Return Of The Transfer Window Mega Thread.

Dark Passenger

As was Darren Barr according to many of their fans.

You should hear what the Wigan fans say about Mustoe. Mostly they say "who?"

Don't think they do actually, they just lament the fact that he was injured for so long.

And to be fair, the fact that Mustoe didn't make it at Wigan - in the Premier League or near top of Championship - wouldn't concern me as a Thistle fan.

Don't think they do actually, they just lament the fact that he was injured for so long.

And to be fair, the fact that Mustoe didn't make it at Wigan - in the Premier League or near top of Championship - wouldn't concern me as a Thistle fan.

Jury out on him in this thread http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/209207-fao-killie-fans-darren-barr/

As for the Hearts fans rating has as a centre half http://terracepodcast.net/transfers/2013/7/29/darren-barr-to-kilmarnock

Mustoe doesn't seem to have impressed at League 2 clubs on loan. Signed for Carlisle on loan for a year & played in only a quarter of the games. Latterly he spent almost 3 months on loan at Morecambe & didn't play a game!!

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

One semi-derisive post from a Killie fan and one from a Motherwell fan in a thread of 13 posts.

You're trying to hard. Or not trying enough. I'm not actually sure which.

I work down in Ayrshire (I know but it pays the bills) & the majority of boys I work with are Killie fans who say he's not the worst right back but too small & lightweight to play at centre half.

Now that's word of mouth but I'm willing to bet there aren't too many Killie fans disappointed that he's not staying.

I've said it on a couple of occasions but surely we must have had better players than Darren Barr lined up. We'd have been as well keeping Lee Mair if we didn't.

I've said it on a couple of occasions but surely we must have had better players than Darren Barr lined up. We'd have been as well keeping Lee Mair if we didn't.

Barr is younger (by five years), more versatile and arguably as experienced as Mair.

As someone else said, Mair is this year's Steven Craig.

Spoke with a Falkirk fan at work who reckoned that although fairly small for a central defender, his timing in the jump and reading of the game allowed him to compete well in central defence against forwards much taller.

How many years & how many injuries ago? Game also moved on since then.

Barr is younger (by five years), more versatile and arguably as experienced as Mair.

As someone else said, Mair is this year's Steven Craig.

Not really. The current manager spent last Summer chasing Mair, eventually getting in January. He played him every game he was available.

It was obvious last week that he still times his jumping well.

Vs Bryan Prunty?

Actually I was meaning the times their defenders came up for set pieces. If you prefer to believe Barr can't jump that's fine by me.

Don't think I said that.

I can jump but doesn't make me a centre half!!

Ok. I'll put it another way. If someone said to you at the end of May that Darren Barr was going to be our next Centre half you'd have been happy with that?

Ok. I'll put it another way. If someone said to you at the end of May that Darren Barr was going to be our next Centre half you'd have been happy with that?

Reasonably. Ticks quite a few boxes. A step up from Lee Mair in terms of mobility but similar SPL experience and can play a few positions. All dependent of course on his fitness.

My main concern is he's not left sided. Someone with Barr's versatility on the other side would be in my mind preferable

• Like 1

Not really. The current manager spent last Summer chasing Mair, eventually getting in January. He played him every game he was available.

And? He was brought in to do a job, he did it, he was moved on.

I see you've elected to ignore or dodge the points I raised about Barr.

Edited by Dark Passenger

And? He was brought in to do a job, he did it, he was moved on.

I see you've elected to ignore or dodge the points I raised about Barr.

What points?!

Barr is this year's Mair then?

Hardly an ambitious signing if it happens. Not for me. Another example of a lack of scouting system at Firhill.