Danny Seaborne

Mediocre Pundit

My only worry is if we become independent will we need work permits for all these English players?

No problem, they can declare themselves Scottish as they are living and working up here. Just imagine the signing on speech ... I've always want to be a Scot, that why I decided to sign for the Jags with their earl of rosebery tops and thistle badge.

I spoke to a Southampton ST holder. He liked him. Said he was solid. He felt he was unlucky because as they rose through the leagues, they signed a better quality of player and he got moved aside.

Also on twitter a Conventry Fan described him as "solid" and felt he will do a good job. To be honest, solid does me. Younger than Mair, hopefully a tad more mobile/less injury prone too.

I spoke to a Southampton ST holder. He liked him. Said he was solid. He felt he was unlucky because as they rose through the leagues, they signed a better quality of player and he got moved aside.

Also on twitter a Conventry Fan described him as "solid" and felt he will do a good job. To be honest, solid does me. Younger than Mair, hopefully a tad more mobile/less injury prone too.

Found this of some interest

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/dan-seaborne-signs-scottish-premiership-7594196?

going thru a link I see Coventry have signed a guy called Reda Johnson who has considerable championship experience with Sheffield Wed & Plymouth. those who fear that Pressley sees Bryan McLean as a suitable replacement for Seaborne can rest easier.

I wonder what the reports on some of John Lambie's signings would have said if we had the power of social media and internet forums back in the early to mid nineties. This may be a perfect opportunity for the player to settle at a club for a while and do well.

Rather than listen to others, I plan on seeing him for myself a few times before I judge his ability. People must remember, not all football fans know what they are talking about.

• Like 3

Rather than listen to others, I plan on seeing him for myself a few times before I judge his ability. People must remember, not all football fans know what they are talking about.

Spot on. He sounds like eh can do a job for us and I hope that's the case but we won't know for sure until we see him play a few games.

I wonder what the reports on some of John Lambie's signings would have said if we had the power of social media and internet forums back in the early to mid nineties. This may be a perfect opportunity for the player to settle at a club for a while and do well.

Agree

What would social media made of Billy Paxton, Willie Cairns and Alan Carson to name but several.

Looks like a decent signing. The Mirror article just makes him sound like a proper footballer.

He'll no get away with the 5k a week chat up here though. But he won't need to, as a couple of hundred a week will sound impressive enough. If he does the business for the Jags, I'm sure he'll have all the female attention he needs. Much better than those south coast slappers I'd wager :shakeshout: