Thistle V Accies

Mediocre Pundit

got to admire bbc alba.

with some expert editing they managed to cut out ninety five percent of the ridicule and songs directed to douglass indie esq.

as for rest of extended highlights ..... most enjoyable that was. as tremendous as last night was, to watch nearly two thirds of it again and being able to marvel again at some of our play was highly satisfying (not to mention assisted by a few juras).

• Like 2

got to admire bbc alba.

with some expert editing they managed to cut out ninety five percent of the ridicule and songs directed to douglass indie esq.

as for rest of extended highlights ..... most enjoyable that was. as tremendous as last night was, to watch nearly two thirds of it again and being able to marvel again at some of our play was highly satisfying (not to mention assisted by a few juras).

I sit right in front of the camera and have to endure the Gaelic commentary when the crowd is quiet. I've always wondered if I shout when something important happens how could they cut it out. But I'm sure they have their ways.

Had a feeling that we were going to hand out a bit of hiding last night and so it proved; I think a result like that has been a long time coming. Once we settled into the game, we were dominant and Hamilton rarely threatened which was a combination of their poor performance and our quick closing down.

It was my first time seeing Frans in live action and I can't say that I was as impressed as some others appear to be; I think the statistic about not conceding a goal from open play with him in the team is slightly blinding. I thought he was very shaky in the first half and was dragged out of position far too easily but improved in the second half although he didn't have a great deal to do. At times, he looked like a defender who had only ever been told to man-mark which is all good and well if everybody else is playing the same way; but he was closing areas out wide, particularly on the right side, when SOD was still half way up the pitch and unable to fill in. He's most likely short of match fitness and I'm hopeful that the aforementioned things can be attributed to rustiness but I certainly didn't see the colossus that others did.

Perhaps the reason Frans' performance looked a bit hesitant to me was because of the sheer excellence of his defensive partner. Seaborne was utterly dominant on the ground and in the air, pinged cross-field passes for most of the night and even waltzed past a couple of Hamilton players at one point which was reminiscent of our assistant manager in his heyday. Archie deserves a lot of credit for bringing Seaborne to Firhill; I'm not sure whether he has the pace to play at a higher level but I reckon a certain ex-manager of ours in the east coast would love to have him.

I reckon we might have just stumbled across a decent full-back in Christie. It'll take a bit of work on the defensive side of his game but if there's anybody who is going to put in the effort, it's Christie. He's a manager's dream, does exactly what is asked of him with minimum fuss and is a better player than some give him credit for. Not sure whether he's the answer to our left-back issue but I could certainly see him replacing SOD on the other side, should he leave in the summer as expected.

Craigen did a fine job in a deeper role and Osman was his usual effective self, breaking up play before going off with a slight knock. Higginbotham threatened to perform at times but still looks a bit short of match fitness; hopeful that he'll be coming into full fitness for the final third of the season and can perhaps rediscover the excellent form of last year.

In any other match, Lawless would have been the Man of the Match by a distance in my opinion; he was fantastic. Tricky, elusive, dangerous on the ball - all the things that marked him out as one of our best players in the promotion season. He does a great job of getting his body between his marker and the ball and this compensates for his lack in stature. Stevenson continued his recent good form but will be disappointed not to have scored with the chance in the second half; it came back to him at an awkward height but he really should have buried it.

Final word to the man of the moment. Leaving last night's performance to one side, I'm utterly astounded that anyone can even begin to suggest that Doolan isn't worthy of his place in the team. He is tremendously hard-working and has one of the best first touches of any Thistle player I've seen; he's agile, quick off his mark, tactically aware, links play well, a clinical finisher and good in the air. To find a player as well rounded as Dools would cost far, far, far more than we could ever afford. I sincerely hope to see him at Firhill for many years to come.

That's a great summary; gives those of us who weren't there a good idea of everybody's role and performance on the night.

Well here's a first for me. At the game last night O'donnell sliced a shot into the North. Stand, and it flew straight at myself, caught it and was well chuffed. Well thought that was that, but no. Lawless hit a shot just wide in the 1st half, I jumped up cos I thought it was in, on landing I turned round and was hit squarely in the nose and caught the fecking ball again. If you have recorded highlights you will see, guy with white jacket on, lol

And just to wrap things up, what a result. Whole team was mesmerising at times, well done to the team, management and back room staff. Certainly a great feeling leaving the ground last night. Hopefully another 2 good performances/wins over the next 2games.

• Like 1

Well here's a first for me. At the game last night O'donnell sliced a shot into the North. Stand, and it flew straight at myself, caught it and was well chuffed. Well thought that was that, but no. Lawless hit a shot just wide in the 1st half, I jumped up cos I thought it was in, on landing I turned round and was hit squarely in the nose and caught the fecking ball again. If you have recorded highlights you will see, guy with white jacket on, lol

And just to wrap things up, what a result. Whole team was mesmerising at times, well done to the team, management and back room staff. Certainly a great feeling leaving the ground last night. Hopefully another 2 good performances/wins over the next 2games.

Nice one mate! But I went one better by headering the ball straight back on the park boom! Derek & Gerry's last game in charge against Hamilton at home 2004/05 worst game ever lost one nil

I sit right in front of the camera and have to endure the Gaelic commentary when the crowd is quiet. I've always wondered if I shout when something important happens how could they cut it out. But I'm sure they have their ways.

Just split the audio from the video then add silence (delete sound) where you shouted then add voice over in Gaelic shouting come on the Jags!

The highlights highlighted (see what I did there) just how petulant the Accies players were. There were loads of late kicks on and off the ball and it will be surprising if a few Jags players don't have injuries today as a result.

They certainly put Welsh out of action. Yet that didn't merit a booking.

Well here's a first for me. At the game last night O'donnell sliced a shot into the North. Stand, and it flew straight at myself, caught it and was well chuffed. Well thought that was that, but no. Lawless hit a shot just wide in the 1st half, I jumped up cos I thought it was in, on landing I turned round and was hit squarely in the nose and caught the fecking ball again. If you have recorded highlights you will see, guy with white jacket on, lol...

Can you wear your white jacket and stand directly behind the goal net in future, please? :happy2::football::thumbsup2::fan::ptfc:

• Like 1

Back to the game after the fashion tips; I must admit that around 6.30pm that night I had second thoughts about going but thank goodness I went. Even when the team was announced I was a bit doubtful. However, it was a great performance from all of them including the subs who also played their part. Here's hoping they can kick on from this on Saturday and next Friday night.

Watched the highlights and it was a great all round performance with Lawless and obviously Doolan the standouts.

The defence looked composed and some well worked goals in the game with the Lawless backheel and then the Doolan finish just outrageous.

The ref for me in the highlights didn't give Lawless the protection he deserved and ignored a few stick on fouls.

An enjoyable game and a shame not more turned out to see it.

This team finding a little bit more consistency will see them go right up this league table and maybe put more bums on seats at Firhill.

Got to feel for the lad Welsh as he looks a decent player but it's a shame he is picking up injury after injury.

Hopefully he is back fit soon and gets an injury free run at it for the rest of the season as it's the least he deserves.

Edited by billko