Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

1) there is not a chance in hell that we will get 4000 season ticket holders

2) Communication has not been good....understatement of the year

3) they underestimated the reaction from the fans....well knock me down with a feather

Anyway thanks Java....you have won a used, unwashed and signed pair of Maxi's underpants to be collected at the first home game next season, for getting the first response. That's if he remembers to bring your prize!!

Edited by Lindau

1) there is not a chance in hell that we will get 4000 season ticket holders

2) Communication has not been good....understatement of the year

3) they underestimated the reaction from the fans....well knock me down with a feather

Anyway thanks Java....you have won a used and signed pair of Maxi's underpants to be collected at the first home game next season, for getting the first response

1 that's the plan apparently and it's fine to aim high

2 I think it's accepted

3 other points were made by me on this !

I may be being cynical but is it possible this decision is a ploy and will be reversed

and the BOD will then be able to say that, ok you can have the North Stand but you can have no complaints about being moved for the old firm.

Personally I was furious at being moved for Celtic games, for the reason that they cannot behave themselves.

If they cant be trusted dont let them in.

I am certain if old firm fans werent allowed in there would be a significant increase in Jags fans attending.

I may be being cynical but is it possible this decision is a ploy and will be reversed

and the BOD will then be able to say that, ok you can have the North Stand but you can have no complaints about being moved for the old firm.

Personally I was furious at being moved for Celtic games, for the reason that they cannot behave themselves.

If they cant be trusted dont let them in.

I am certain if old firm fans werent allowed in there would be a significant increase in Jags fans attending.

I think when all the logistical issues are laid out there are genuine problems like this one, the Ambassadors , the number of season tickets holders and where, the police etc etc

The solution was not to make a decision and tell the fans but involve them in getting thd best option

Classic incompetence v conspiracy

He actually said to us on Saturday that the target was 5,000 season ticket holders. He thinks we could cope with the administration involved in this.

Yet it's too much hassle for the office staff to organise seating arrangements for 2 Celtic games 6 months apart.

Yeah I can see the logic in that thinking...

He actually said to us on Saturday that the target was 5,000 season ticket holders.

Fantasy island. Our average gate last season with two home games against Celtic was just over 5000 and they hope to get 5000 season ticket holders?? Nurse!!

Edited by Lindau

4000+ season tickets? That's a nice long term dream.

Dundee United are a top six team in a city of only two clubs, with a four-sided, wholly owned stadium which holds over 14,000, and as a fanbase they are able to take 30,000 to a cup final. Their average attendance is only 2500 more than us. Now they sold around 5000 season ticket sales last season.

Incidentally their season tickets actually offer an real discount as opposed to paying at the gate, as well as priority for away tickets and cup tickets, and options to pay in instalments - giving their fans actual incentives at the same time as helping their club.

Thistle don't get anywhere near 4000 fans at any home game - look at how poor the turn out was for a crunch tie against St Mirren - and so much work would have to be done to improve season ticket sales to such a degree that we'd be similar to United.

Having better facilities, a nicer stadium with actual real stands instead of fire-hazards and mounds of earth, long-term stability, better than shite stewards and catering and so on, are as important as attractive football.

But primarily a good atmosphere at home games, which is only generated by the fans, is essential. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you don't anger your fanbase for no good reason. Isn't that like business 101? Should these people be allowed to run a football club? Or a school tuck shop for that matter?

Fantasy island. Our average gate last season with two home games against Celtic was just over 5000 and they hope to get 5000 season ticket holders! Nurse!!

We have 2300 plus under 16s.... I don't criticise them for trying / working to get more .... Not going to happen overnight anyway

He actually said to us on Saturday that the target was 5,000 season ticket holders. He thinks we could cope with the administration involved in this.

Yet it's too much hassle for the office staff to organise seating arrangements for 2 Celtic games 6 months apart.

Yeah I can see the logic in that thinking...

Aye, there's what? 1500 season ticket holders last season, and it took them three weeks to organise a mail-out for a Celtic visit?

Frightening stuff, really.

I wanted to wait until the club had put their statement out before commenting on this issue. Firstly I am not angry about this, the word I would use is dejected. I feel that all the positiveness and anticipation I had after Wednesday evening's result has been drained out of me. Those of you who know me would probably agree that in recent years that I have been extremely supportive of the current Board but I do have to say that this is a complete and utter shambles!

There have been many excellent posts on here which have covered all of the relevant points much better than I could hope to do so all I would add is that this decision must be changed. If it is not I will still purchase my season ticket as I just cannot bring myself to do something that would hurt Archie's chance to build his squad but I would remove myself from my matchday activities as I simply could not bring myself to work with people who would treat fellow fans in such a shabby fashion.

I will be e-mailing Ian Maxwell and David Beattie to make my feelings clear as well.

I'm just off the phone with Maxi too.

He explained to me that since day one he's been out his depth from making the jump from professional footballer to full time office/admin manager in a full time professional football club.

I duly noted this and advised him that this is just another **** up by everyone involved in the running of PTFC. I also reiterated that he has some gall to have complete disregard for the fans and to patronise us in such a pathetic manner seeing as he himself has shown numerous times this season he doesn't a have clue.

We agreed that for the best of PTFC he should resign. And that was that.

• Like 3

I'm just off the blower to God, which was a surprise as I didn't believe in his existence until his big beardy face appeared on my iPhone screen. He said not to worry about the whole North Stand thing as we'll inherit the Earth at some point. He was good enough to apologise for some of the refereeing decisions this season but explained that he needed to even things out after the whole fog stunt. He then drifted off into some obscure point about cheesemakers.

• Like 5

Read the statement on the website today reiterating what Ian mac and PT had said , this kicked off on Saturday and they've probably had dozens of emails, phone calls etc but it looks as though it hasn't made any difference at all as the statement from PTFC was posted today. Surely any customer based business would have to take notice of ill feeling towards their decision but unfortunately not PTFC, the only way they will take any notice if their cash stops flowing in as our petitions etc haven't had the desired effect. Would have liked to think they've went down every avenue to pacify everybody but I doubt it. I personally would have liked them to be more innovative maybe developing the city end as a standing section if we got permission to do this from the appropriate authorities. You've then got a stadium which has now got four sides of supporters. Surely if we're partly owned by a development company it wouldn't be to hard to pull off , of course they wouldn't be able to build their flats etc on this ground or is that just the cynic in me.

I think when all the logistical issues are laid out there are genuine problems like this one, the Ambassadors , the number of season tickets holders and where, the police etc etc

The solution was not to make a decision and tell the fans but involve them in getting thd best option

Classic incompetence v conspiracy

Sorry what's the issue with the ambassadors? They don't want to be near away fans, so we can't move away fans there?