McMillan

Mediocre Pundit

Ian. Take it out of football and into any other workplace.

If a member of staff does something that ends in suspension, is their supervisor or manager to blame for their choices? Of course not. It's ridiculous to suggest that is the case.

If a colleague at work is suspended or worse, sacked, for an indiscretion, then it's usually big news for a bit , a bit of gossip. It doesn't generally materially affect how people do their jobs in my experience. I say that as someone who has sacked people in the past and worked in areas where people have been sacked.The key is to deal with the situation, swiftly, fairly and consistently. Again , from my limited vantage point, the club seem to have covered that pretty well.

Where i do agree is that it gives us and has given us, a real problem on the park. That problem is one of selection. Not of the players being distracted because it's weighing on their minds.

I'm not sure why you've chosen to respond to my post in the manner that you have, it might just be best if we ignore one another. Bigger issues at play on this thread.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Worth noting that he has only been suspended not sacked and nothing has been proven.

Neither is he Ched Evans.

Sad to see we have one or two ghouls who seem to be revelling in this. It's a pity that the same individuals dont put the same effort into backing the team.

If McMillan is innocent of any wrongdoing (whatever that means) I hope the same individuals are prepared to support him.

Dont the ins and outs and theres an investigation going on to see if anything wrong was done so how about we all support the team in a very tricky game coming up against Ross County

Edited by Third Lanark

I know allegedly what it is, I knew before the club publicized it but even then I think it would be very unfair on the bloke for me to begin posting gossip on a public forum. I wouldn't like it if people started airing my dirty laundry on facebook or whatever. Got to treat people as you wish to people treated don't ye?

Edited by Hankey

Follow Follow will probably take a few days whilst I sorry someone moderates you as a new joiner :)

Always worth a gander that site has good stories on it and normally well before the press get wind too

Rangers Media is one to stay well clear of. being full of complete nutjobs.

Seen the thread on FF though.

Actually, no. I really am nosey and I'd just like to know what's happened!

I don't even know the story behind McCall so you'll be getting no gossip from me sadly!

Again if anyone is kind enough to share the info via DM I'd be grateful. Not desperate enough to know to create a log on for a rangers forum right enough.

Ian. Take it out of football and into any other workplace.

If a member of staff does something that ends in suspension, is their supervisor or manager to blame for their choices? Of course not. It's ridiculous to suggest that is the case.

If a colleague at work is suspended or worse, sacked, for an indiscretion, then it's usually big news for a bit , a bit of gossip. It doesn't generally materially affect how people do their jobs in my experience. I say that as someone who has sacked people in the past and worked in areas where people have been sacked.The key is to deal with the situation, swiftly, fairly and consistently. Again , from my limited vantage point, the club seem to have covered that pretty well.

Where i do agree is that it gives us and has given us, a real problem on the park. That problem is one of selection. Not of the players being distracted because it's weighing on their minds.

I'm not sure why you've chosen to respond to my post in the manner that you have, it might just be best if we ignore one another. Bigger issues at play on this thread.

Colin, I didn't for one minute suggest that Archie was responsible for anyone else's choices. I think you know that, and am unsure why you chose to suggest this.

My point was about how Archie deals with the situation now that it has arisen, as that is very much his responsibility. Does he just say nothing, sack JM and carry on business as usual? Or does he get all the players together, remind them what is acceptable behaviour and invite anyone to air their opinions? My preference would be the latter, but it's up to Archie as the manager at the end of the day. You seem to be suggesting something along the lines of the first option, which I think would be a mistake. In any workplace, everyone has to be able to communicate with each other. The longer things boil under the surface the worse the blow up will be in the end.