Norgethistle

Ciftci might be suspended - he's always a threat, so that would be nice... Not sure how it works though as he's been 'offered' a ban for hitting someone or something. Didn't read it fully, so could be a load of cobblers...

If he accepts it then he will miss our game and another (always come into effect immediately). United may reject the decision, which means he will play our game most likely, given the time of week we are at. It was a clear elbow 'Goodwin' style so I think he will accept it.

EDIT: just noticed they have rejected it. So he will play against us. Crazy as this means he may miss the League Cup Final vs Celtic rather than one game vs us and a scottish cup quarter final vs Celtic. Brave move.

Edited by read'n'yell

Despite our current harnful run, we should be heading up there with some confidence and positivity. As others have said, they've lost 2 of their best performers, and clearly that has had a detrimental effect on thier form. They dug out a good draw with caley after going down to 10 men last weekend. However, we managed a noteable draw against them with a much depleted team in january and on our last visit up there they won with a late penalty which saw us finish the game with 10 men.

I'd maybe go:

Gallacher

Finnie --- Frans --- Seaborne --- Booth

Osman

Lawless --- Craigen ------- Higginbotham

v---------- Stevenson ---------------v

----------Taylor

Basalaj, Balatoni, Fraser/Bannigan, O'donnel, Elliot, McDaid, Doolan.

... I'm thinking with ATS long gone and O'donnel possibly heading for the door. Maybe it's time to try and get a more solid flat back 4? Lawless and Higgy can provide suficient width and speed, and probably more likely to deliver better balls inot the box. Dunno much about Finnie, but we gotta see him sometime and our backline has not been settled all season anyhoo. Given last weeks efforts Craigen definetly deserves another start.

But... Ach... whadooeyeknow?

Moan eh Feeeeeesell!!! .... I fookin need it!!!

:fan:

Hearing Seaborne is out for tomorrow's game so a (welcome) return for Balatoni. I don't particularly rate Frans very highly at all and tend to think our strongest pairing would be Seaborne and Balatoni so hoping the latter impresses. Would like to see Lawless return but not very hopeful of that. Trying to reignite the partnership that flourished last year between Higginibotham and Taylor would be a good idea, and will likely happen if Christie doesn't make it.

Would be very "Thistle" to get a result tomorrow. I live in hope...

Seaborne has to have some sort of psychological issue with injury, nobody gets injured with the frequency he does. Frans/Seaborne looked shakey at the weekend but this was because they were dragged all over the shop - getting little defensive cover from the holding midfielders or wingers. This was compounded when Elliot moved to LB, a noticeable shift in Seaborne's position to cover left, resulted in Frans covering too much of the central area and exposing O'Donnell to attacks down our right side. I don't blame our centre backs at all for last week (except when Seaborne gave away the penalty but this was out of pure frustration at the teams performance I think - still captains should know better).

Can we have Stevenson as captain again, I think his desire and willingness to work for the team could spur on his team mates. Also he has a much more influential role in the game and a leader higher up the park is what we need,

Only way to win tomorrow is to play them at their own game, attack in numbers and defend in numbers, midfield is simply there to quickly move the ball from defence to attack. No more aimless sideways possession

• Members

I don't think Seaborne was fully fit last week. He was one of two doubtful before the game along with Bannigan. Was surprised to see him start ahead of Stuart who has a good reputation of returning quickly from injury. I suspect Archie was forced into playing them both last week in a bid to win the points and distance us from Ross and it backfired spectacularly. I'd rather see them both rested for this game and hope they are fully fit for the midweek game.

After initially being impressed with Frans, I've gone off him a bit during the recent poor run. He looks to me like he needs a good pre-season with the squad.

I'd rather see them both rested for this game and hope they are fully fit for the midweek game..

thought my memory was getting bad for a millisecond there.

our next midweek game is not until 8th april.

so unless seaborne and Banzo have developed welshitis .....

hmmm, lost his memory young master willjag has, how embarrassing, how embarrassing.

http://youtu.be/ww2iVejlRww

:crazy:

• Members

thought my memory was getting bad for a millisecond there.

our next midweek game is not until 8th april.

so unless seaborne and Banzo have developed welshitis .....

hmmm, lost his memory young master willjag has, how embarrassing, how embarrassing.

:crazy:

In my defence, I thought the game had been re-arranged for midweek and didn't check!!!

Had a dream last night we were playing Dundee Utd, in the first half Abdul Osman scored a wonder goal from a solo effort and in the second half yours truly added another from outside the box with my left foot, slight deflection but reckon it should still be mine. We were defo 2-0 up after 60 odd minutes but then a jumble sale of second hand VHS tapes broke out in the penalty box much to Gallachers annoyance and then the missus woke me up. Surely this can only be a good omen. Not sure why I bought gladiators on VHS when I have on blu ray though...

• Like 1

Had a dream last night we were playing Dundee Utd, in the first half Abdul Osman scored a wonder goal from a solo effort and in the second half yours truly added another from outside the box with my left foot, slight deflection but reckon it should still be mine. We were defo 2-0 up after 60 odd minutes but then a jumble sale of second hand VHS tapes broke out in the penalty box much to Gallachers annoyance and then the missus woke me up. Surely this can only be a good omen. Not sure why I bought gladiators on VHS when I have on blu ray though...

Eating cheese before bedtime is never a good idea

I'll be making the trip to Tannadice ST in my back pocket

Edited by Blues Brother