End Of Season Collapse?

brodieboy

Next 4 games might tell us about a "collapse" (Dundee, Ross, D. United and Ross again - 3 of which are away)) - then perhaps a judgement can be made regarding a "collapse" or perhaps it was over-achievement to date or potentially a recovery by relegation threatened opponents etc.

Makes the season a bit more interesting - after all if Dundee win tomorrow they will be pretty much safe and will have achieved their goal for season - the rest of the season will be a meaningless exercise in treading water..........................now you thing of it that would be great!

That'll be the same Dundee who came up this season with.........Hamilton, yeah??

I find some of these comments bizarre....

St mirren are crap is the consensus view but we shouldn't beat than at home ?! Because ? Oh it's us....

I dont think it was St Mirren specifically.

I think it was more to do with the full list of teams Barney was suggesting we should be certs to beat at home that makes him sound delusional.

I dont think it was St Mirren specifically.

I think it was more to do with the full list of teams Barney was suggesting we should be certs to beat at home that makes him sound delusional.

It may be aspirational, but it certainly is not delusional to expect to beat the teams around and below us in the table at home.

We lost to Hamilton from a winning position with 5 minutes to go.

We played a winless St Mirren in September as favourites and lost.

We beat Motherwell at home, fair enough.

We played St. Johnstone at home when they had lost 5 on the bounce and drew.

We played Kilmarnock at home when they had lost a few on the bounce and drew.

We beat Hamilton convincingly at home, fair enough.

We lose to St Mirren at home again after giving them a goal of a start.

I can accept that perhaps we might not win all seven games, but what is delusional about expecting to have taken full points from any of these home games? Rather than being the team to play when other clubs need to end a dismal run, what's wrong with wanting Firhill to be one of the last places a team has to come to when they're on a bad run?

It may be aspirational, but it certainly is not delusional to expect to beat the teams around and below us in the table at home.

I can accept that perhaps we might not win all seven games, but what is delusional about expecting to have taken full points from any of these home games? Rather than being the team to play when other clubs need to end a dismal run, what's wrong with wanting Firhill to be one of the last places a team has to come to when they're on a bad run?

That's a bit of a climb down from your original point, where in reply to Lindau, you said You believe we should be CERTS to beat St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Firhill to be a fortress, I want that too.

Edited by potty trained

That's a bit of a climb down from your original point, where in reply to Lindau, you said You believe we should be CERTS to beat St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Firhill to be a fortress, I want that too.

My original post said that we have previous this season for bottling it when we should be certs, and I stand by that assertion.

In any case, the past cannot be changed so let's move on and do the business in today's game.

I want archie and Shaggy to remain in charge for a long time, do all supporters want this?

I don't think many, if any, want any PTFC manager to be a failure but like I said we all want a successful PTFC team.

We may have differing views as to how that's best achieved but I don't travel to Dundee, Dungwall or wherever hoping to see us lose. Ridiculous.

I don't think many, if any, want any PTFC manager to be a failure but like I said we all want a successful PTFC team.

We may have differing views as to how that's best achieved but I don't travel to Dundee, Dungwall or wherever hoping to see us lose. Ridiculous.

I don't think anyone wants to see us lose.

What I do know is that in 25 years of following thistle I've seen us win 3 trophies and get to a final and one trip to Hampden. In 25 years! I want that success more regularly, but I am realistic enough to know that it's not a regular occurrence and to bring such success regularly would take a massive, unrealistic shift for it to happen over night.

I'm never going to stop going to Firhill.

So, regardless of what division we play in, regardless of who our manager is, and regardless of the success we have, I'm always going to be there.

So why not be there, supporting a manager who knows the club, who wants to succeed and who, is trying his best.

He's proven himself as a first division manager. He's now going about proving himself as a premiership manager. I'm happy to support him doing that.

If we go down, that's football, that's life and I accept that.

Edited by potty trained

If Archie continues as manager this season he will get us relegated. He hasn't got a clue. Every single week his team selection baffles the fans. Again same old mistakes being made. If it's not an early goal we are losing it is a late one. The guy needs to hold his hands up and say he isn't cut out for management and walk away before he ruins the club.

Thanks for your service Archie but it's time to leave

Going the way hibs went last season don't even look like scoring getting worse ! Lawless has set up a gd of goals this season and didn't get on the park stevensons been our best player recently and was benched too scared too go for a win and have 2 strikers on when we need a goal must say it's getting worrying

I don't think anyone wants to see us lose.

What I do know is that in 25 years of following thistle I've seen us win 3 trophies and get to a final and one trip to Hampden. In 25 years! I want that success more regularly, but I am realistic enough to know that it's not a regular occurrence and to bring such success regularly would take a massive, unrealistic shift for it to happen over night.

I'm never going to stop going to Firhill.

So, regardless of what division we play in, regardless of who our manager is, and regardless of the success we have, I'm always going to be there.

So why not be there, supporting a manager who knows the club, who wants to succeed and who, is trying his best.

He's proven himself as a first division manager. He's now going about proving himself as a premiership manager. I'm happy to support him doing that.

If we go down, that's football, that's life and I accept that.

I think people are more pissed off at the fact we are a far better team than we are showing and you have to admit some of the selections and changes have been questionable at times

If we go down after leading by such a large margin with far superior players to the team's below us, then Archie's name will be mud.

He's already been mentioned next to Dick Campbell.

Yeah - by you.

Ridiculous comparison - we might be shite just now but Campbell finished 4th behind part-time teams two leagues below and took a skin of teeth penalty shoot out to salvage a dreadful season. He was binned in the first division in free fall. He never managed teams to 4 and 5 goal victories in the top league.

You cannot seriously compare that to just now. I don't want to see Archie go but we have to improve, if we don't then hard questions will be asked.

However I've yet to see a coherent, reasoned call for anyone who could do better. Danny Lennon at a push maybe, but St Mirren binned him when their winless runs and type of play was similar.

So who else? You can't just bin someone and have no plan in place to build. Stuart McCall? Who couldn't hack a bottom six scrap with most of a team who finished second the season before? No thanks.

Edited by 1876Jag

Totally disheartened , we've managed to accumulate 6 points out of 27 , if it was any other manager apart from Archie ,would his job be in jeopardy ? No doubt we've got talented players , think a lot of them were on the bench today . The team today was set up to get a point , flooding the midfield etc , apart from Lyle Taylor where would the goals come from ?

We've got good attacking players , Archie is coming across as a really negative manager , I would rather we gave it a real go by attacking teams instead of trying to contain the opposition .

Don't think Archie's tactics and ethos on the game are working at all.

• Like 1

If we go down after leading by such a large margin with far superior players to the team's below us, then Archie's name will be mud.

He's already been mentioned next to Dick Campbell.

I would be interested to know who by. All managers experience difficult periods in a career and Archie is going through one now but I believe that he will come through it and we will stay up. Others will have differing views and that is their right but outlandish statements don't really help.