McMillan

Mediocre Pundit

Good argument to sign 25 goals a season ched Evans ....

Completely different. If we are to retain the services of McMillan I very much doubt that there will be anywhere near as much of an outcry as there would be if we signed Ched Evans.

Evans is undoubtedly a decent player but any club who signs him is in severe danger on a number of fronts, not least the prospect of sponsors pulling out and fans refusing to spend any more money at the club.

If, for example, macb were threatening to withdraw their sponsorship over McMillan then that's another matter entirely.

I think chaps you will find a number of Sheffield Utd fans who said .... He was a good player for us who deserves a second chance

The principle here hypothetically is whether a player for a football club who has taken a Class A drug should be retained or not ..., if you decide it's not an absolute principle then murky waters lie ahead

I think the Jags need to sign a couple of players so we can move on from this topic. Through all of the gossip it seems the player needs help from professionals, the club and the supporters.

Sign somebody soon please.

good point or even a couple of contract extensions for guys out of contract in May would be good news eg Paul gallacher, lawless, mcdaid, higgy etc etc

Thanks for yet another condescending and patronising response Colin.

To say that this is purely a contractual and employment issue may be true in any other work place, as you seem intent on comparing this situation to.

Quite why you are doing this I'm not sure - you've been around long enough to know that football is not like any other work place. Players get away with certain things based on their ability and their value to the team. We see examples of this throughout the game from Suarez at the very top to Paul Paton at this level.

You really think the board will just start the ball rolling and get him out the door without consulting Archie?

He's been a good player for us, and has been one of our most consistent performers. I don't see any reason why Archie wouldn't want to give him another chance.

well said. If there has been any wrongdoing and we don't know that yet and the guy has a problem the first step should by the club to perhaps offer help on how to deal with it eg counselling or something

In many workplaces if someone has alcoholism the employer has a duty of care to help them with it.

I have no idea exactly what has happened but I'd be surprised if its as serious as alleged incidents from Paul Paton, Louis Suarez or chef Evans

• Like 1

Ian. Do you seriously believe Archie is conducting the investigation and taking advice on where we sit contractually? Not a chance. These situations are escalated to the next level. Ultimately the chairman/BoD will probably be the last point of appeal.

Football might be different in many respects but when a situation like this arises, clearly the MD and the board will have more of a say than the coaching staff. It's gone beyond football and there will be processes in place, possibly even laid down by the SPFL.

How can anyone say the player deserves another chance and the club should stand by him, when we don't know the exact nature of the offence? Is it a one off? Is it habitual? Did he volunteer the problem or was he keeping it quiet? All of these have a bearing on the situation. To then go on and say that he deserves another chance but not if MacB withdraw sponsorship is just not credible IMO

If it's a situation where the player had held his hands up and asked for help, then we should try and help. However, that's not the rumour is it? It's actually the polar opposite of that.

The club has a good reputation. It's increasing it's focus on families. It's doing a good job. We have a four star youth academy brimming with impressionable young kids, sponsored externally. That can't be sacrificed for any player or any employee. Nor can the club chose it's response based on whether someone is a half decent full back.

If the rumour is true-I have no idea if it is or not-then we can't have players with that lifestyle at the club. It's corrosive. It breeds mistrust. It leaves the player and the club open to all sorts of outside negative, potentially criminal influences.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 1

I don't know if the truth will ever come out on this one. It's not really in the club's interests to confirm, so unless he admits it, it's legally too dodgy for a paper to run the claims.

I was the lucky journalist that got to speak to Jordo's dad. He says there's no truth in the main rumour that's going round. Make of that what you will.

Ideally McMillan will still be a Thistle player and return to left back in a few weeks. All depends on how bad the truth is though...

• Like 1

Except it's about sin and casting first stones . Is it?

Not in my case. I hope that the matter can be resolved fairly and sensibly as soon as possible.

Our squad is a bit thin at the moment and we need all our fit players to be available for selection.

I don't know what Macmillan's been up to and by and large it only concerns me that whatever he's been up to is depriving us of an experienced left back. I would say, however, that the club is unlucky with the timing of this situation since any 'Footballer does bad things' story is going to be good column inches at the moment....

Club said the suggestion I put to them wasn't the case. So I don't know if that's down to details being slightly wrong, or it being a completely different issue.

I don't think Jordan told his dad about the suspension until just before statement went out, so I caught him cold on it. Hard to know the truth really but he'll obviously have his son's back.

In summary, I don't know what McMillan has done.

Edited by The Arch
  • Like 1

I don't know if the truth will ever come out on this one. It's not really in the club's interests to confirm, so unless he admits it, it's legally too dodgy for a paper to run the claims.

I was the lucky journalist that got to speak to Jordo's dad. He says there's no truth in the main rumour that's going round. Make of that what you will.

Ideally McMillan will still be a Thistle player and return to left back in a few weeks. All depends on how bad the truth is though...

Shameful behaviour. I'm absolutely shocked and disgusted that anyone associated with the Jags could be involved in such a vile and scandalous activity as ... working for The Sun

• Like 6

Unfortunately the club must be fairly certain to take such a drastic course of action, if Jordan Mcmillan needs help to work out any problems he has then the club should offer that , if the claims are unsubstantiated then I can't see any way back for Jordan as the trust between manager and player has now gone.
  • Like 1