Friendly In Eastleigh

twinny

We should not be looking at players below Conference level IMHO. Our own top junior league is better than level 8 of non league in England. Our first 4 league games look very difficult this season we must hit the ground running or we will be in big danger,hence why we need to beef up the squad with some quality pronto.also if Lindsay out with hamstring and Seaborne injured we are really going to struggle in defence.Fingers crossed I wake up in the morning and Archie announces some decent signings. You can but dream, night night.

Not quite sure why folk are getting so upset about a six minute trial appearance - calm down you absolute pant wetters.

Good game tonight. Amoo looked dangerous - very fast, always looking to beat the defender, and looks like he will be an important player (will definitely frustrate as well, but what Jags player doesn't?). Cerny also looked completely comfortable and very commanding. Highlight was seeing Welsh control the match for the first half, such a joy to see him back in action. Alabi looked poor but Miller looked like he would do a job for us.

Good turnout of Jags as well - well done to those of you who travelled down for it (as opposed to those of us who don't live too far away!).

• Like 1

We should not be looking at players below Conference level IMHO. Our own top junior league is better than level 8 of non league in England. Our first 4 league games look very difficult this season we must hit the ground running or we will be in big danger,hence why we need to beef up the squad with some quality pronto.also if Lindsay out with hamstring and Seaborne injured we are really going to struggle in defence.Fingers crossed I wake up in the morning and Archie announces some decent signings. You can but dream, night night.

How many games below Conference level have you seen? There's some gems to be had in the English non-league, and English League One and Two Clubs (including teams that are far superior to us) regularly bring in guys from that level.

And they came to us at a lower level and took a while to develop, particularly Erskine. And we had Bobby Dinnie watch them several times. Did we even know of this boy until Lyle Taylor mentioned him? His CV is muck.

Don't see the logic of having this boy in at all. Also, why bother bringing him in to give him only 6 minutes?

Taylor doesn't want to play for us this season but looks looks like he is going to scout for us haha

Charlie Austin and Chris Smalling too, as well as numerous players playing in the Championship, League One and League Two. There are some absolutely superb players playing in the Conference South and in the leagues below that as well - many of whom could easily step up to our level and probably beyond given a chance.

Jeez guys, the boy has come on trial. We haven't signed him. If he is nowhere near good enough, I'm sure that'll be quickly apparent in training and friendly games.

Are you saying that watching a player in training and friendly games is a better way to assess his abilities than doing a google search?

• Like 2

:lol:

Vardy scored an absolute barrowload and made nowhere near the initial jump this guy would be making, who has club hopped around a who's who of pub teams, terrible comparison.

And that ledt sided midfielder/full back we signed? Christie Elliott? Did tgat comparison not suit?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

I watched Non League football in England for more years than I can care to remember and they are a lot of very capable players who can take the step up they just haven't had their chance , remember it wasn't that many years ago that I seen a guy called Abdul Osman play for Maidenhead Utd . I wonder where he is playing these days

• Like 2

If Archie thinks this guy is worth a trial, that should be good enough for any Thistle fan. He's forgotten more about football than the keyboard scouting experts will ever know.

For what it's worth, the chat amongst folk at the game last night suggests that the trial was arranged by Taylor. No harm having a look at the guy to see if there's anything there.

• Like 1