Mcmillan

Harry Wragg

Not exactly ironical as he was no doubt signed for his versatility amongst other qualities, but McMillan (the player if not person) would make a very good signing.

Even if not first choice at right back, the best of cover there, plus more than adequate covering left back. Also possibly OK as a stand in for Frans and certainly able to play in a back three, with Christie and Booth played as orthodox wing-backs.

Anyway we've probably got to accept, as DD says, bridges are burned and even if not, as Willjag points out, McMillan is facing a lengthy ban. I do tho' believe there's always an element of hypocrisy when players get turfed out a club after breaking the law of the land and/or football regulations. If Brian McLair had kung fued yon Palace fan I don't think he would've got the same degree of support from Ferguson that Cantona received. Or in similar vein (npi) would Liverpool have stood by Henoc Mukendi if he'd bitten Alex Keddie up at Gayfield? I've taken that too far, haven't I? :D

LIB has a good point about hypocrisy but I actually think the club would have kept McMillan if it was at all possible - he was an important player for us.

We still don't know the full facts and probably never will, but it definitely did seem like the club really had no option but to sack him.

Edited by ian_mac