Steven Lawless Tweet

ThickAsThieves

I think the Lawless tweet shows a bigger problem within the dressing room.

Archie will either need to regain control fast or find himself looking for a new job, if that means sending some of the players who clearly couldn't give a toss about playing to the U20's, fining them or having them in at 6am for Sunday morning sessions I don't care something has to be done.

I'd even consider bringing Lambie in to help Archie toughen up

Problem with bringing in someone 'to help' now is it could undermine his authority in the dressing room.

It should've been done months ago rather than in back of umpteen poor results & performances.

That said, a few of Lambie's training methods after a defeat wouldn't go amiss.

Tractor tyres up & down Firhill Rd to Ruchill Park tomorrow morning sounds like a fair punishment for putting the fans through that today.

I think the Lawless tweet shows a bigger problem within the dressing room.

Archie will either need to regain control fast or find himself looking for a new job, if that means sending some of the players who clearly couldn't give a toss about playing to the U20's, fining them or having them in at 6am for Sunday morning sessions I don't care something has to be done.

I'd even consider bringing Lambie in to help Archie toughen up

Agree with this.

Today was a combination of a manager not knowing what he wanted and a bunch of players not giving a

feck, Sometimes players need a good rollicking, a real good Lambie style bollocking out.I don't know if Archie has got that in him but if he does'nt hell need to find it and quick. The players cheated the fans today .

I'm as baffled as the next guy as to why Lawless hasn't been in the side recently. Someone mentioned on here a few weeks ago that Archie never plays him against Celtic and I had actually never noticed this but it's true. Two games have passed since though and no game time.

I can completely understand his frustrations, not even getting on and having to watch that sort of performance today and last two games. However, his tweet is inexcusable, lacks professionalism and is disrespectful not only to the management and other players but to the fans too.

• Like 1

Felt sorry for him not getting a start recently, but if really tweeted that? No respect for manager or fans, he knew what the reaction would be given the way our form has been recently. Time to roll the sleeves up you twat, not act like a cnut.

Yoda jag and the Cup liking the same post. This is getting serious.

I agree, by the way

I can completely understand his frustration at seeing some of the others getting a game ahead of him when they are clearly off form, not good enough and seemingly undroppable.

But he has one disappointing game (which incidentally was when high balls were being punted into him - wtf?) and he gets dropped.

That's poor - as is the way Dools has been treated.

• Like 1

I was dismayed myself when I saw McDaid on the field with Lawless left out yet again. We'll probably have to wait till next week now to find out if the Lawless situation is 'political' or whether Archie actually prefers Declan.

Whatever it is, I seriously hope Archie's prepared to get wee Lawless back into the action again, and rapido. Today's performance warrants wholesale changes to be made, except we don't have a big enough squad to do that. Further omission of Lawless, though, would worry me a lot. He's a spark of light in a currently flat and gloomy set up.

He's now deleted it.

The club asked him to.

He had offers during the summer from various clubs but chose to stay here because, supposedly, Archie and Shaggy apologised for not playing him and promised to start him more often. That happened but he's fallen back out of the frame again. He shouldn't have tweeted that but you can understand his frustration that this promise has been broken, and he could be playing regularly somewhere else.

I don't think he'll play for us again. Maybe go out on loan.

Arch should call his bluff and terminate Lawless'contract.

There is a line and Lawless has crossed it.

I'm not on social media but a friend of mine saying last night Lawless tweeted something before last season when being left on the bench?

Anyone confirm/deny?

If true, & it is a second time, time to act.

A superstar in his own mind only ( and maybe yours ). All I see is a wee boy that my granny could outmuscle. More strength in his petted lip than the rest of his body.

I agree with this. The games where he's put in an anonymous performance versus the games where he's been effective must be in the ration of 10 to 1.

Edited by Richard Nixon

I agree with this. The games where he's put in an anonymous performance versus the games where he's been effective must be in the ration of 10 to 1.

Talking about this season, that is utter rubbish. There are plenty other players that should have been dropped before Lawless. Doesn't excuse his tweet by the way. Very ill advised.

Talking about this season, that is utter rubbish. There are plenty other players that should have been dropped before Lawless. Doesn't excuse his tweet by the way. Very ill advised.

What was the last game he had any effect on? And I don't mean receiving the ball and immediately being dispossessed, again and again and again? Because that's what I've come to expect from Lawless.

I can completely understand his frustration at seeing some of the others getting a game ahead of him when they are clearly off form, not good enough and seemingly undroppable.

But he has one disappointing game (which incidentally was when high balls were being punted into him - wtf?) and he gets dropped.

That's poor - as is the way Dools has been treated.

I was dismayed myself when I saw McDaid on the field with Lawless left out yet again. We'll probably have to wait till next week now to find out if the Lawless situation is 'political' or whether Archie actually prefers Declan.

Whatever it is, I seriously hope Archie's prepared to get wee Lawless back into the action again, and rapido. Today's performance warrants wholesale changes to be made, except we don't have a big enough squad to do that. Further omission of Lawless, though, would worry me a lot. He's a spark of light in a currently flat and gloomy set up.

It looks to me as if Archie's real wish is to bring back getting long balls up into space on the wings, crossing it into the penalty box randomly and have tall, muscular, quick strikers nodding it into the net or forcing it in through a scramble in the goalmouth. That would explain keeping Doolan, the alert but (relatively) slightly built grabber of goals, on the bench in favour of a midfield player or a loan striker playing alone up front, and ensuring there is no midfielder in the centre to get the ball into the box from the centre (despite the evidence from last season after Erskine's return).

In a nutshell, Archie seems to be trying to turn the clock back. Even if it's not working (as it clearly isn't), he doesn't seem willing to change it. That may lie behind the loss of confidence. Of course, for opposing managers Archie's tactics are a godsend.

Edited by Fearchar