Should The Manager Stay Or Go ?

javeajag

I really don't think he should go. There's a lot of players who should go, before him though.

The decision ultimately sits with the board. And their decision will tell the fans who is more important in their eyes, the players or the manager.

Right now there are players out there putting our club's status in jeopardy. Through their performances. It doesn't matter who the manager is, there's guys there who don't care, about the club, about the fans.

I really don't think he should go. There's a lot of players who should go, before him though.

The decision ultimately sits with the board. And their decision will tell the fans who is more important in their eyes, the players or the manager.

Right now there are players out there putting our club's status in jeopardy. Through their performances. It doesn't matter who the manager is, there's guys there who don't care, about the club, about the fans.

Which players?

a complete shambles today from start to finish.... We are now on a bad run and heading down the table

So should we stick with archie or take a 'brave' decision ?

I understand your sentiment, but we aren't heading down the table as we still have a 7 point cushion, effectively 8 due to our better goal difference and St.M and Motherwell haven't caught up any ground in our poor recent run. But it is certainly worrying times and I am not sure what changing the manager would achieve right now - or who is available at a price we could afford.

Archie's seemingly random team selections, weird love of Elliot and (until today) Bannigan, failure to play Lawless, and overseeing of our dreadful record of conceding late, late goals have severely eroded my belief in him or willingness to defend him. I've just about had enough.

However, I'm not convinced we could attract or afford anyone capable of quickly turning things around - and despite this nightmare start to the year so far (apart from the Accies game), I still wouldn't pull the trigger. We are 7 points clear of 3 fellow strugglers. The players need to wake up and start trying much much harder. We know what they are capable of, and they should be ashamed of themselves atm.

I understand your sentiment, but we aren't heading down the table as we still have a 7 point cushion, effectively 8 due to our better goal difference and St.M and Motherwell haven't caught up any ground in our poor recent run. But it is certainly worrying times and I am not sure what changing the manager would achieve right now - or who is available at a price we could afford.

Who can see us picking up any more points before the split? At the very best we will still be seven points clear at that point.

Afterwards we will have to play St Mirren and Ross County, two teams who have recently beaten us at home - one comfortably. Anyone see us beating Motherwell the way we played today?

So that's nine points right there - I fear being sucked under and drowning.

Edited by Richard Nixon

Seaborne, Frans, Fraser and Higgy are not poor players.

They aren't, you're right. However they are playing well below their ability. they aren't concentrating, they aren't performing at their best.

They are selling the fans short.

There are players behind them who will give more. Maybe not as gifted, but they will fight.

I'd actually say Higgy did try today. I'd say Banzo did too when they came on.

Have you seen the next 6 fixtures? 0 points is a high possibility the way we are going

They aren't, you're right. However they are playing well below their ability. they aren't concentrating, they aren't performing at their best.

They are selling the fans short.

There are players behind them who will give more. Maybe not as gifted, but they will fight.

I'd actually say Higgy did try today. I'd say Banzo did too when they came on.

I admire you're loyalty to the manager PT but he's signed, coached & picked all these players.

So do we blame the players for performing poorly?

The manager for coaching them?

Or the BoD for sanctioning their signings?

One common denominator in all 3...