Steven Lawless Tweet

ThickAsThieves

• Members

So.... Stevie starts this week! It would be interesting to hear what folk thought of this decision to play him after last weeks tweet. Maybe he went up to Archie and told him he better pick him or else he would get all the other players to not play again like they did last week? Because that's what happened didn't it?

• Like 2

The result proves that the ends has justified his team selection. However, the next player who decides to tweet something sarcastic after a defeat... Does that mean he walks back into the team?

The fact remains that however well Lawkess played today, or otherwise, he's undermined the manager for a second time with a tweet when left out the team, & has, financial penalties aside, largely 'got away with it'.

Not sure how Booth will have taken being dropped today. McDaid?

Regardless of result it sends the wrong message out imo.

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

The result proves that the ends has justified his team selection. However, thw next player who decides to tweet something sarcastic after a defeat... Does that mean he walks back into the team?

The fact remains that however well Lawkess played today, or otherwise, he's undermined the manager for a second time with a tweet when left out the team, & has, financial penalties aside, largely 'got away with it'.

Not sure how Booth will favs taken being dropped today. McDaid?

Regardless of result it sends the wrong message out imo.

We don't know that , it could have been dealt with internally probably with a fine , doubt any manager would let a player knowingly undermine him.

We don't know that , it could have been dealt with internally probably with a fine , doubt any manager would let a player knowingly undermine him.

Have no doubt that it was but bear in mind it repeated a tweet a former player made earlier in season, it's not the first time it had happened & he's started the very next game...

Sends out wrong message for me.

Maybe Archie got him in on Monday, told him to get his arse in gear, get the head down and maybe he would get back in, or maybe lawless went to Archie and said, sorry boss was pissed aff we got beat, I was wrong and it will not happen again? But whatever it was, it worked and as said earlier, ain't the worst crime in the world.

It all suggests that the manager treated the 'incident' as the triviality that it undoubtedly was.

Positive response today from Lawless on his return to the starting eleven.

Like I said, I'm not debating how well or otherwise he played today.

He hasn't started last cpl for a reason & by sounds of last w/e tweet, not because he was injured.

What message dies that send to Doolan, Booth etc?

Spit your dummy & you might be fined but in team the next week?

Like I said, I'm not debating how well or otherwise he played today.

He hasn't started last cpl for a reason & by sounds of last w/e tweet, not because he was injured.

What message dies that send to Doolan, Booth etc?

Spit your dummy & you might be fined but in team the next week?

Feck it just sack him like McMillan!

So the manager should have a team in mind that he thinks is going to win a match but leave one of those players out because he did something silly but essentially trivial the week beforehand.

Yeah, that's going to work.

So he had a team in mind from 5.30 last week?

Perhaps he did but doesn't say a lot for players training through the week.

Surely it would've made more sense to play the player with most assists vs bottom of league Ross Co at home last week?

& like I said, & correct me if I'm wrong, it's not the first time he's tweeted after being dropped?

So he had a team in mind from 5.30 last week?

Eh?

At some point a manager is going to formulate a team in his head for his next match.

I was asking you if having done that, irrespective of what day and time that occurs, he should then leave out one of those players because he did something utterly trivial?

Eh?

At some point a manager is going to formulate a team in his head for his next match.

I was asking you if having done that, irrespective of what day and time that occurs, he should then leave out one of those players because he did something utterly trivial?

So it's trivial?

Ryan Stevenson. Declan McDaid & Calum Booth all left out today...

Maybe they should tweet similar or alternatively give quote to journo saying as much.

That way they should be guaranteed a place next week?

Why else did he play today & not last week vs bottom of the league Ross Co? Couldn't have been for his defensive (or lack of) capabilities I'm guessing?

Point being, he's now done it twice but walked straight back into team on this occasion.

What kind of message do you think it sends out to the players dropped from last week?

So it's trivial?

Ryan Stevenson. Declan McDaid & Calum Booth all left out today...

Maybe they should tweet similar or alternatively give quote to journo saying as much.

That way they should be guaranteed a place next week?

Why else did he play today & not last week vs bottom of the league Ross Co? Couldn't have been for his defensive (or lack of) capabilities I'm guessing?

Point being, he's now done it twice but walked straight back into team on this occasion.

What kind of message do you think it sends out to the players dropped from last week?

to be honest I dont think we had much choice as we were missing him and a win justifies it for me

You didn't answer whether you think Stevenson, Booth, Mcdaid etc should tweet same/give journo same quote so they get back in team next week?

Really,you think Lawless' tweet got his place back in the team? Really, you honestly think that?

Couldn't care less whether those players tweet or not. It's a tweet. 140 characters of ephemera and nonsense.

I hope they will be disappointed not to be playing. Be determined to get their place in the starting eleven back and if they do perform as Lawless did today in an attempt to keep their place.

I stuck one of the members of this forum on ignore a couple of weeks ago and it's been a revelation, I'm all for free speech however the negativity over everything about our club was beginning to bug me and I was on the verge of taking the bait with some topics.

The forum without this one person has been pretty good with a reasoned debate about most things now, you do get the odd quote that pops up but I just don't read these.

I have to say it's the best thing I've done and would thoroughly recommend it! With some comments on this thread I might add another as it's ridiculous, I don't care whatever Archie (or any manager) does with players as long as we get results and performances, the team looked like they were playing for each other today so credit Archie. Well done and lets see this level of performance again over the coming weeks, I also don't need to know your man management secrets (or failings) although I could speculate that they are crap and your position is now untenable but I'd rather accept you sorted it out (maybe just for now?) and that's good enough for me.

to be honest I dont think we had much choice as we were missing him and a win justifies it for me

I'm bit doubting that but if the manager felt we were missing him why not play him at home vs Ross Co when we've suffered 4 defeats on the bounce?

Doesn't look great, imo, that he's back in after spitting his dummy (not for first time) last week.

What sign does that send to the players dropped to accommodate him today?

Or because we win they've no grounds for complaint?