5 Of The Best....king Archie!

Lindau

1. Partick Thistle 1-0 Morton (10/4/2013)

2. Hearts 2-4 Partick Thistle (7/5/2014)

3. Partick Thistle 2-0 Motherwell (11/4/2015)

4. Queen of the South 1-1 (6-5) Partick Thistle (7/4/2013)

5. Kilmarnock 1-2 Partick Thistle (19/4/2014)

One loss in there, but I loved seeing us in a cup final - even if it was only the Ramsdens Cup. A superb day out. Honourable mentions would go to the 3-1 win vs. Aberdeen and the 2-1 win at Ross County recently.

I don't think I could list a top five and I'm not too sure what the criteria is. There's games where we've simply played brilliantly but there's not that much pressure on getting a result. Like away to ICT (4-0) and United (2-0). Then there's been matches where the result has been all important. One's where we've not been that entertaining but done the job like home to Morton (1-0), recent wins at home to 'Well and away to County.

Got to agree with the blog that both the Hearts (4-2) and the Aberdeen (3-1) for sheer importance have to be included. I'd include the Morton (1-0). Our opponents froze that night and tho' we didn't play with our usual flair we did everything asked of us on an occasion where it would've understandable to let it get to us. Might as well play along and add another two. I'll just go for performance and nothing else. ICT away (4-0) and after losing the first goal ICT home (3-1).

Morton 1-0

Aberdeen 3-1

Hearts 4-2

ICT 3-1

ICT 4-0

Can't argue with any in the list and nor would I want to. I would add the Airdrie game at New Broomfield ('Who put the ball in the Airdrie net? Christie, Christie' game) in there as it was so intense. Playing really poorly, a goal down and then out of nowhere we did the business. The feeling in the crowd and on the pitch when Elliot's show hit the back of the net was chust sublime.

Can't argue with any in the list and nor would I want to. I would add the Airdrie game at New Broomfield ('Who put the ball in the Airdrie net? Christie, Christie' game) in there as it was so intense. Playing really poorly, a goal down and then out of nowhere we did the business. The feeling in the crowd and on the pitch when Elliot's show hit the back of the net was chust sublime.

Good shout but in a way backs up a point I made about the Morton game preceding that one. At Airdrie we allowed nerves to get the better of us, whereas against Morton we were in more control of the occasion. Plastic pitch wouldn't have helped mind you. But the old adage about champions grinding out results when playing poorly was rarely more apt. I don't know if there's any footage but Foxy's isolated celebration after Christie's goal was brilliant.

Another important point about the Morton game is that we had played in a cup final 3 days before it. A game which went to extra time plus penalties and must have really drained the players mentally and physically. To put in such a solid performance against our main challengers for the league was an immense achievement, especially considering that they had already taken 7 points off us that season.

• Like 1

Not sure how anybody's list could fail to include the Morton and Airdrie games. Admittedly, the Airdrie game was a turgid affair but the last five minutes made up for it.

Tynecastle certainly top of the list, though.

Edited by Armand2

1) Hearts 2 - Thistle 4

2) Thisle 1 - Morton 0

3) Thistle 5 - Dunfermline 1

4) Thistle 2 - Motherwell 0

5) Queens Park 4 - Thistle 5

Last 3 seasons feature very heavily in my best Thistle supporting memories, we've been pretty appalling in my time supporting the club out with these last few years. Top 2 need no explanation, nor does 4. The Dunfermline game was the one where I really started to believe we would win the title, and the Queens Park game was one of the most enjoyable matches I've ever seen.

1) Hearts 2 - Thistle 4 2) Thisle 1 - Morton 0 3) Thistle 5 - Dunfermline 1 4) Thistle 2 - Motherwell 0 5) Queens Park 4 - Thistle 5 Last 3 seasons feature very heavily in my best Thistle supporting memories, we've been pretty appalling in my time supporting the club out with these last few years. Top 2 need no explanation, nor does 4. The Dunfermline game was the one where I really started to believe we would win the title, and the Queens Park game was one of the most enjoyable matches I've ever seen.

The 5-1 Dunfermline game and 4-5 QP game was under Jackie, but they were bloody cracking games!

The 5-1 Dunfermline game and 4-5 QP game was under Jackie, but they were bloody cracking games!

Yes, they were. Completely slipped my mind that we started that season under him! In that case, bump up the Motherwell game, have the 4-0 v County and the 3-1 v Aberdeen instead.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow