Ict Cup Game

jif

I'm hoping to get over for this on the 7th February, but I'm looking for a wee bit of help.

To maximise my trip, I'm taking in a Ice Hockey game the same night as the Belfast Giants are playing Braehead Clan at the Braehead Arena(at the minute top 2 teams in the league and the last time the Giants came over, the Arena sold out). I have been on AA route Planner and it claims that it will only take 12 minutes to get from Firhill to the Arena. So what I would like to know is, if the game goes to extra time

What are the chances on a Saturday night after the game, of getting to the arena by 1830.

Is there a bus that can get me from Maryhill to the arena

If I need to grab a taxi, how much roughly, will it cost.

Cheers

Jon

I'm hoping to get over for this on the 7th February, but I'm looking for a wee bit of help.

To maximise my trip, I'm taking in a Ice Hockey game the same night as the Belfast Giants are playing Braehead Clan at the Braehead Arena(at the minute top 2 teams in the league and the last time the Giants came over, the Arena sold out). I have been on AA route Planner and it claims that it will only take 12 minutes to get from Firhill to the Arena. So what I would like to know is, if the game goes to extra time

What are the chances on a Saturday night after the game, of getting to the arena by 1830.

Cheers

Jon

Taxis are a good bit dearer than in Belfast, jif. I regularly get a bus into Renfield St (city centre) and I've never been later than 5.25. I don't know the buses out to Braehead but I'd be very surprised if you can't get there for at the latest 6.15. So if nobody has a better route after the game make your way to Maryhill Rd at Queens X (5mins). Any bus to Renfrew St (there for 5.20ish), walk to BuchananSt Bus St (5mins max) and whatever bus from there.

Seem to mind you giving travel advice re Glentoran game and it was most helpful. :thumbsup2:

Leave sharpish - walk down to St George's X subway station (10-15mins) - take subway to Partick (another 10-15 mins) - get off and go upstairs to bus stances directly opposite entrance - get the 747 Glasgow Airport bus and it will drop you at Braehead:

http://www.firstgrou...or=10&source=sp

Hope link works.

Edited by JeanieD

Cheers

Jon

Hi,

After the Killie game a few weeks back some friends and I walked down to the Woody, had a pint, decided to go to the hockey, walked up to Park Circus where we were staying, got changed, phoned for tickets, phoned for a taxi and got to Braehead about ten-fifteen minutes before face off.

Leave sharpish - walk down to St George's X subway station (10-15mins) - take subway to Partick (another 10-15 mins) - get off and go upstairs to bus stances directly opposite entrance - get the 747 Glasgow Airport bus and it will drop you at Braehead:

Hope link works.

Surprised you didn't send him to the Renfrew Ferry knowing your penchant for things that float on the watter. Missed the boat there Jeanie D.

Hope link works.

Alternatively, stay on the subway to Govan. Directly outside the entrance is a bus-stop where you have a choice of 21,23 or 26 buses, all of which call in at Braehead.