Best And Worst Jags Players This Season

Grimlock

Having yet to attend Firhill this season (bit of a nomad) my interest has been limited to TV and media reports. Obviously 3 seconds of highlights at the tail end of Sportscene gives little indication of our quality of lackthereof so the question lies:-

Who are Thistle's best and worst players so far this season?

We actually seem to lack a Mark Kerr/John Baird this season to tag 'worst player' on. There have been those who have had game time but not quite hit form, those who haven't had quite enough game time to earn the label of 'worst'.

Sure there will be a few up for the 'best player' tag. For me, Osman would get the nod just ahead of McMillan so far.

• Like 1

best players have been Seaborne, McMillan,Osman.Lawless,Fraser. I've only seen Frans once so far but he looks like a good player.

Don't like to pick out the worst players but I've been a bit disappointed with Stevo up until Saturday. If we are to rise up the league then I don't think Craigen ,Balatoni or Muirhead are good enough.

Grimlock, you just need to read the "just in" threads to get a clear picture of who the worst performing players are deemed to be. But you would have to ignore the posts from agenda driven clowns who only appear to be chuffed when they've something to moan about. You'd soon find out who I mean.

I suppose if the season was to finish just now my player of the year would be Abdul. Sheer consistency and I think an always present at that. Playing in not his favoured side there has to be a special mention for McMillan. Altho' the hunt continues for a replacement for ATS I wouldn't be over concerned if we stick with what we've got (Jordan, Keenan &, if he stays, Carroll). Certainly less concerned now re left back than I was before a ball was kicked.

There's two or three that I feel could perform better but I'll leave that side of your question to the scapegoat hunters, tho' they can't usually distinguish between under performing and playing poorly.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Having yet to attend Firhill this season (bit of a nomad) my interest has been limited to TV and media reports. Obviously 3 seconds of highlights at the tail end of Sportscene gives little indication of our quality of lackthereof so the question lies:-

Who are Thistle's best and worst players so far this season?

Edited by Third Lanark

That's pretty harsh TL. If he finds it hard to get to games there's no need to have a go, and I'm sure he can plan his Christmas holidays without your help.

I certainly wasn't having a go because he can't make it to games especially when there's large distances to travel but rather making the point of supporting the team instead of looking for scapegoats. I've never had a go at anyone not able to make games so don't know where your coming out with that from? Edited by Third Lanark

I certainly wasn't having a go because he can't make it to games especially when there's large distances to travel but rather making the point of supporting the team instead of looking for scapegoats. I've never had a go at anyone not able to make games so don't know where your coming out with that from?

Probably the post where you just did in this thread!

• Like 1

Best player is Osman for me, closely followed by Higgy, Fraser and Seaborne. The Hamilton game was also the first time I properly noticed Jake Carroll take part in a game, perhaps he's starting to find his confidence now. It's also amazing seeing big Frans and Seaborne in defence, I think they'll only get better with more games played together.

• Like 2

I certainly wasn't having a go because he can't make it to games especially when there's large distances to travel but rather making the point of supporting the team instead of looking for scapegoats. I've never had a go at anyone not able to make games so don't know where your coming out with that from?

I don't believe Grimlock's looking for scapegoats. Nevertheless once the usual suspects recover from Saturday's unfortunate win he sure as hell will be told.

Lawless & O'Donnell have been our two most exciting and incisive players - Lawless does get muscled off the ball and O'Donnell invariably does something daft but they have been top for entertainment value.

Fraser was superb against Ross County, the outstanding individual performance I've seen - hoping for good things when he recovers full fitness. Higgy & Bannigan are very good players but not quite at their best so far.

Osman & Seabourne have been effective - we have stopped losing easy goals form set pieces. Frans loooks like he might be a player.

Stevenson has been very poor and not worth a starting place - but showed some form in his last 2 appearances.

Ecclestone is filling the George Moncur enigma role...will we ever find out if he is any good?

TL, not sure if it was intended but it does read as though you were having a go. I don't think he was looking for scapegoats, more just thoughts on how players are doing individually, positive and negative.

Apologies for any offence I caused and especially to Grimlock didnt mean to to upset a fellow Jags fan.

I should have reread what I had written

Edited by Third Lanark

Apologies for any offence I caused and especially to Grimlock didnt mean to to upset a fellow Jags fan.

I should have reread what I had written

Think some people are trying to make a "scapegoat" of you on this thread Third Lanark, I apologise if anyone finds this offensive :P

Think some people are trying to make a "scapegoat" of you on this thread Third Lanark, I apologise if anyone finds this offensive :P

to be fair they have a point rereading it was poorly worded and reads pretty crass and could be seen as being rude to grimlock which I didn't mean to be. Best that I delete the post as it deflects from the original topic

One player not mentioned I think is Christie Elliot. Few I think thought he would be more than emergency back up this season but he has managed to get a good deal of game time and is almost becoming a regular starter (though it's moot whether that will hold when Higgy, Fraser, Lawless and Stevenson could all be fighting for a position in the attacking midfield).

Not our greatest player but does a great job tracking back (and tackling) and is capable of going on good runs with the ball - and has even scored a couple of goals recently. A limited player who has shown great attitude and worked to improve himself into a valuable member of the squad.

• Like 2

Ecclestone is filling the George Moncur enigma role...will we ever find out if he is any good?

George Moncur, sadly, did not get the chance to prove himself at Firhill. Colchester recently paid West Ham an undisclosed fee to sign him permanently after 20 loan appearances.

The Accies match preview said that Nathan Eccleston is injured. He is, however, clearly the 3rd choice striker behind Doolan and Stevenson and has struggled to get a place on the bench.

Totally agree with this , Christie Elliot works extremely hard and is deserving of his starting place , him and Stephen O'Donnell look to developing a good understanding together, I noticed on Saturday on a couple of occasions when O'Donnell broke away quickly and we could have been left exposed , Elliot moving in to cover

Totally agree with this , Christie Elliot works extremely hard and is deserving of his starting place , him and Stephen O'Donnell look to developing a good understanding together, I noticed on Saturday on a couple of occasions when O'Donnell broke away quickly and we could have been left exposed , Elliot moving in to cover

We pretty much played a back 5 on Saturday.