County Game

Highlandjag

But think of those exciting games against Rangers next season.

Some on here won't be able to contain themselves with excitement.

Personally i think Thistle will still stay up and personally i think you gave up on this team a long time ago.

What, even more obsessed topics about Rangers on a Thistle forum?

I will enjoy that :crazy:

• Like 1

Has the fight left the team and supporters ?

this thread has an air of resignation about it. :unsure:

Ive been to about 70% of our games this season and seen us win twice.The amount of games where we dont even have a decent shot on target is unbelivable.We've been p1sh to watch since the end of October.The Ross cunty game at Firhill was a low point , a real " we dont give a feck from the players".

I know Archie's style isn't to bawl and shout but I'd like to hear some sort of rallying call to the players and fans to put a bit of faith and belief back into the support that this squad is going to go out and give everything until the end of the season .

Difficult for any Jags fan to say due to not having a viewing angle. Archie I heard isn't complaining about the decision and he'd have had a perfect view. Call it stupidity/red mist but tackling from behind with any pace is always likely to end up in a caution at least. And like Bannigan at Parkhead the sending off occurred in a safe area of the pitch. Btw even assuming the ref got that one right I thought he was poor. Not from decision making, tho' County should've got at least another yellow from a consistency aspect, but he seemed to be too easily bullied. Also the three yellows we picked up after the red were in no way reckless and no loss of discipline. Just a case of ten men chasing a game.

This was one of those games where you wonder if the referee has some dislike of certain players: certainly, Lawless must have come off black and blue, and Taylor wasn't faring much better. That may explain Higginbotham's behaviour, although it doesn't excuse it. And the playacting of the various dying Ross County players (all of whom were running about gaily after a minute or so) wouldn't have convinced anyone used to judging amateur dramatics.

When we have a corner could we let someone take it who might have the ability to actually clear the first defender with the ball.

Also, could someone introduce Higgy and Stevo to the notion of a cut back from the bye line to a teammate or even a low hard cross into the 6 yd box where there's a chance of a deflection into the net. Both have been guilty in recent weeks of wasting golden opportunities by driving the ball into the side netting instantly taking the pressure of the opposition.

Been saying this for weeks. Really does my head in.

We seem to struggle so badly against pish teams that just lump the ball up the park. What's going on with this? Is it the inability to win high balls? Not being quick enough to balls in the midfield?

Just back from a long weekend up in Inverness. My opinions on the game. Thought Higgy's red card was harsh, stupid tackle in a non dangerous part of the pitch, but a straight red? Not for me. We sat in the hotel yesterday and watched the Dunde Und game and there were worse tackles in that game that went unpunished. As for the people saying the players have chucked it, they obviously weren't there. There was plenty of effort from all the players, especially when we went down to 10 men. He is a young boy learning his trade but young Keenan is going to have to learn quickly to be more aware about what is going on about him and I blame him for the goal. Other than that he had a half decent game. Was very impressed with Wilson when he came on. Signs are promising for the years ahead with young players now beginning to force their way into the squad. I did state before the first Ross Co game that it would be no surprise if we lost both games to them and beat Dundee Und and that's exactly what has happened.....sadly it's just typical Thistle! I have written off the two away games left but we really need at least 6 points from our three home games before the split, just to give a bit of breathing space. The two Motherwell games left could be very vital, especially the first one.

Edited by Lindau

This season has been so tough to watch because we seem to lose so many games that we shouldn't, lose critial late goals and it never seems to work the other way. Incosistency has been so frustrating. To be honest I'll be glad to see the back of this season and I just hope that we get out of it with our place retained (which we really should). Unfortunately I think that's a feeling that pervades through the whole club at the moment.

But anyone who says they've given up and resigned to themselves to relegation while we're 6 points clear with 10 games left can, as far as I'm concerned, phek right off and not come back.

• Like 5

This season has been so tough to watch because we seem to lose so many games that we shouldn't, lose critial late goals and it never seems to work the other way. Incosistency has been so frustrating. To be honest I'll be glad to see the back of this season and I just hope that we get out of it with our place retained (which we really should). Unfortunately I think that's a feeling that pervades through the whole club at the moment.

But anyone who says they've given up and resigned to themselves to relegation while we're 6 points clear with 10 games left can, as far as I'm concerned, phek right off and not come back.

Strongly agree with all of that. Plus, our cushion should really be regarded as +1 more point just now given that our GD is over 20 goals better than those chasing us.

Well I'll be at my first (and only) game of the season on Saturday, so there had damned well better be some fight in the team. But I mean positive fighting spirit, not destructive petulance of the kind we've seen in Bannigan, Seabourne and Higginbotham when things aren't going according to plan.

So should we have back issues on SITB on hand for you to buy as well as the new issue?