Celtic Vs Partick Thistle - Wednesday 8 April

jagfox

Oh well as Archie said anything we get off celtic is a bonus, the big match is saturday.

Still +1 goal difference - how crucial could that turnout to be ? thats as good as another point

It'll turn out to be pretty useless if we lose on Saturday.

Didn't expect anything tonight to be fair.

Would have been nice to have assured safety before the split, but here comes another Jags endurance experience!!!!

Got to take a moderate defeat , speaks volumes for our defense which appears to be improving at last, I think we will get the 3 points on Saturday, I will be there to will the lads on, and hoping for a biggish crowd, hope our support turns up for it , lets hear it for the Jags !!

It'll turnout to be pretty useful if we finish on same points as County and/or Well

It certainly would, no contest.

Though at the risk of being called a knickerwetter, a malcontent or having a dig a the team, I would consider it rather hollow, although acceptable, if that was the manner in which we secured our status this season.

Edited by Barney Rubble

It certainly would, no contest.

Though at the risk of being called a knickerwetter, a malcontent or having a dig a the team, I would consider it rather hollow, although acceptable, if that was the manner in which we secured our status this season.

Yep, definitely would have your best ever **** if Thistle go down, you knickerwetting malconteted troll!

• Like 1

Okay, that's the Sellick game out the way with the expected result.

Time to concentrate on the really important one on Saturday.

FWIW, I think we'll really miss Craigen as he's come on to a really good game recently.

IMO, if you stop Ainsworth you stop Mothetwell. And their defence is a bit shakey too.

Two in-form clubs meeting in a meaningful crucial game.

It's got nil nil written all over it!!!

Just back from Porkheid. Could have been 3 down in the first 10 minutes but weathered the storm and the Sellik fans around me were getting seriously disgruntled before the penalty right on half time. No doubts it was a penalty and probably a sending off, but I have never agreed with the double penalty scenario giving a penalty and a sending off. IMO a penalty should be awarded and if missed at the next available time the player should be sent off. Still we played well without creating a hell of a lot. Might have been different if we had just managed to scrape into half time. No failures in the team and in Gerry Collins speak, everybody put a shift in. Thought Callum Booth played really well and I would be delighted to see him on a contract next season. Happy enough with the guys efforts tonight

Our truly dismal record against the two erse cheeks just doesn't look like it will ever stop. It must be the worst of any other SPFL team over the last 20-30 meetings against them.

Ah well, the really important part of the season now starts on Saturday. Craigen has been playing well, the defence too. So for Archie it's who replaces Craigen and who plays up front, I guess.

ETA: Sounds like Balatoni had another excellent game.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Our truly dismal record against the two erse cheeks just doesn't look like it will ever stop. It must be the worst of any other SPFL team over the last 20-30 meetings against them.

Ah well, the really important part of the season now starts on Saturday. Craigen has been playing well, the defence too. So for Archie it's who replaces Craigen and who plays up front, I guess.

ETA: Sounds like Balatoni had another excellent game.

Balatoni was excellent Jagger as was Frans. Defence really is looking very solid at the moment!

Oh god, kiss of death for Saturday then. Thanks!

Motherwell are scoring goals for fun at the moment, so they will be well tested. In reality, it's a must win game for Motherwell, if they get beat they are gonna struggle to overtake us, whereas if we get beat we are still above them with 5 to go.

Just back from Porkheid. Could have been 3 down in the first 10 minutes but weathered the storm and the Sellik fans around me were getting seriously disgruntled before the penalty right on half time. No doubts it was a penalty and probably a sending off, but I have never agreed with the double penalty scenario giving a penalty and a sending off. IMO a penalty should be awarded and if missed at the next available time the player should be sent off. Still we played well without creating a hell of a lot. Might have been different if we had just managed to scrape into half time. No failures in the team and in Gerry Collins speak, everybody put a shift in. Thought Callum Booth played really well and I would be delighted to see him on a contract next season. Happy enough with the guys efforts tonight

Really a triple penalty as the player also finds himself suspended,

• Like 1

With Craigen now suspended, I'd be tempted to out Stevo in MF Saturday.

Taylor up top & go with other 10.

Last night went as expected. No complaints about pen, red card, performance & result.

On to Saturday. Biggest game we've had in a long time.

Call me a sceptic but a defeat & I think we'll struggle to stay up.

I'd take a point just now.

Interesting suggestion about penalty and sending-off. But possible complications: if a team was 4-0 up with 10 mins left, should they allow the opposition to score from the penalty and therefore keep the player on the park and for the next game? If he's a key player for the next game and it's 0-0 in the last minute.... what should they do?

Actually, I like the idea!

Interesting suggestion about penalty and sending-off. But possible complications: if a team was 4-0 up with 10 mins left, should they allow the opposition to score from the penalty and therefore keep the player on the park and for the next game? If he's a key player for the next game and it's 0-0 in the last minute.... what should they do?

Actually, I like the idea!

Yeah, it's a interesting point Jagger. I just feel the punishment is far too harsh. As M'Lady rightly points out its really a triple whammy with the penalty, sending off and suspension. Thought James was unlucky, he was inches away from getting the ball. See Archie is saying something similar in the papers this morning about the harshness off these scenario's