Sportscene

skipper

Last night was a shocker. If that had been Sellik, Dundee Und, Aberdeen going there and humping them 4-0 they would have been gushing over them. They spent more time talking about the offside goal and offside rule rather than praise, what in effect was a magnificent jags performance. No surprise also that they spent more time discussing Scotlands newest club latest crisis. Great praise though to Hughes. How many managers would have said what he said in his interview. Have never been a great fan, especially after a game at Brockville where he tried to wring Johnny Buckleys neck after he won a penalty against him. He went up in my estimation last night!

Edited by Lindau

Mixu's analysis of the game was amazing.

He clearly had an in depth knowledge of both teams and their respective recent form.

This programme is without doubt the most professional, compelling and entertaining, in an unmissable way, piece of sports broadcasting around.

Jonathan totally got the job on merit because no one else even comes close. You really feel his passion for the game. Give him a pay rise before he goes to Sky or MOTD

Is this a heavy dose of sarcasm?

Mixu was good but the usual dross, like Dodds that they have on would have trouble picking their nose.

The highlghts are less than 1 minute long, they fawn over Celtic and Rangers and the don't give credit to any teams not on their favourites list.

It's pish mate.

Does anyone really care? I'd much rather Archie kept a low profile and we quietly went about our business moving up the league. When we make top 6/win a trophy Sportscene will probably give a shit, until then it's their loss.

That's it in a nutshell. Who cares? Know next to nothing about popular TV but doubt I'm far off the mark in saying Sportscene is very much in the minority appeal category. Giving a more equitable spread of coverage to satisfy a minority in what's already a minority appeal programme is unlikely to be high on the relevant controller's must do list.

Every now and again BBC Alba goes the other way, either showing a delayed complete 90 mins of a game or a full hour highlights(?). Usually pretty turgid stuff. Hard enough sometimes watching it even when it's your own team involved never mind two others.

Mixu's analysis of the game was amazing.

He clearly had an in depth knowledge of both teams and their respective recent form.

This programme is without doubt the most professional, compelling and entertaining, in an unmissable way, piece of sports broadcasting around.

Jonathan totally got the job on merit because no one else even comes close. You really feel his passion for the game. Give him a pay rise before he goes to Sky or MOTD

Spot on you tell it like it is, although in fairness, I believe Stevo would have little trouble filling Jonathan's shoes.

Every comment on here could equally apply to the sister radio production of Sportsound, another expensively produced, albeit our money, load of sadly predictable fawning over favourites and ignoring the dismissed diddy teams. There doesnt seem to be any middle ground, if you want to hear all about the sectarian clubs, or Saintees or The Well or Suntmurn or United, or the Dandy Dons or The Jam Turds, then this is radio for you. Any other club? Forget it, the odd patronising snippet and a run through of your line up..........wait there is some breaking news from Ibrox.........must go!

Every comment on here could equally apply to the sister radio production of Sportsound, another expensively produced, albeit our money, load of sadly predictable fawning over favourites and ignoring the dismissed diddy teams. There doesnt seem to be any middle ground, if you want to hear all about the sectarian clubs, or Saintees or The Well or Suntmurn or United, or the Dandy Dons or The Jam Turds, then this is radio for you. Any other club? Forget it, the odd patronising snippet and a run through of your line up..........wait there is some breaking news from Ibrox.........must go!

Generally speaking I find Sportsound fine. Richard Gordon, Tom English, Billy Dodds, Derek Ferguson etc all come across well on radio- I don't even have a problem with Chic Young, at least he knows about football in the way any fan does.

Jonathan Sutherland demonstrates zero knowledge or passion for the game- he's a robot

Yes it's coverage is Old-Firm-centric. So is every media outlet in the country.

My problem with Sportscene is situations like last week. It's not unreasonable to assume that there's a few armchair fans out there who haven't made it along to Firhill much this season. Hearing our game described as a turkey and constantly being talked down isn't going to do much to get these people back to the games. Barry Hearn was spot on, we have a terrible tendency to talk down the game here. Half the games in the English Premiership are just as dull to watch but Sky and the Premier League have done one of the greatest marketing jobs in history (second only to whoever convinced people that they needed to eat popcorn in the cinema).

It's not unusual to not here the "scores" of the games even after half an hour!

It's a load of purile crap, who ever produces that show wants shooting.

Just watched this weeks shortscene. (typo left uncorrected intentionally)

I have to agree that Mixu's analysis was detailed and thorough. It beggars belief that they appear to be proud of the job they are doing on that show.

"All credit to thistle, they play good football. Yogi's teams are always hard to play against. All credit to Thistle." "Aye all credit to thistle, so this offside rule is a bit shit intit Billy?"

Seriously, I could watch that second Stevenson a hundred times. The easy he shaped up to hit it left and opened himself up at the last moment to side foot it right was fantastic and definitely not easy. I thought that would merit some discussion as I genuinely believe it was a great goal. If Scott Brown or John Guidetti scored it they'd be having wet dreams.

I also can't understand how a guy on the edge of the centre of the six yard box wasn't interfering with play.