Player Sponsorship 2015/16

Fawlty Towers

And that is that. Thank you jagfox.

Springing over the finish line like a gazelle with three broken legs. But it matters not how we got here. Thirteen tops and another one-fifty for AA.

Anybody mind waiting for the window before choosing who to sponsor? I'll collect over the weekend and fire dosh off to the club.

The coalition of the willing

sb1876

sb1876

jagaloon

jagaloon

oneteaminglasgow

oneteaminglasgow

north stander

Jaggernaut

jagfox

jagfox

scotty

elevenone

German Jag

German Jag

Erty 13

Thanks very much to you all :worship:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is amazing that the fundraising effort, that started in July, is still raising money in November. Testament to the depth of support felt by you. A lot of money has been raised for the club. The torrent has, unsurprisingly, become a trickle. I think, therefore, that player sponsorship for this season has come to it's natural conclusion.

The Sponsorship Express has pulled into the terminus. Time to shunt it into a siding and gently nudge the buffers.

You, sixty seven of you, have raised £2025 for the club. Wearethistle.co.uk are now sponsoring fourteen players for the season.

There have been many assists but I'm not going in for special mentions. Some have pledged three figures and others three quid. But I am grateful, equally, to you all.

Here you are, in your Sunday Best, the WAT 67.

Alan Murray

AlexForsythFan

almacd

Big Dan

billy bookcase

Bleeding Gums Murphy

BowenBoys

chuck pink

Dark Passenger

deasach

delthejag

Derby Jag

Dick Dastardly

digger

dougie247

dunnikierjag

East Lothian Jag

elevenone

erty13

falklandal1

Fawlty Towers

flashman

G13 Jag

Garscube Road End

German Jag

Hopeless Unbeliever

Jag

jagaloon

jagfox

Jaggernaut

jaggy

jaggymct

Jaggystu71

JAGSMAN1968

Juan Kerr

JuanJag

Junior

king of spain

La Scimmia Rossa

lady-isobel-barnett

Ladybug

Lambies Lost Doo

Mediocre Pundit

Metz

mgow

Norgethistle

north stander

oneteaminglasgow

P-T-118

Peaty FC

Rid Skwerr

Robert Marshall

sandbank boy

sb1876

scotty

shed76

The optimist

The Sons of Somner

The Sunnylaw Jag

ThickAsThieves

Third Lanark

thistledave78

TMJ

Tom Reilly

topcat

Willjag

Zaphod Beeblebrox

It has been an extraordinary effort. Thank you to each and every one of you.

The competitions will continue right through the season. I hope they are adding a little fun to match days (a close finish coming up later today). There are two tops still in search of a player and one competition, for the fourteenth top, still to be declared.

Please take care when leaving the train. Oh, and keep an eye out for any Specials. You never know... :thumbsup2:

Edit: Forgot to say, and this is a very important point, every penny of the two grand+ that you pledged has been paid. Thank you.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Like 1

And no small effort from yourself, Mr B. - Very well done.

Maybe if we double it next year we'll get you a seat on the Board!

The future of the forum, beyond the end of the season, is still unclear. There may, or may not, be a transition happening but nothing official has been announced. We may all be boarding a train that has no destination.

• 2 weeks later...

Through an extraordinary, one-off donation by forum member Metz (see Last Jag Standing post no63), we now have a FIFTEENTH top!

The total raised is now £2100.

Big thank you to Metz for the very generous donation.

Three tops now await a player. We will return to that issue in January.

Three Prediction Leagues completed, two running and eight to come. Last Jag Standing running and Second Last Jag Standing currently looking for victims. The rest of the season is, just about, action packed.

However, as a big thank you to all who have contributed to the fund raising effort, I intend to run a free to enter Prediction League for all 67 (so far) contributors. A mammoth undertaking but worth the effort to reward your effort. Winner gets the fifteenth. Competition will run over the last ten round of fixtures.

As I mentioned, we are currently hoping to raise more funds through Second Last Jag Standing. We have seven pledges so far but need to get up to twenty five. When we achieve this we will have a sixteenth top.

Then we can have a giant competition, Last Jag Standing Still, for the sixteenth top. Again free entry to all.

If you are not one of the 67 then entering Second Last Jag Standing will get you chances to win three tops. I know it's a difficult time of year but it's only £3 and all proceeds to the birthday boy.

If you are on that exclusive list of 67, you've been brilliant. One last push (as the father of a constipated 6yo, that phrase rolls off my tongue frequently at the moment).

Please pop over to Last Jag Standing and sign up. Thank you all, always.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An update on the sponsorship front.

Here is an up to date list of our tops.

1. Declan McDaid home - winner north stander (LJS)

2. Stevie Lawless away - winner flashman

3. Jack Hendry away - winner lady-isobel-barnett

4. Ryan Scully home - now playing

5. Kevin Nisbet home - now playing

6. Mustapha Dumbuya home - now playing

7. Robbie Muirhead home - now playing

8. Sean Welsh away - now playing

9. Mustapha Dumbuya away

10. Ryan Edwards home

11. Ryan Edwards away

12. Jordan Leyden home

13. Aidan Nesbitt away

14. Antonio German home - winner Ladybug (Second LJS)

16. Aidan Nesbitt home - now playing (LJS Still)

17. Antonio German away - now playing (Third LJS)

Declan McDaid's top was originally won in a prediction league by lady-isobel-barnett. It was kindly donated back to me to raise further funds for the club. This spawned the Last Jag Standing series of competitions and kicked on the sponsorship effort.

Before the transfer window we had five vacant tops. Now, with the exciting addition of Antonio & Aidan, that is down to one. I have filled the vacant slots in our list in the order of competition starts. This leaves the fifteenth. This top was kindly donated with a one-off payment by Metz.

I'm waiting for the club to send updated list of who is still available for sponsorship.

The two donated tops referred to above have allowed me to run two competitions with free entry for all contributors. The first of these, Last Jag Standing Still, started last night with 34 players. The second will be a prediction league for the, still vacant, fifteenth top. This will close the season and I hope will attract a lot of players.

I had hoped that by offering these free competitions it would act as a carrot to attract more new people to join us. That hasn't really happened but let's just enjoy them.

It continues to be a great year for sponsorship on the forum as we are now signing up players for our 18th top.

Thanks to you, the WAT69.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update

We have now achieved the 18th top. We have raised £2325. :clapping:

Two members have joined our merry band. We are now the WAT71. Nice.

We have two tops awaiting a player. The 15th top will be Chris Duggan home; the 18th, Michael McMullin home.

The pesky postponements have delayed the finish of 3 prediction league competitions. Another one will be added to that list this weekend. The last of these competitions to finish was way back on 29 November.

I realise that it may be hard to keep up with all of the competitions that are starting. When competition threads are started, please check the player list to see if you are involved. I send a PM to everybody at the start but some of these remain unread.

From now on there will be, at most, a two week gap between new competitions starting.

Apologies to those reading this who aren't involved. There are a lot of threads for the competitions. I hope they aren't getting in the way of serious debate on the forum.

3LJS could finish today with a glorious away win. 4LJS will start on Friday. I hope to get one more Last Jag Standing competition in before the hols. For the 19th top.

Take a bow y'all.

Suggestion, why not make the last few competitions for the 5 matches after the split?

I'm reminded of this post I made way back when we were raising funds for the first top.

Rather than pulling a name out of a virtual hat, I propose that I run a score prediction competition for the post-split games. Winner gets the top.

Had no idea then what was going to happen in the months to come.

We could run them all at the split. It's quite a lot of work but as it happens, I'm not working during most of that period.

There are four more comps. to start, the last of which is due to start at the split. There is also the WAT71 competition. This is free to all 71 of you. A mega prediction league to be played over the last 8 games.

I'm happy to do whatever you wish with the last 4 comps.. Let me know what you want chaps.

Well done Bowenboy.

If ever there was a case of the Club itself supporting this forum before it might get shutdown then its now.

Otherwise its another example of the Turkey voting for Christmas. I,m sure Archie would agree that this 2 grand may have just been the extra required to resign a player.

Add in Fawlty and his easyfundraising and fair bit of cash is being donated here. So pens out lads and lassies to Ian Maxwell and Co to support keeping this forum from the happy hunting ground,

WE ARE THISTLE!

I agree, the future of the forum is a worry. No information forthcoming. Perhaps Admin could update us, time is marching on.

I am also concerned about the forum now. I know two people who have been trying to join us but seem to be lost in a 'validation' process. One of them is the man behind all of the Hoff hype. I know there are others too. I think it would be easier to enter the USA with a turban full of Class A drugs than join the forum.

The player sponsorship page in the match day programme on Friday will show the legend 'wearethistle.co.uk' beside the names of eighteen players. A byproduct of raising funds for the club is the huge profile that this forum has among Jags fans. If there is to be a future for this forum then please let these people join us.

• 6 months later...