Norgethistle

Sandy. It was a great goal from SOD. He took it well. As I've said before, his attacking play is at times great but he's a bombscare at the back.

Personally, I'd prefer a more traditional full back. I think with the attacking flair we have, we need it because O'Donnell's positional sense is rotten. If you look back at the goals we have lost, SOD has been posted missing for a good few. On balance, he's also created/scored a few.

Not sure what is to be proved wrong? It's a personal preference. Personally I'm not too fussed if he goes in the summer. Others will.no doubt disagree.

I'm more concerned that you logged into the forum for that. Seems a tad odd. Almost creepy.like when you tweeted the same thing to me a few months back after the County game? The one you weren't at. Weird.

One thing that SOD does well is covering the centreback positions. I know he sold a goal from that position the other week but that's very much an exception. He gets very quickly across to cover. Other fullbacks are probably just as good if not better cover at centreback but if they can't get there quick enough it's academic.

If you look at surely without doubt his two best goals for us (v Pars and v United) they have something in common, apart from being tremendous goals. I think I'm correct in saying he was playing right mid in the former game and certainly on Saturday he was in that position with Higgy at right back during the lead up.

Don't quite agree with La S R and would definitely have wanted to see SOD stay with us. The compromise would be play him at right back against more stuffy sides like Dundee, St J, County etc. Play him at right mid in games where we have to play a bit cagier. A bit like where Archie prefers Christie to Lawless. His pace, as we saw at Tannadice, could trouble the best of defenders.

I don't know if a move to Dundee United is a done deal or not but I think he would interest a few bigger clubs down south, as a squad player at least.