Friendly In Eastleigh

twinny

I wasn't there but talking to a guy on Twitter he said Miller looked solid at right back, Amoo was very good and Welsh ran the show. he said Alabi looked well off the pace, poor movement and caught offside a few times, nothing to show he's better than Doolan. dunno who the 3rd trialist was.

Enjoyed the first half but the second half was very poor in terms of entertainment but a good workout.

Miller was good on the ball and whilst not an attacking full back he was very quick when he did go forward and tended to find himself high up the pitch often because we were well on top. Once got caught forward and burst a gut getting back.

Alabi was poor, only got a few touches and all with his back to goal before laying it off. The lay-offs weren't bad I suppose.

I liked Amoo, he got very involved and Welsh was behind most of our early good spells.

Second half we had mainly young guys playing and very little of note happened. Fraser pinged the ball about alot and we invited Eastleigh forward even though they looked dead. Lindsay seemed to get a hamstring injury and went off towards the end, hopefully just a precaution though.

from someone else on Twitter - Partick's third trialist is Terrell Miller, a 20-yr-old Montserrat internationalist. Most recently of English non-league side Kings Langley. Some folk we're turning their noses up at Sutton and Graham, if this is the level we're stooping to i'm worried.

Quite right guys....

Archie is useless and we should laugh and join in with the ritual annual diminution and laughter fest. Gawd knows how we have been promoted and retained top Division status two seasons in a row with a hopeless article like that in charge....

Clueless, so he is.....

So lucky that all those clubs with greater resources turned out to be managed by total ***** who were even worse than Archie himself. Despite the otherwise greater squad strength. Amazing really.....

• Like 2

Young 20 year old inexperienced non league players will not keep us in SPL, more ambitious signings needed but not Carroll or Eccleston types signings.

I see that you are from Ayrshire and no doubt you thought the same when inexperienced non-league players Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine were plucked from the lowly ranks of Ayrshire Junior football. Players from such humble origins could never flourish in the SPFL Premiership.

• Like 8

Quite right guys....

Archie is useless and we should laugh and join in with the ritual annual diminution and laughter fest. Gawd knows how we have been promoted and retained top Division status two seasons in a row with a hopeless article like that in charge....

Clueless, so he is.....

So lucky that all those clubs with greater resources turned out to be managed by total ***** who were even worse than Archie himself. Despite the otherwise greater squad strength. Amazing really.....

You ok bud?

I see that you are from Ayrshire and no doubt you thought the same when inexperienced non-league players Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine were plucked from the lowly ranks of Ayrshire Junior football. Players from such humble origins could never flourish in the SPFL Premiership.

Erskine and doolanscored high levels of goals at junior level and were highly rated. No idea this chaps scoring ratio to be fair. May be highly rated in the league he is in, don't know too much about the set up there

Erskine and doolanscored high levels of goals at junior level and were highly rated. No idea this chaps scoring ratio to be fair. May be highly rated in the league he is in, don't know too much about the set up there

I believe it's four levels below the Conference that KL played last year. They were going for the league title I'm sure. My brother plays a top division Ayrshire junior team and I'm pretty confident in saying it is a higher standard than what KL produced.

And they came to us at a lower level and took a while to develop, particularly Erskine. And we had Bobby Dinnie watch them several times. Did we even know of this boy until Lyle Taylor mentioned him? His CV is muck.

Don't see the logic of having this boy in at all. Also, why bother bringing him in to give him only 6 minutes?

Was in Kings Langley with work earlier in year and actually watched a game funnily enough. Can't recall any players in particular but it's a very poor level of football

They apparently play in something called the Southern League Division One Central, which, my old friend Wikipedia informs me, is the eighth tier of the English pyramid system - four divisions below the football league. I wouldn't imagine the standard will be much better than the juniors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Langley_F.C.

So far, Terrell Miller has played most of his football there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Miller

I know it's possible to unearth the occasional hidden gem from lower league football but surely this particular gem might have shone a bit brighter by now.

At least Mathieu Manset appears to have some pedigree in professional football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathieu_Manset