmosphere – not where they sit in the stadium."

Total patronising to all our fans, take a hard look at yourself Maxi, this has put the fan club relations back a decade

I am raging over this statement, total disgrace to come out with this

Don't usually post on here but am a frequent visitor. Felt compelled to post after this absolute farce. Have emailed the club and will I **** be renewing my season ticket until the decision is reversed. Just means I'll have more money for the away days I'll be doing next season. Here is what I sent to the club:

Dear Ian Maxwell, David Beattie et al

I, like presumably many others have done before me, am writing to inform you of how appalled and disgusted I am at the decision which has been taken to remove Partick Thistle supporters from the North Stand.

As a North Stand season ticket holder for the last two years, and Firhill regular before this, I am dismayed and baffled at how this decision has been made. The manner of how the decision has been relayed to the fans makes it all even worse. The last day of an otherwise successful season was supposed to be a celebration of the achievements of our playing and coaching staff for keeping us in Scottish football's top tier, however instead it has ended on a sour note.

I had been trying to work out why the board see it as a good idea to remove Thistle fans from the North Stand but I just couldn't think of any, which is why I held off emailing until after the club had released an official statement. After the embarassment which is the statement released this afternoon, I remain unconvinced and now even more infuriated. The way the whole thing has been handled is a joke. Relaying the information to two unofficial representatives before the final game of the season and expecting them to spread the news is an utterly disgraceful way to treat not only the fans generally, but the two fans personally. The statement reads as unbelievably patronising and is not the way that loyal fans should be treated. A couple of sinks in a delapadated stand and letting us drape flags over empty seats? Please. Did anyone honestly really think that would appease angry supporters? I can't even get my head around the Rangers reasoning. Who's to say that they will win Division 1 next year? As we are all very aware, it is an extremely competitive league, made even moreso by the relegation of Hearts, and potentially Hibernian. Even if they do win it next year or the year after, who's to say we won't be relegated? We weren't exactly comfortable at any point this season and while I will always remain confident and back my team, to simply assume that Rangers will be promoted and play us is ridiculous and totally short-sighted.

I have been of the opinion that some of the decisions behind the scenes this season have been questionable, but unlike many others, I have put it down to this season being a learning curve, just like it has been for the majority of our playing and coaching staff. However, if this is what the board have learned from this then I refuse to have to put up with it. A total lack of respect to loyal, paying fans (or "customers" since I believe that Ian Maxwell was keen to point out to the two representatives who met him on Saturday afternoon that football was a business).

It has been said that the club are looking to increase their support, alienating a large part of it certainly will make it much harder to do so. A business is as big as its customers, so if football is a business then fans are the customers. I don't want to see the club I've supported my whole life take backwards steps after a promising two or so years in which I have enjoyed my best times at Firhill. I urge vehemently to reconsider the stance which you have taken on this, or risk losing a large, hardcore group of supporters as well as any atmosphere at Firhill.

If this decision is not reversed then you can take this as my confirmation that my season ticket will not be renewed.

Sincerely,

GMcC

Seat Q 70 - NORTH STAND

Customer number - 100800001194

Chris Jack needs to take a look at himself as well. He's an irrelevance and trying to wind-up Thistle fans is not a good move on his part at all.

Edited by GinolasBald
  • Like 1

@Chris_Jack89

Anyone who boycotts their club over this really needs to have a look at themselves. Laughable indeed.

What a fud.....is he a season ticket holder, does he pay at the gate....who gives a feckin toss what he thinks

"Rangers"...please. More likely to be dead again before they are back at Firhill.

This should be a no-brainer for the club. They suggest something, the fans don't like it,no need to change.

Bringing the currant buns into the argument, really does lower the tone to the level one would expect from Chick Dung and Co.

Are they really being serious or trying to get eveyones back up, for absolutely no reason.

As others have said I can see our goodwill being flung in our faces and as a result disappearing like snow of a dyke. Or since Beattie and chums seem to be more interested in things south of the river, dissapearing faster than the monies raised in a Sevco share issue.

A word of warning for the Board, if they insist on alienating their core support, it is incredibly easy to find alternative ways to spend your Saturday afternoons.

I find it enormously difficult to believe that I've just written that less than a week after the game at Tynecastle!!!

Come on Maxi..........

Seriously big man, just back down on this before it gets any worse... PLEASE.

I'm in no doubt that this idea was hatched without malicious intent - without wanting to make people feel badly-treated or patronised. But it isn't a good idea, and it has been badly communicated.

You don't have to feel bad about backing down either - everyone on this forum will tell you that they make numerous errors of judgement on a daily basis. We're all human.

But digging your heels in on this issue will hurt Partick Thistle, both as a football club (in the proper sense) and as a business. You have a responsibility as manager of the club to ensure that this does not happen.

Jesus, if they were to make a statement where they said, "We didn't expect this kind of reaction from the fans, we're reversing our plan, and we'll make sure to consult the fanbase in future - oh and by the way, we're sorry for how this was all handled, we don't want to piss off our fanbase," this farce could end right here.

Although making positive steps for the fans to build something that goes towards regaining our stadium and a control of the club should definitely go ahead.

@Chris_Jack89

Anyone who boycotts their club over this really needs to have a look at themselves. Laughable indeed.

How many years has he been going to Firhill? Who the f**k is he to tell us how to react?

edit: Considered replying to him on twitter, but decided he's not worth the effort.

Edited by peagreenboy

How many years has he been going to Firhill? Who the f**k is he to tell us how to react?

edit: Considered replying to him on twitter, but decided he's not worth the effort.

His comment is nonsense, I put more value in monopoly money than his opinion.

What a fud.....is he a season ticket holder, does he pay at the gate....who gives a feckin toss what he thinks

Absolutely correct. Getting a tenth rate third party walliper to chuck his diabolical two bob's worth in is the own goal of the decade.

Beattie, get a fckn grip. Have the humility to admit you were wrong, and now; you might just salvage a shred of credibility. Meanwhile, your reputation is decomposing at breakneck speed.

Chris Jack is an absolute joke of a guy who thinks he is in there with football people in this country. He's a bit time player, that doesn't have a clue.

There's more journalism featured on Pie and Bovril than by him - and tbh, I think most of his stuff is from Pie and Bovril.

He tweeted "don't know whats the big deal" after having private chats with our board that apparantly he isn't in the position to speak about. W**k.

• Like 1