Sportscene

skipper

Johnathan Sutherland to Stevo re kris Doolan:

"You're trying to cut his grass at the moment."

Stevo:

"Pretty much, I'm trying to tackle him every day in training, so that I'm starting every Saturday."

So, let's hope that puts to bed the where should Stevo play, did Archie buy him as an attacking midfielder, endless and tiresome debate.

I was blaming Carroll for their goal yesterday. While he's still obviously blameworthy you wouldn't usually expect to be punished as harshly. Much as I'm far from convinced about him I'm not overly concerned if his loan spell is extended. Good enough cover for McMillan while we continue the hunt for what isn't an easy position to fill.

Did I mishear Oor Stevo talking about "running the goblet?

they are similar in his defence , easy to get them mixed up if he did.

goblet ..... a drinking glass with a foot and a stem

goglet ..... a long-necked water-cooling vessel of porous earthenware, used especially in india

wonder how many of either he has in his locker?

• Like 1

Jonathan Sutherland's a patronizing wee ****.

Thought the whole piece on Thistle was patronising, basically with constant note that we're only showing this because we've been forced to, and quick to describe our games as the "Turkey" not worth talking about.

• Like 1

Thought the whole piece on Thistle was patronising, basically with constant note that we're only showing this because we've been forced to, and quick to describe our games as the "Turkey" not worth talking about.

You can't really win with the BBC. Complain about not getting mentioned and when they do get round to it, it's patronising pish. In fairness you have to mind that this is the company that employs Chic Young so it's not the greatest surprise.

Prefer a large chicken, slow cooked anyway.

i thought it was "running the goglet", which if correct, is possibly even more bizarre.

Makes more sense to me now. The Goglet is in fact well known public house in Tarbolton, popular with Ayr United players. Kinda like a good mate from yesteryear, the late Eddie McCool, who was once falsely accused of "running the doublet", when everyone that was anybody knew he was the manager of the Blythswood Cottage.

Those in attendance on Saturday appeared to broadly agree that the games was crap. What's the problem with the BBC labeling it so?

Don't know if you saw it. But the whole piece was pretty terrible. And there are plenty of crap games in the premier league, but it's not usually Sportscene's policy to dismiss it in this way. If after every dodgy game they just said, "well that was rubbish, we'll not bother talking about it", they wouldn't have much left.

Edited by allyo

Watching the other highlights, the Dundee vs Inverness game as well as the St Mirren vs St Johnstone matches looked typically rank too, but they were talked up.

A large amount of blame for the quality of our match can be put directly onto Kilmarnock, who clearly were not interested in playing football, only stifling the hell out of the game so they didn't lose another game on the bounce.

Plus the weather was atrocious, and some of our quality players are directly affected by injury right now.

But, all the BBC would do, is advertise the match as a turkey from the beginning of the programme and talk us down as much as possible.

To conclude: F**k the BBC, and I am very happy not to be giving them a license fee.

Do people actually believe that the BBC is deliberately snubbing/slighting us?

I don't know the reason, but they've definitely shown less interest. My feeling is that Archie's lack of media profile is an issue. Most other teams have managers or key players with old firm connections. Many also have fans in the BBC team. We don't really have these links, and I think they just can't be bothered finding out about us.

We're no longer the new boys like Hamilton or Dundee. We aren't the Old Firm, or have a big following like Hearts Hibs Dundee United Aberdeen. We haven't been in the league long, haven't won anything like St Johnstone, haven't featured in Europe like Motherwell.

So on this basis, Ross County are the only other team in the league we are comparable with in terms of media caring (and I don't think we're discussed less than them apart from tonight with Dods on the show) - I think this is the stark reality of us at the moment. We are a club on the rise and it will take a few more seasons, some higher crowds, some bigger named players or talents that get recognized, before we start getting more time. Agreed about Archie not really generating much to talk about, all other managers create some controversy and are quite outspoken and these are the things that are talked about.

Sportscene is just a joke in general compared to motd. Wonder if both shows get proportionate funding compared to country sizes? Can't see it.

Mixu's analysis of the game was amazing.

He clearly had an in depth knowledge of both teams and their respective recent form.

This programme is without doubt the most professional, compelling and entertaining, in an unmissable way, piece of sports broadcasting around.

Jonathan totally got the job on merit because no one else even comes close. You really feel his passion for the game. Give him a pay rise before he goes to Sky or MOTD