Norgethistle

Disagree with you on that one.

Have a look at the Jukebox Rebel's wonderful stuff - we are very close to setting a club record for incompetence in the winning two games in a row stakes at the top level.

Honestly, is there really an excuse?

We haven't even won 2 out of 3 league games in a row this season, so it feels like an odd thing to dwell on. At least we've been consistently inconsistent.

I think outwith the top four (now Hamilton have lost their spirit) every team can beat every team quite easily. So it draws frustrations. If we win two in a row it gives us breathing space to have bad runs like we were just on and not have to panic.

At the moment it is not important but I think it is an important physiological barrier for the team to get over. If it ever comes to it I would like the reassurance that we can win a couple in a row.

But I agree with your post in general. Nobody can have complaints about the season overall so far and I guess every club in the bottom six thinks their team deserves more.

I was thinking much the same thing, except I would only exclude the top 2.

Disagree with you on that one.

Have a look at the Jukebox Rebel's wonderful stuff - we are very close to setting a club record for incompetence in the winning two games in a row stakes at the top level.

Honestly, is there really an excuse?

No excuse needed. As I say, it's just a statistic. this season we've had six chances to win a second game in a row. We've failed to do so. But for a team that generally wins one in four, it's not exactly amazing, is it?

Even after an excellent result like today the forum is still plagued by the usual malcontents. They would rather point out the flaws or have a petty dig at the team & manager rather than be pleased about the performance and result.

They won't sour my mood, the reality is I am starting to feel pity for them rather than contempt.

Just back from Tannadice , thought we were brilliant today , Archie picked the right team today with energy and pace throughout the team with Lawless and Higgy being our outlets to create. Thought Craigen , Banzo and Abdul totally bossed the midfield and what a goal SOD scored against his " new team " . Never saw that result coming after last weeks shambles, hopefully we can now kick on and move further away from the relegation zone.

Good win today but what impressed me the most was the manner of the win.

The manager wanted a positive reaction from his players and he certainly got that. We started firmly on the front foot and pretty much bossed the first half. SOD's goal, with his left foot if you don't mind, was a belter and we got a rare touch of good fortune at the second.

Start of the second half was going to be really important. Thistle simply continued from where they left off at half time and took charge for the first 20 minutes or so.

Thought we lost a wee bit after Higginbotham and Taylor went off and United did miss two glaring chances but this win, for me, answers a lot of questions about the mentality of the players and answers those questions in a positive fashion.

Not a single failure and this was a controlled, physically strong and brave performance from the players. Absolutely delighted for them and for Archie.

• Like 1

Don't think we will get anything against United so a minimum of 4 is required against County, though who would be surprised if we lost both County games but beat Dundee Und!!

Well let's hope I don't get the hat trick next week. Fantastic result, seems we are not the Hibs of last season!! Still a bit to go yet, but if we can't take confidence from that result today, it will be very disappointing. Massive game next week. Oh yes and I haven't heard anyone mentioning that we didn't lose a goal in the first or last minutes of the game!! Great to see the defence get a shut out!

Edited by Lindau

I've always thought when Higginbotham is on the park he forces the rest of the team to up their tempo. Even when things aren't coming off for him, he still merits his place purely for rallying the team.

exact same can be said of craigen imo. never hid, always looking for the ball, was a vital link in team today both vocally and in movement, always thought he was under rated by too many fellow jags fans, perhaps today some changed their minds?

"Our manager needs a reality check. His players just aren't as good as he thinks they are"

"Manager is ridiculously over-rated!"

"Manager is crap"

http://boards.footym...&mid=2110207784

Pleasing :)

it felt like i was reading wat ross county match thread from last weekend!!

"players need to take a long hard look at themselves"

"Why wait until last 15 minutes before trying to change it. Think teams know and have sussed us out now we don't have plan B

"So it's not the managers fault we are losing an average of 2 goals a game?"

"there is certainly somethin up the phuckin creek ATM."

"imagine 5 yrs from now and we are in hibs position selling all our best players at once and replacing them with the likes of dixon ( Robertson). Gms ( muirhead) Armstrong (arnier) Gauld(telfer) I know different positions but the the direction of travel isn't good who do we replace ciftci with maybe John Baird. "

"we have in McNamara a very poor manager with little ideas on how to motivate players and for some reason sticks to a failing system. His arrogance is unbelievable. FFS McNamara ditch this pathetic 4231 pish and get some wide players on that pitch. That game today was calling out for Connolly and you put that fkn diddy Anier on. Sums you up Jackie. Useless pap.

"Wonder how the happy clapping seals are gonna defend the baldy Judas now."

"Killie. St johnstone .. Partick all were on horrific runs of form all 3 have waltzed off with full points and the worrying thing they didn't have to do much to earn them every goal we have conceded in those games were all gifted to them they must have all been very low on confidence the manager should have us fired upto take advantage he has not "

"You could probably count on one hand our actuall good performaces this season. We have been horrible away from home and most home games have been unejoyable imo, which is where alot of negativity has stemmed from."

"Not one player other than ciftci wanted the ball the day, time for this team to man the f uck up "

"To me we have a manager who tinkers to much with selections. Pity he wouldn't do the same with his formations? 4231, The three behind the one are "supposed to interchange" more like rabbits caught in the headlights."

Even after an excellent result like today the forum is still plagued by the usual malcontents. They would rather point out the flaws or have a petty dig at the team & manager rather than be pleased about the performance and result.

They won't sour my mood, the reality is I am starting to feel pity for them rather than contempt.

exactly. tonight is a night to be happy, celebrate, enjoy the result. today we saw a much improved performance, archie and players done well,

win we might, draw we might, lose we might even do next saturday. worry not about it tonight,

That's what I love about supporting Thistle, is the Jags beating Dundee Utd is hardly going to shake up the SPFL but nevertheless its like manna from heaven for us. Supporting Thistle is like this, you go through the grime and when the sun shines on us you feel brilliant for the rest of the week. I'd much have this than winning every game. Long live the unpredictable, bizarre, stupidity called the Partick Thistle. What a night I'm having !

• Like 2

exact same can be said of craigen imo. never hid, always looking for the ball, was a vital link in team today both vocally and in movement, always thought he was under rated by too many fellow jags fans, perhaps today some changed their minds?

it felt like i was reading wat ross county match thread from last weekend!!

"players need to take a long hard look at themselves"

"Why wait until last 15 minutes before trying to change it. Think teams know and have sussed us out now we don't have plan B

"So it's not the managers fault we are losing an average of 2 goals a game?"

"there is certainly somethin up the phuckin creek ATM."

"imagine 5 yrs from now and we are in hibs position selling all our best players at once and replacing them with the likes of dixon ( Robertson). Gms ( muirhead) Armstrong (arnier) Gauld(telfer) I know different positions but the the direction of travel isn't good who do we replace ciftci with maybe John Baird. "

"we have in McNamara a very poor manager with little ideas on how to motivate players and for some reason sticks to a failing system. His arrogance is unbelievable. FFS McNamara ditch this pathetic 4231 pish and get some wide players on that pitch. That game today was calling out for Connolly and you put that fkn diddy Anier on. Sums you up Jackie. Useless pap.

"Wonder how the happy clapping seals are gonna defend the baldy Judas now."

"Killie. St johnstone .. Partick all were on horrific runs of form all 3 have waltzed off with full points and the worrying thing they didn't have to do much to earn them every goal we have conceded in those games were all gifted to them they must have all been very low on confidence the manager should have us fired upto take advantage he has not "

"You could probably count on one hand our actuall good performaces this season. We have been horrible away from home and most home games have been unejoyable imo, which is where alot of negativity has stemmed from."

"Not one player other than ciftci wanted the ball the day, time for this team to man the f uck up "

"To me we have a manager who tinkers to much with selections. Pity he wouldn't do the same with his formations? 4231, The three behind the one are "supposed to interchange" more like rabbits caught in the headlights."

Anything rotten at the core of their club?

So good to get that win today team been missing lawless link up play and Higgys drive. After last week I thought we were ****** to be honest. Shame all those ******* under us won ! On a good note we are only 6 points behind killie hopefully we can pick up some points next few weeks and drag them below us

That's what I love about supporting Thistle, is the Jags beating Dundee Utd is hardly going to shake up the SPFL but nevertheless its like manna from heaven for us. Supporting Thistle is like this, you go through the grime and when the sun shines on us you feel brilliant for the rest of the week. I'd much have this than winning every game. Long live the unpredictable, bizarre, stupidity called the Partick Thistle. What a night I'm having !

every time I take thistle on ma copoun they lose didn't take them today and won. Never taking them again