Ict Cup Game On Saturday

redandyellowarmy

I may have missed this being mentioned earlier, but can I just point out that we were narrowly beaten by the current third best team in Scotland?

I know the manner of the defeat was disappointing, coming on the back of two poor games against Killie and St. Mirren, but the current cup holders were pumped by lower league opposition.

Cheer up - there's always someone worse off than yourself.

I may have missed this being mentioned earlier, but can I just point out that we were narrowly beaten by the current third best team in Scotland?

I know the manner of the defeat was disappointing, coming on the back of two poor games against Killie and St. Mirren, but the current cup holders were pumped by lower league opposition.

That did help to cheer me up a wee bit earlier today. But at the same time it reinforces the sheer opportunity that we've blown to get to Hampden.

Commented on this on the other thread but from 3rd to 9th (possibly even 10th or 11th) there's not a lot between these teams.

Then there's fact we've already beaten them home & away this season.

Then there's fact they lost their main striker in Billy Mackay.

If we lose to the the teams above us in the league between now & end of season is it acceptable as they've a higher league position?

I don't think you believe that any more than I do.

If you watched the game yesterday you would have seen they are very average.....and we have already beaten them

I don't understand this you can't beat anytime above in the league argument or should we shut the league after one game !

I think we are depressed because of three poor performances in a row, a truely dreadful first half yesterday and the reversion to dick Campbell's football style .....and that is depressing!

I brought it up the minute I posted yesterday RS. We have beaten them twice this season, but the league table shows they are a far better side. If we beat Celtic on Wednesday, does it mean we are a better side than them? Of course it doesn't. Shock results happen, if they didn't, the bookies would go out of business. The bookies had ICT as hot favourites yesterday, why? Because as things stand ICT are comfortably a better side than Thistle. I am the first to agree that the manager picked the wrong side yesterday, should have admitted it and moved on to the next match. Frankly the worrying thing for me yesterday was the way Seaborne and especially Frans were torn to shreds. If they repeat that on Wednesday it could be X certificate stuff!

• Like 1

I brought it up the minute I posted yesterday RS. We have beaten them twice this season, but the league table shows they are a far better side. If we beat Celtic on Wednesday, does it mean we are a better side than them? Of course it doesn't. Shock results happen, if they didn't, the bookies would go out of business. The bookies had ICT as hot favourites yesterday, why? Because as things stand ICT are comfortably a better side than Thistle. I am the first to agree that the manager picked the wrong side yesterday, should have admitted it and moved on to the next match. Frankly the worrying thing for me yesterday was the way Seaborne and especially Frans were torn to shreds. If they repeat that on Wednesday it could be X certificate stuff!

Back four were a bit of a mess yesterday, especially 1st half and that along with O'Donnell's two mistakes that led to their goals & our inability to win and retain the ball in the midfield were the reasons we lost yesterday not the selection of personnel further up the field which many are keen to pull out as the reason we got beat and played badly...Taylor should have started but he wouldn't have stopped Caley winning most 1st and every second balls in the middle of the park and the fact that when they had it they retained it...

Archie needs to freshen a few things up for Wed and I am sure he will, freshening doesn't necessarily mean loads of personnel changes either though, he needs to get the confidence going amongst our creative players and tighten up / get the work-rate going amongst the rest of the side....

I thought Raith Rovers were excellent today against Rangers.

We used to play nice football as well.

Aye... the way they strung no passes together for their first and the tight inter-play and understanding they drew out of the sevco goalie and 2 defenders to set up Nade for the winner was mesmerising.

They should really re-brand as "Raith Globetrotters" and just play exhibition matches.

I mean if it was a team with problems both on and off the park they were playing one might not be so impressed, but this was the mighty Govan Sevco at the peak of their powers.

:worship: