Should The Manager Stay Or Go ?

javeajag

I admire you're loyalty to the manager PT but he's signed, coached & picked all these players.

So do we blame the players for performing poorly?

The manager for coaching them?

Or the BoD for sanctioning their signings?

One common denominator in all 3...

it depends on each persons outlook. This isn't personal to Archie, I'd feel this way regardless of the manager.

The buck stops with the players for me.

I'd have admiration if the board pulled every one of them in to a meeting and told them, you signed for this manager, you buck up or **** off. There's players here who will give more if they don't want to be part of it.

If they don't want to play for the manager, they shouldn't have signed. I don't pay to watch someone who thinks he can turn it on when he feels like it.

it depends on each persons outlook. This isn't personal to Archie, I'd feel this way regardless of the manager.

The buck stops with the players for me.

I'd have admiration if the board pulled every one of them in to a meeting and told them, you signed for this manager, you buck up or **** off. There's players here who will give more if they don't want to be part of it.

If they don't want to play for the manager, they shouldn't have signed. I don't pay to watch someone who thinks he can turn it on when he feels like it.

I'm afraid that's not how it works

The manger is responsible for the team and their performance

He is accountable

Then there's 8 or 9 players he can drop and bring in people who will do their best for him.

Is that not what he's been attempting to do over past few weeks?

Not to mention that bar Elliot & SOD, he brought the rest of the starting 11 to the club.

His team, his coaching, his tactics.

I admire you're loyalty to the manager PT but he's signed, coached & picked all these players.

So do we blame the players for performing poorly?

The manager for coaching them?

Or the BoD for sanctioning their signings?

One common denominator in all 3...

I feel you can actually blame the Manager and the players and Scott Paterson - he deserves some criticism as well and can he please stop writing drivel about how the players are back up for it after the Dundee game.

As for the board - well sometimes I get the impression some of them are sometimes more preoccupied at deciding their next holiday than what is going on at the club

• Like 1

This is how it reads to me, is there a dressing room backlash about McMillan, as this is when the performances and desire left us.

I am with you on this one. Everything started going tits up after McMillangate (bar the Hamilton game) pretty sure there is something else going on here and it's affected certain players

This is how it reads to me, is there a dressing room backlash about McMillan, as this is when the performances and desire left us.

If that's the case, let's just play the under 21's for the remainder. Better to get relegated with players who actually want to play for the club.

It would be no more pathetic or embarrasing than what we witnessed today.

I am not watching a bunch of *rseholes who are actively undermining their manager for the rest of the season.

And Billy Bigtime d*ckheads who think they can do better can impress prospective clubs from the training ground.

But will we get any kind of honest information from the club as to the reasons for our awful collapse in form?

Edited by Richard Nixon
  • Like 2

I am with you on this one. Everything started going tits up after McMillangate (bar the Hamilton game) pretty sure there is something else going on here and it's affected certain players

To be honest chaps this is speculation that's at best self serving

There is mo evidence McMillan has anything to do with our slump

It's neat but not proven

It's neat but not proven

So what is? Is Archibald just a shite manager who has been fooling everyone for two years? I don't believe that.

How many times have we witnessed his teams go out with fight and desire? That is what has completely evaporated recently.

It's all the same players. I honestly don't believe the team has collapsed just because the starting line-up changes. I wouldn't take that excuse from under 12's!

It's neat but not proven

Agreed, but our slump has coincided exactly with the McMillan incident. Were more players involved?. Has it split the dressing room? Players backing Jordan and others not. It doesn't take much for dressing rooms to be divided and the way our form has slumped makes me think the whole episode has damaged the club.

It's the manager....simples

It happens look at mcall at Motherwell

But as you know, you were saying this at the exact same time last year and we stayed up. Not for a minute am I saying that will happen this season, but it's pointless changing the manager now and as you well know, it's not gonna happen barring Archie himself resigning and even if that happened I would imagine Paterson would take over for the rest of the season. If we go down, he should be replaced

So what is? Is Archibald just a shite manager who has been fooling everyone for two years? I don't believe that.

How many times have we witnessed his teams go out with fight and desire? That is what has completely evaporated recently.

It's all the same players. I honestly don't believe the team has collapsed just because the starting line-up changes. I wouldn't take that excuse from under 12's!

He signed most of the players Dick.

Then there's Elliot who wasn't a regular starter until recently. No excuses even there.

As for not going out with fight & desire... How many last 5 minute goals have we conceded under him? Where's the fight & desire to hold into leads?

I don't know why either Tricky? Perhaps it's a case of a (few) rotten apples spoiling the barrell, Archie has to get it sorted out ASAP or the games well and truly up.

What has to be faced is that this is the team that Archie has built, good or bad, it's a his own creation, so he is the author of his own misfortune.

Edited by AndyMac

Didn't the poster Ian Mac say previously that AA's authority was challenged over Christmas by certain players?

After today it looks like it could still be going on.

IF TRUE,

The players challenging his authority can keep up their fitness on their own time and find other clubs as soon as they are able.

Archibald can play people who actually want to play for him. I'll take commitment in the Championship rather than insurrection in the top league.

If anyone doesn't want Archibald as manager fair enough, but why would you support players who are actively not playing for him - which means THEY'RE NOT PLAYING FOR US?!?! The sad b*stards who pay their wages!!!

What guarantee would you have they will play for anyone else? Hell mend the lot of them.

Edited by Richard Nixon