Steven Lawless Tweet

ThickAsThieves

The same signs are here now but the fan boys/girls would rather take relegation than admit they were wrong about AA all along.

Wrong about a rookie manager that took us on an undefeated run from January till the end of the season and to the Championship. I assume you were in tears at the end of the Morton and Dunfermline games and they were not tears of joy! Wrong about a guy that kept us up last season and definitely improved the team. Unless I am totally missing something, there are still three teams in a far worse position than us in the league. That might change, then again Saturday might be the boot up the arse that some players needed. The time to judge the manager is at the end of the season. If we go down, his job should be looked at. End of story. As I have said before, this is just a total rehash of threads from last season and we all know what happened then.

Edited by Lindau

It's been the same arguments because nothing has changed.

The super fan "support the team no matter what" chat was far worse than people critiquing the tactical ability of the manager.

But we're beyond that stage now anyway. Thankfully the fans are beginning to get come around and see that we have a serious problem. The players have an attitude problem and no amount happy clapping and rallying behind them will sort it out.

They clearly don't care.

I would have be interesting to read what the above people said when Campbell was in charge. We probably wouldn't been in the Premiership if we backed Dick Campbell's team joyously until they miraculously propelled up the table.

He needed sacked and he was.

The same signs are here now but the fan boys/girls would rather take relegation than admit they were wrong about AA all along.

Thanks, I don't see the contradiction. :fan:

Won't sort it, but we shoulnd never stop it. Boo if y'want, show them we do care, there's lot's of ways to express it. :clapping::fan::clapping:

Proud to.... Proud to be... proud to be a ... "fan boy"!!!! ... How am i wrong about Archie though? I recognise relegation is a possibility under just about any manager i can think of. I don't accept it as inevitable and if admiting I was wron about Archie ment survival and post survival progression i'd do it even if i din't know exactly what i was admitting to.

Partick Thistle 24/7 Fundamentalist .... No shame ... for club and for North Glasgow FOREVER!!!!!!!

:ph34r::fan::ph34r:

:crazy:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Terry Butcher did a great job of supporting Jimmy Bone once Campbell was punted. It's exactly that type of old-school, no-nonsense approach that's needed to guide us (forcefully) from the mire. He gets my vote.

I was thinking more of the textbook coach. A guy who doesn't stand with his arms folded. Tommy Craig for me.

If we can't temp Stuart Baxter from the Kaiser Chiefs I'd like to see us have a stab at getting Bobby Williamson. Certainly it would have to be someone with experience of managing in Africa.

^^^ This .... We have never shown any serious signs of ambition or self respect for our club since we were linked to those two Cameronian Internationalists who were on the bench for their country at the 1998 world cup finals. Our stubborn commitment to ignore the "global world" ( :thinking: ) smacks of an antiquated and outdated protectionist facism I reject and refuse to be party to.

Dunno why he deleted it he's not getting a game for no reason Archie just doesn't like him. Most assists this season most creative player !! Only thing he's lacked is goals and for people who say he get pushed off the ball too easily that's usually when we play the likes of Aberdeen and at Johnstone ! How Archibald can start Elliot when we are lacking a threat in the final third is actually astounding n a don't think I've ever used that word

Dunno why he deleted it he's not getting a game for no reason Archie just doesn't like him. Most assists this season most creative player !! Only thing he's lacked is goals and for people who say he get pushed off the ball too easily that's usually when we play the likes of Aberdeen and at Johnstone ! How Archibald can start Elliot when we are lacking a threat in the final third is actually astounding n a don't think I've ever used that word

Why did Archie offer someone a one year contract he doesn't like?

Why not use that money to bring in someone else, or at the time offer Taylor better wages, if as you claim, he doesn't like Lawless?

Maybe he loves what he can offer but thinks he needs to add attributes to his game? He offered him a one year contract advising him these are the areas I want you to add to your game... And maybe he hasn't?

Keep yourself to less than two syllables, no need to get taxed.

Why not use that money to bring in someone else, or at the time offer Taylor better wages, if as you claim, he doesn't like Lawless?

Maybe he loves what he can offer but thinks he needs to add attributes to his game? He offered him a one year contract advising him these are the areas I want you to add to your game... And maybe he hasn't?

To be honest, I don't think Archie knows if he's shitting or shaving half the time.

• Like 2

mate my whole point is play ur best players ? Play ur most creative players ? It's fair enough lawless can have a bad game but would u have dropped him ? We had no 1 on the park on Saturday at the start that can produce the movement and creativity that lawless or higgy can provide ! Not only that to say lawless and higgy don't try is a load of shit

Fine him for breaching the clubs Social Media rules - these folk need to realise who the boss is and what the rules are there for

Absolutely but whether it's Tweeting, trying to get sent off during games or doing other activities on the Christmas night out there is a clear and total lack of respect for the manager.

I've worked under terrible managers before and I didn't have any respect for them either. My morale was so low I didn't even care if they fired me.

That sounds familiar.....

Did I say anything like that? Seen him playing at all this season or is it because he's one of your own you feel the need to defend him?

You made a stupid statement and now followed it up with one even more stupid that didn't deserve a reply but i will anyway.

I don't have a clue what team Stevie Lawless supports but when i find out that you do I'm now wondering if that's one of the reason's you don't seem to rate him.

You are talking about a player who isn't the most physical of players as you well know, but he is technically a good player and a player i think Thistle could do with in the team.

I have seen him play a few times this season (not every week mind you) and he always has a positive influence in anything good Thistle do.

I don't think he gets the protection from the refs alot of the time but our game is finished if we base our judgement of a player on his physical attributes rather than what positives he brings to the game as a footballer.

I have also seen enough of him in the first division title winning season 2012 /13 and he was a standout in alot of the games i went to with my son who also seen he was a decent player.

I'm positive i didn't say to my son "Aye wee Stevie is a great player and even better he is a Rangers man too" :blink: as knowing what team he liked would make no diference on how i rated him as a player.

The manager picks the team and if he doesn't pick Lawless than that's up to him and it's his decision that counts

I'm defending Stevie because i rate him as a player and think he doesn't deserve stupid comments about him needing to go to the gym more to get a game for Thistle.

• Like 1