McMillan

Mediocre Pundit

Given that the club has taken the unprecedented step of suspending a player pending investigation, it's not going to be helpful to anyone to post rumours. It'll will all be sorted out reasonably quickly from here i think.

On the subject of this being a test of Archie's management or his abilities to manage discipline, it's got nothing to do with football and therefore has little to do with Archie imo.

It's the club who are managing the situation. If anything it's a test of Maxiel and the Board of Directors. From my limited knowledge, they seem to have played a fairly straight and effective hand up until now.

The idea that this is weighing heavily on the players minds, or has done so at any point, is fanciful.

I'm more concerned that it gives us a problem wth the two full back positions now. JM was versatile and covered both positions.

Your use of 'was versatile' tells us all that JM is toast.

Ian. You seem to be struggling with how this works. It's no longer a football issue. It's an issue of alleged conduct, contracts and employment law.

I doubt very much Archie has much experience in that area. Nor would i expect him to. He won't be responsible for sacking anyone.

The football club board will need to take advice on a number of fronts. Fortunately we have that expertise available on the BOD. Unfortunatley, the issue may be out of the club's hands if some sort of illegal activity has taken place.(i'm n ot suggesting it has). It's further complicated because of the famly club culture Thistle has fostered over the last number of years.

I don't know the detail of what has happened, therefore it's pretty difficult to say what should happen next. I trust the club to deal with it appropriately. That's certainly been the case up to now, as far as i can see.

Archie's job is clear. He needs to keep the players focussed and playing as a unit. Something that was clearly achieved on Sunday and in the previous match.

Therefore, i don't think it's a test of his managerial ability. His next challenge is finding a replacement because there's not a chance of McMillan playing again this season if the rumour is true. We've gone from needing cover for left back, to now needing an experienced left back and cover for right back.

Ian. You seem to be struggling with how this works. It's no longer a football issue. It's an issue of alleged conduct, contracts and employment law. I doubt very much Archie has much experience in that area. Nor would i expect him to. He won't be responsible for sacking anyone. The football club board will need to take advice on a number of fronts. Fortunately we have that expertise available on the BOD. Unfortunatley, the issue may be out of the club's hands if some sort of illegal activity has taken place.(i'm n ot suggesting it has). It's further complicated because of the famly club culture Thistle has fostered over the last number of years. I don't know the detail of what has happened, therefore it's pretty difficult to say what should happen next. I trust the club to deal with it appropriately. That's certainly been the case up to now, as far as i can see. Archie's job is clear. He needs to keep the players focussed and playing as a unit. Something that was clearly achieved on Sunday and in the previous match. Therefore, i don't think it's a test of his managerial ability. His next challenge is finding a replacement because there's not a chance of McMillan playing again this season if the rumour is true. We've gone from needing cover for left back, to now needing an experienced left back and cover for right back.

'It's pretty difficult what should happen next' alongside your final statement doesn't match up, Colin.

So, the answers to the following questions will not compromise anyone, and especially not this valuable forum:

1) Is JM physically fit to play football right now?

2) Is JM under suspicion of having broken the law?

3) Is it solely a question of club discipline having been transgressed?

The answers to the these questions would at least provide a degree of clarification without compromising anyone's interest or legal status.

If JM has been suspended on full pay, does that imply that he is no longer part of the playing staff and would that therefore create a wage to replace him with ? I guess it comes down to which pot his pay is coming from.

I doubt there's a "suspended staff" wages pot. If he gets sacked then obviously his wage becomes available but to sack someone you need a solid case against them or face being sued. Without knowing the details, wouldn't be surprised if he faced a McCoist situation until his contract expires in the summer, unless we have a solid case against him or he agrees to a termination.

What I don't really understand is why he has been unavailable for 3/4 weeks and then the club wait until now to suspend him to carry out a full investigation.

I am not really sure what the allegation is so it might be clearer if I had an idea what it is. If someone could PM me that would be great. Thanks.

Perhaps a paper is going to publish a story soon, so we've covered that.

The statement on the official website doesn't say when he was suspended. Perhaps it was never intended to get out but appears to have been leaked a few days ago now so club had to respond. He's probably been suspended a good few weeks already.

Also good to see my football related comment was removed. If anyone pm's me I'm happy to reply.

Think the club is in a really difficult position , trying to push ourselves forward as a family club ( under 16s getting in free etc ) then obviously if the rumours are true about Jordan Mcmillan's lifestyle issues he'll probably not play for us again , but if there is a problem should we be trying to help the player ? Whatever happens Jordan Mcmillan will be a big miss to our team .

Sorry read n yell if you are upset with the removal of that post, however to me it appears to be a pun on the problem and wasn't the first to do so. Not a problem with the pun, but at the hint why McMillan is suspended. If completely unintended then I apologise, but judging by the response I deleted, I wasn't the only one to think so.

JORDAN McMILLAN’S dad has vowed his son will fight his shock suspension from Partick Thistle.

The Jags defender has been told to stay away from Firhill after the club launched an internal probe.

McMillan, 26, hasn’t played for Thistle since December 13 and mystery surrounds the ban.

Join Sun+ now to read the full story

Saw a headline from The Sun online:

JORDAN McMILLAN’S dad has vowed his son will fight his shock suspension from Partick Thistle.

The Jags defender has been told to stay away from Firhill after the club launched an internal probe.

Probably absolute garbage due to who's reporting it, but it'd be interesting if he actually did.

ETA: See The Cup has beaten me to it!

Edited by GinolasBald

Think, given all the hints on here and on other sites that it's clear what the problem is. If it is what I think, I would hope the club would try to help the player get over his problems. He is too good a player to lose, but only if he can get himself sorted out

Sorry read n yell if you are upset with the removal of that post, however to me it appears to be a pun on the problem and wasn't the first to do so. Not a problem with the pun, but at the hint why McMillan is suspended. If completely unintended then I apologise, but judging by the response I deleted, I wasn't the only one to think so.

I was a bit facetious with my response - said tongue-firmly-in-cheek. Two actually, anyway, just hope its resolved soon.

Edited by read'n'yell

Jings, you take a couple of weeks off from this forum and you completely lose touch with all the juicy gossip. :(

I am sorry to hear that McMillan has been up to no good, if only from a football point of view (we missed him big time against Motherwell and Dundee Utd).

Can someone please bring me up to speed* about what he has allegedly done wrong?

*No pun intended.

Ian. You seem to be struggling with how this works. It's no longer a football issue. It's an issue of alleged conduct, contracts and employment law.

I doubt very much Archie has much experience in that area. Nor would i expect him to. He won't be responsible for sacking anyone.

The football club board will need to take advice on a number of fronts. Fortunately we have that expertise available on the BOD. Unfortunatley, the issue may be out of the club's hands if some sort of illegal activity has taken place.(i'm n ot suggesting it has). It's further complicated because of the famly club culture Thistle has fostered over the last number of years.

I don't know the detail of what has happened, therefore it's pretty difficult to say what should happen next. I trust the club to deal with it appropriately. That's certainly been the case up to now, as far as i can see.

Archie's job is clear. He needs to keep the players focussed and playing as a unit. Something that was clearly achieved on Sunday and in the previous match.

Therefore, i don't think it's a test of his managerial ability. His next challenge is finding a replacement because there's not a chance of McMillan playing again this season if the rumour is true. We've gone from needing cover for left back, to now needing an experienced left back and cover for right back.

Thanks for yet another condescending and patronising response Colin.

To say that this is purely a contractual and employment issue may be true in any other work place, as you seem intent on comparing this situation to.

Quite why you are doing this I'm not sure - you've been around long enough to know that football is not like any other work place. Players get away with certain things based on their ability and their value to the team. We see examples of this throughout the game from Suarez at the very top to Paul Paton at this level.

You really think the board will just start the ball rolling and get him out the door without consulting Archie?

He's been a good player for us, and has been one of our most consistent performers. I don't see any reason why Archie wouldn't want to give him another chance.

• Like 2

Thanks for yet another condescending and patronising response Colin.

To say that this is purely a contractual and employment issue may be true in any other work place, as you seem intent on comparing this situation to.

Quite why you are doing this I'm not sure - you've been around long enough to know that football is not like any other work place. Players get away with certain things based on their ability and their value to the team. We see examples of this throughout the game from Suarez at the very top to Paul Paton at this level.

You really think the board will just start the ball rolling and get him out the door without consulting Archie?

He's been a good player for us, and has been one of our most consistent performers. I don't see any reason why Archie wouldn't want to give him another chance.

Good argument to sign 25 goals a season ched Evans ....