Return Of The Transfer Window Mega Thread.

Dark Passenger

Now includes Townsend (Dundee United) and Berget (Celtic) loans.

So McNamara won't be getting the money from the Gauld and Robertson deals to spend on replacements? Thank goodness the Spiders had a sell-on clause and are getting around £300k from that miserly lot at Tannadice.

Ross Meechan has signed for Stenny who seem keen on ex-Jags. All of our officially released players from last season have found new clubs.

So McNamara won't be getting the money from the Gauld and Robertson deals to spend on replacements? Thank goodness the Spiders had a sell-on clause and are getting around £300k from that miserly lot at Tannadice.

Ross Meechan has signed for Stenny who seem keen on ex-Jags. All of our officially released players from last season have found new clubs.

Spiders had to take their case to the SFA as Thomson was trying to give them peanuts, ended up having to agree to a sell on clause. That was before the boy was signed. If he'd offered them a decent recompense for Robertson they'd have had much less of a chunk taken out of their fee.

Don't know if Macnamara is getting none of the money ... I'd guess he'll get some. It's a strange one as Hull have signed a promising young left back and given them another promising young left back. I wonder if part of the £3 million was him -- I mean if he was valued at say a million making the 'real' sale £2 mill or less?

Most of whatever it was I reckon is going towards paying off the 'soft loans' which were given by some fans to pay off their bank debt. They could be well on their way to being genuinely debt free.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

George Moncur gone on loan to Colchester till January

I wish George every success this season.

Thought he got a raw deal with us last season. In his cameo v Dross Cunty he did not waste a pass and scored a pearler. Think he was unlucky that Archie wouldn't risk him until we were secure, which was partially understandable.

• Like 1

I wish George every success this season.

Thought he got a raw deal with us last season. In his cameo v Dross Cunty he did not waste a pass and scored a pearler. Think he was unlucky that Archie wouldn't risk him until we were secure, which was partially understandable.

Agree, he looked sharp in warm-ups and impressed me the two short times I saw him (including his appearance against County). Looked like he could have fitted in with our squad quite well.

Best of luck to him.

Agree, he looked sharp in warm-ups and impressed me the two short times I saw him (including his appearance against County). Looked like he could have fitted in with our squad quite well.

Best of luck to him.

I would imagine he will be even sharper this season. Claims he has lost a stone and a half.

Kilmarnock have signed left back Chris Chantler and midfielder Euan Smith.

Another player I've never heard of that will undoubtedly further strengthen Kilmarnock...

Chantler is a 23 year-old left-back who left Carlisle and was previously a Man City trainee under Robero Mancini.

Chris was also one of the players that I suggested could be of interest to us. I was ridiculed for wiki-ing by "La Scimmia Rosa" despite him being on the PFA's transfer list. Now he appear to be Killie's replacement for Jeroen Tesselsar.

I am looking forward to La Scimmia Rosa telling us more about the cracking new left-back that Archie has lined up to replace ATS. He must be miles better than Chantler or Tesselaar.

Edited by kni

Chantler is a 23 year-old left-back who left Carlisle and was previously a Man City trainee under Robero Mancini. He was also one of the players that I suggested could be of interest to us. Now he appear to be Killie's replacement for Jeroen Tesselsar. Archie must have a cracking new left-back lined up.

Alan Johnston must be a fan of wiki.

So we know Chantler is better than what we have how?

Killie certainly have been packing them in lately, but they're trying to replace 20 odd goals, either at one end or the other and I don't see much to be scared of in what they've signed so far. A couple of potentially useful players perhaps. If they'd signed none of these players and retained Boyd, I'd have called them stronger.