Norgethistle

MASSIVE WIN ,given today's results , sounded like a terrific performance. HOW ABOUT TO FECKIN WINS IN A ROW NOW??????

Before today I'd have taken a draw and we'd all have been worried after the bottom three all winning - no one saw that coming. But the win keeps the gap open and means we get full value for the result. We get a boost of confidence both for the result and the fact we haven't been hauled back. Need to keep it going though - especially next week when our game in hand comes up and make it worth having.

Great result - well done to all involved.

And GIRUY to those who gave me grief for suggesting Stevenson be dropped from starting 11.

col grow the hell up. The issue is you have a grudge against Stevenson was what it was about. You blamed him for the recent defeats and you blamed him for unrest at the club because he didn't happen to go to the Christmas night out in Dublin - which was ridiculous. Even now we get a win today and your still looking to have a go at him - unbelievable

col grow the hell up. The issue is you have a grudge against Stevenson was what it was about. You blamed him for the recent defeats and you blamed him for unrest at the club because he didn't happen to go to the Christmas night out in Dublin - which was ridiculous. Even now we get a win today and your still looking to have a go at him - unbelievable

I'm not having a go at him - I'm having a go at those who criticised me for expressing an opinion that didn't agree with the majority (how date I). . It's not his sole fault that we lost the last few games. But Archie clearly thought we had a better chance today without him.

And so it came to pass.

I have been a critic of Archie and was one of the ones saying he should walk away after last week. I am pleased to say that today he got everything spot on to the personel he selected and also to the way he set the team up. so credit to him as I slated him when he got it wrong last week but will praise him when he got it right this week.

Hopefully he can learn from the mistakes he makes and we can get another few victories in the coming weeks to cemente our place in this league.

Great performance from the team and staff today.

I'm not getting carried away, and still big questions marks have to hang over Archie.

How many times have people come on this forum and praised him after a victory, only for us to lose again the following weeks?

Hopefully this is the start of the turnaround, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like 1

I don't understand the thinking behind people complaining about us winning one week, then losing the next or complaining that we never win 2 in a row. If we win twice consecutively then great, but how can anyone expect it?

What difference does it actually make to our season whether the points are spread out or clustered? Absolutely none.

We're 9th, we're effectively 8 points from safety and we've just arrested a slump with an excellent away result and performance. I'd rather concentrate on the positives than bitterly complain about something that is basically meaningless.

Edited by Juan Carlos I

I don't understand the thinking behind people complaining about us winning one week, then losing the next or complaining that we never win 2 in a row. If we win twice consecutively then great, but how can anyone expect it?

What difference does it actually make to our season whether the points are spread out or clustered? Absolutely none.

We're 9th, we're effectively 8 points from safety and we've just arrested a slump with an excellent away result and performance. I'd rather concentrate on the positives than bitterly complain about something that is basically meaningless.

My point wasn't complaining it was pointing out that we don't so the next home game becomes vital

I think outwith the top four (now Hamilton have lost their spirit) every team can beat every team quite easily. So it draws frustrations. If we win two in a row it gives us breathing space to have bad runs like we were just on and not have to panic.

At the moment it is not important but I think it is an important physiological barrier for the team to get over. If it ever comes to it I would like the reassurance that we can win a couple in a row.

But I agree with your post in general. Nobody can have complaints about the season overall so far and I guess every club in the bottom six thinks their team deserves more.

Not winning twice in a row is just a coincidental statistic. Football is full of them. Since promotion we've won 16 out of 64 games. 1 in 4. It's surprising that we haven't win two in a row out of that, but not that amazing and I don't think there's anything in it.

Disagree with you on that one.

Have a look at the Jukebox Rebel's wonderful stuff - we are very close to setting a club record for incompetence in the winning two games in a row stakes at the top level.

Honestly, is there really an excuse?