Return Of The Transfer Window Mega Thread.

Dark Passenger

I look forward to us signing a new CB, LB or CF & telling us that he has great pedigree because he was a former trainee of Carlisle United...

For all we know the left back that Killie signed was the guy we had our eye on & were hoping to sign today!!

Well, no, because he was a free agent.

Carlisle released him then signed Danny Grainger. I wouldn't be inspired by that.

Carlisle are losing money, looking for new owners/investors and will have a lower playing budget this season after relegation. They have just signed Stephen Elliott, ex Hearts, who was without a club last season.

Chantler has played at a higher level than Matt Parsons who we had on trial at left-back. My point was that there are not many free agent left-backs who we can afford. He was just a possibility, not a recommendation, but now at Killie so we move on and hope for a better signing.

That is Stevie May to Sheffield Wednesday all but confirmed - will see them considerably poorer this year.

Finished 4th- def top 6- year he spent on loan to Hamilton so although poorer they're c£1m richer plus Adam Morgan could be a good signing for them. Wouldn't have been disappointed if he'd ended up at Firhill.

Finished 4th- def top 6- year he spent on loan to Hamilton so although poorer they're c£1m richer plus Adam Morgan could be a good signing for them. Wouldn't have been disappointed if he'd ended up at Firhill.

It seems people are prepared to spin anything in an effort to discredit our club.

St Johnstone let a number of players leave, sold their top man and have brought in one player - a completely unknown quantity.

Their fans are angry, jaded and have zero faith in the May cash being spent on improvements to their squad. And yet we have supporters talking them up?

It seems people are prepared to spin anything in an effort to discredit our club.

St Johnstone let a number of players leave, sold their top man and have brought in one player - a completely unknown quantity.

Their fans are angry, jaded and have zero faith in the May cash being spent on improvements to their squad. And yet we have supporters talking them up?

I would be very surprised if they aren't comfortably top 6 again this season.

Brown has probably decided they are unlikely to do much better than last year, particularly with continual pretty poor crowds, and so is happy to keep them competitive without pushing the boat.

Must be awful to be a St Johnstone fan at present with those Scottish Cup winning, two years in Europe with some good results and consistently a top league team.

Must be awful to be a St Johnstone fan at present with those Scottish Cup winning, two years in Europe with some good results and consistently a top league team.

They're living in the present, the glow of last season has significantly diminished.

It's been a long slog for them. It's required patience. Something that's severely lacking in quarters closer to home.

• Like 1

They did post a significant loss in their accounts. Likely be down to lower uptake on their corporate income, which is their major income stream. Altho' I think it's fair to say they are a well run club they might spend some of the May money but could be dependent on how much corporate business is coming in.

They're living in the present, the glow of last season has significantly diminished.

It's been a long slog for them. It's required patience. Something that's severely lacking in quarters closer to home.

And the present being relative success in Europe, having one of the most competitive squads in the league and selling one of their home grown players for a large sum of money which goes towards securing long term future for their club.

It their fans are angry at their current state of affairs then I say they are a much more deluded set of fans than ours.

Don't think I've spun anything.

Stated a fact, said they'd be poorer without him & said Morgan is a player I wouldn't have been disappointed to see at Firhill.

It seems some people are getting a little touchy now.

Tell me something though, if, & is a big IF, we end up with an unknown youngster on loan & a journeyman CH as our signings come 1st Sept, would you be critical of the club's dealings this Summer?

Tell me something though, if, & is a big IF, we end up with an unknown youngster on loan & a journeyman CH as our signings come 1st Sept, would you be critical of the club's dealings this Summer?

I will - we need a minimum of 5 players in before the end of the window.

If we do get them in will you wear a pair of damp underpants to Firhill? :D