86 members have voted

1. 1. player of the year for 2015

• Stevenson
    • O'Donnell
    • Osman
    • Bannigan
    • Lawless
    • Balatoni

I've voted for Stuart Bannigan. I reckon his poor spell was overstated, and when he's good he's very good, and I still think that he's the most important player we have in terms of dictating how we play.

However I reckon Osman, SOD and Stevie Lawless would be very worthy winners. Ryan Stevenson as a maybe.

banzo by a whisker over ossy.

when ossy has been on his game, we've looked good.

when banzo has been on his game, we've done good.

ossy is a rock, but as allyo notes, banzo has been the one who has been the real engine and driver to how we play and how well we play. agree too his poor spell was overstated, as many around him at that time weren't looking on top of their game either.

as for other four nominees, lawless third, and then stevo, sod and conrad on a par,

A couple of months where he did very little? Did you not just vote for Ryan Stevenson?

Yeh, I did mention Stevenson is new to the team and was played out of position up front when he arrived - he isn't a striker. Although he didn't have the best starts, I think his form at the beginning wasn't as bad as some made out. I said from the first couple of times I saw him that he would turn out good. The team as a whole actually played quite well at the start of the season when he was up top.

To be honest I think every player has had poor spells this season and the only one who's poor spell was very short (perhaps more down to the team) is Osman. Which I guess is why he is winning the poll comfortably.

Anyway, this season more than any year I can recall, I would struggle to pick a top player. It has been a team effort, which is what we all want.

Yeh, I did mention Stevenson is new to the team and was played out of position up front when he arrived - he isn't a striker. Although he didn't have the best starts, I think his form at the beginning wasn't as bad as some made out. I said from the first couple of times I saw him that he would turn out good. The team as a whole actually played quite well at the start of the season when he was up top.

To be honest I think every player has had poor spells this season and the only one who's poor spell was very short (perhaps more down to the team) is Osman. Which I guess is why he is winning the poll comfortably.

Anyway, this season more than any year I can recall, I would struggle to pick a top player. It has been a team effort, which is what we all want.

You're right, every player has had a poor spell. Consistently inconsistent - it's the Thistle way!

I would always go for players with a bit of flair so it's Stephen O'Donnell for me. His galloping runs down the right flank and his sometimes eccentric crosses have added to the entertainment value this season. Two very good goals against Ross & Motherwell at Firhill with goal of the season at Tannadice. He turned down the chance to move and has been excellent since.

Honourable mentions to Stevie Lawless who has been consistently good and to Stuart Bannigan who apart fom some needless challenges and the form slump which afflicted the entire midfield for a few weeks has contolled games with a maturity beyond his years.

Big Osman has done well as midfield anchor but was missing in action with the rest of the midfield when our form and probably not coincidentally the Firhill pitch were at their worst. A bit slow in moving the ball on at times and heads the ball rather than bringing it down so not a contender for PoY for me.

I'm afraid I haven't seen the attributes others have in Stevenson - he is the player I have groaned most in frustration at this season.

Your really not prepared to give Stevenson a break at all are you?

You are one of the ones who was calling for him to be sacked in September weren't you - so much for giving a player a chance.

He got off to a slow start but you couldnt seem to wait to brand him lazy, unfit, not interested etc. While he didnt get off to the the best of starts there was nothing wrong with his performance in the opening game against County where he set up a goal, or against Dundee or against ICT where he set up another goal.

It can take time for a player to settle into a new club, ie Higgy last season but again no benefit of the doubt for Stevenson.

With regards to lazy and unfit why then did Archie say he is the first to training and the last to leave, constantly working on areas of his game he wishes to improve.

Why if he is so disinterested and causing disharmony have we had Archie (again) and additionally guys like Craigen and McDaid say how good an influence he is and James and Declan stating how helpful he has been in helping them and passing on knowledge.

As everyone else has pointed out nearly all of our players have been off form at some points for a couple of months during the season ie Osman, Bannigan, SOD, Lawless, Craigen etc but with your view you would think it is only Stevenson.

If you had asked me at the begining of the season who would be the players to make the biggest impact this season I would have said along with Stevenson, Higgy and gary Fraser especially considering the way they had finished the season last year. Going by your reckoning therefore people would have been entitled to have been as frustrated with them than Stevenson. However the other way to look at it is, while they havent hit the heights of last season they have still played a part in keeping us up, it's about time you gave Stevenson some credit as well and actually gave him some support as a Jags player than putting him down.

He may not be player of the year but he has been nowhere near the awful player you seem to think he is

I've certainly groaned frequently in frustration at Stephen O'Donnell and actually mentioned his eccentric crossing = he is also our third top scorer and has had several assists.

I've also groaned at Higgy but he has been directly involved in three goals in our last two games at Firhill and he has produced previous moments of brilliance for us.

I've actually groaned at all of our players - that's part of a being a Thistle supporter.

Stevenson is the type of player who always might do something special but hasn't done it often enough in my view - Lyle Taylor certainly didn't look too pleased with him failing to anticipate his pass on Saturday. That was one of several occasions on Saturday, I groaned in frustration. Good header for the goal though.

Your really not prepared to give Stevenson a break at all are you?

You are one of the ones who was calling for him to be sacked in September weren't you - so much for giving a player a chance.

He got off to a slow start but you couldnt seem to wait to brand him lazy, unfit, not interested etc. While he didnt get off to the the best of starts there was nothing wrong with his performance in the opening game against County where he set up a goal, or against Dundee or against ICT where he set up another goal.

It can take time for a player to settle into a new club, ie Higgy last season but again no benefit of the doubt for Stevenson.

With regards to lazy and unfit why then did Archie say he is the first to training and the last to leave, constantly working on areas of his game he wishes to improve.

Why if he is so disinterested and causing disharmony have we had Archie (again) and additionally guys like Craigen and McDaid say how good an influence he is and James and Declan stating how helpful he has been in helping them and passing on knowledge.

As everyone else has pointed out nearly all of our players have been off form at some points for a couple of months during the season ie Osman, Bannigan, SOD, Lawless, Craigen etc but with your view you would think it is only Stevenson.

If you had asked me at the begining of the season who would be the players to make the biggest impact this season I would have said along with Stevenson, Higgy and gary Fraser especially considering the way they had finished the season last year. Going by your reckoning therefore people would have been entitled to have been as frustrated with them than Stevenson. However the other way to look at it is, while they havent hit the heights of last season they have still played a part in keeping us up, it's about time you gave Stevenson some credit as well and actually gave him some support as a Jags player than putting him down.

He may not be player of the year but he has been nowhere near the awful player you seem to think he is

Cage rattled!

I've never called for any Thistle player to be sacked - not even Jordan McMillan. So you have just made that up.

I want every player who plays for Thistle to do well. I have questioned the role he was supposed to be playing in the side but the recent change in formation with Higgy & Lawless lying deeper seems to suit him better.

He took justifiable criticism from many supporters early in the season and Archie dropped him...and he left him out the team again after the Ross County debacle at Firhill

I don't think he has been particularly effective and find him very frustrating to watch as he often looks like he might do something special. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Edited by Winter of '63

Who's our second top scorer and how many assists does he have?

It's Ryan Stevenson - he's a forward so you expect he might score more than a full back. Not sure how many assists he's had but it's less than O'Donnell...and Lawless...and Higgy.

Not quite sure what your point is other than being deliberately argumentative....that's my role.

It's Ryan Stevenson - he's a forward so you expect he might score more than a full back. Not sure how many assists he's had but it's less than O'Donnell...and Lawless...and Higgy.

Not quite sure what your point is other than being deliberately argumentative....that's my role.

if your not sure of how many assists he has had how can you say he has scored less than the others?

Ross county first game of the season, first home gave Inverness, away game of season against ICT set up Fraser for third, set up craigen against Dundee, Dools first against accies, and perhaps Dools against Dundee united. There may have been others can't remember. I'm sure lawless has assisted more don't know about other 2

Cage rattled!

I've never called for any Thistle player to be sacked - not even Jordan McMillan. So you have just made that up.

I want every player who plays for Thistle to do well. I have questioned the role he was supposed to be playing in the side but the recent change in formation with Higgy & Lawless lying deeper seems to suit him better.

He took justifiable criticism from many supporters early in the season and Archie dropped him...and he left him out the team again after the Ross County debacle at Firhill

I don't think he has been particularly effective and find him very frustrating to watch as he often looks like he might do something special. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

taylor is a great player but your remark of Stevenson not busting a gut for that cross could also be labelled against Taylor on a couple of occasions when he clearly hasn't either, could be aimed at higgy.

Archie has dropped plenty of players throughout the season again why single Stevenson out especially when many have been dropped a lot more than he has.

Your point that he looks like he could do something special but doesn't again could be labelled at half the team at different times - higgy, Fraser, seaborne etc

I was over the moon we signed Stevenson, then saw him play and was shocked at how poor he was, then he got himself up to full fitness, from that moment I've loved watching him play.

He has an incredible first touch, great in the air and has a nonchalant swagger about him that I love to see.

Over the moon we took the gamble and gave him a long term contract. Archie saw something in him, that he would add something to the team. I don't doubt for a second it was a great signing.

• Like 2

taylor is a great player but your remark of Stevenson not busting a gut for that cross could also be labelled against Taylor on a couple of occasions when he clearly hasn't either, could be aimed at higgy.

Archie has dropped plenty of players throughout the season again why single Stevenson out especially when many have been dropped a lot more than he has.

Your point that he looks like he could do something special but doesn't again could be labelled at half the team at different times - higgy, Fraser, seaborne etc

I'm prepared to accept you are a big fan of Strevenson. I'm not sure why you react to any suggestion that he might have failings like a pubescent girl raging at criticism of One Direction.

He's not my player of the year.

Let's move on.

I'm prepared to accept you are a big fan of Strevenson. I'm not sure why you react to any suggestion that he might have failings like a pubescent girl raging at criticism of One Direction.

He's not my player of the year.

Let's move on.

I'm actually a big fan of partick thistle and as such support the team.

He won't be a number of peoples player of the year but unlike you they won't react with personal abuse.

If anyone is acting like a prepubescent girl it's you, you would think he had dumped you the way you snipe about him

Grow up

Edited by Third Lanark

Elsewhere a Jags player winning awards http://www.dafc.co.u...rophies&ID=8470

That's great news. I wonder if he is ready to take over as Number one at Firhill?

Also, it seems that the majority of the players we have loaned out this season have done very well. Unfortunately Chris Duggan picked up injuries during his spells with both Queens Park and Dumbarton, so neither of them got to see his full potential.

bit of a strange quote, maybe he was mis-quoted?

"At Partick Thistle you lose fans who go and support Celtic and Rangers but at Dunfermline it is one community and everyone is a Dunfermline supporter"

He probably means 'in Glasgow'.

That's great news. I wonder if he is ready to take over as Number one at Firhill?

Also, it seems that the majority of the players we have loaned out this season have done very well. Unfortunately Chris Duggan picked up injuries during his spells with both Queens Park and Dumbarton, so neither of them got to see his full potential.

Said before I wouldn't be surprised to see Scully loaned out to a 2nd tier club next season as I can't see him return to the Pars.

I've only seen him play the once apart from on the telly but I know a couple of Pars fans who attend games regularly. One of them by sheer coincidence has been a goalie coach, albeit at kids level, but I'm sure he knows his stuff. Both agree he's an excellent shot stopper but has one major fault, his distribution. Looked that way to me the other week as well. I know that Hinchy, Gallacher and Goram (Pars coach) all rate Ryan highly.

Btw I see young Jordan Leyden played about 75mins for East Fife tonight. I know he's been playing regularly but these play offs are high pressure games. Not that it means much these days but the guy he was preferred to till the last quarter of an hour was Derek Riordan.