End Of Season Collapse?

brodieboy

Totally disheartened , we've managed to accumulate 6 points out of 27 , if it was any other manager apart from Archie ,would his job be in jeopardy ? No doubt we've got talented players , think a lot of them were on the bench today . The team today was set up to get a point , flooding the midfield etc , apart from Lyle Taylor where would the goals come from ?

We've got good attacking players , Archie is coming across as a really negative manager , I would rather we gave it a real go by attacking teams instead of trying to contain the opposition .

Don't think Archie's tactics and ethos on the game are working at all.

Dundee aren't a good team. Especially today with injuries / suspensions.

We sat back & ultimately got what we deserved.

Don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but most fans would have a better chance of predicting the lottery numbers than that starting XI.

Shame as a win, or even a draw, would've been most welcome given other results.

We're not out of the woods yet, not by a long way.

If Archie continues as manager this season he will get us relegated. He hasn't got a clue. Every single week his team selection baffles the fans. Again same old mistakes being made. If it's not an early goal we are losing it is a late one. The guy needs to hold his hands up and say he isn't cut out for management and walk away before he ruins the club.

Thanks for your service Archie but it's time to leave

Haha check the state of you!!!

I would be interested to know who by. All managers experience difficult periods in a career and Archie is going through one now but I believe that he will come through it and we will stay up. Others will have differing views and that is their right but outlandish statements don't really help.

There were a few shouts against Inverness.

He's having a hard time by his own doing. That team today was stinking.

I don't think Archie will be replaced so it's a pointless discussion

But to suggest NO ONE could go any better is ridiculous

I agree with you on both points. I think the Board have made it fairly clear they fully support Archie and are looking for continuity. I don't want Archie sacked but you are right to say that someone else could be better - the risk is they could be the same/worse as well.

Gutted, but through this run we've been pretty lucky in that the other teams are making little headway and our position is still relatively comfortable. Not time to hit the panic button, a win next week could effectively write of the bad run and put us in as good a position as we've been all season.

Sounds like we weren't as bad today as we've been, and poor as they've been I'd say that the previous three games were all progressively slightly better than the previous one. So I don't think the team have given up and I just hope they can rally, and so can the fans, because this can definitely be turned around.

I do think confidence is massive in football, more so than tactics, or effort. And I think that's the main thing lacking.

Edited by allyo

The board won't get rid of AA at this stage but I think even if we stay up a new manager should be brought in.

I don't really fancy watching another season of the way we play football under him. The late goals, the horrible defence, the strange team selections, the dull sideways passing, the lack of shots at goal.

A lot of guys are out of contract anyway so it would be a clean slate.

If it's a mistake and we go down then so be it. Historically we're a 2nd tier side anyway, right?