50/50 Draw For 2015/16 Season

Fawlty Towers

Just to let you know that I have had a good pre season (maybe just a bit short of match sharpness) and will be looking to get a good 90 minutes under my belt this evening.

As with previous seasons the money raised from this will be directed to our ever expanding and improving youth set up so your support will, as always, be very much appreciated.

Tickets will be on sale around the stadium this evening and remember that you have to be in it to win it!

Thanks, in advance, for your support this season.

• Like 2

Tickets will be on sale around the stadium on Saturday. Although with friendlies the cash prize will be a bit less it does give you more chance to win (and the more tickets that are bought the better the prize). As always your support is much appreciated.

Great work Martin from you and the other hard working volunteers with this which helps raise several thousand pounds a year for our cash strapped club through this. Keep up the great work guys

Can I just enquire about the Pizza Express discount on the rear of the ticket?

Is it still valid, even though it shows an expiry date of May 2015?

Or will new tickets be produced for the new season?

We were using up the surplus tickets from last season for the friendlies hence the out of date offer.

New, up to date tickets will be in place for the start of the league campaign.

Thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets will be on sale at Sunday's game. As things are a bit different for this game in terms of seating arrangements here is the plan for selling tickets:

2 sellers will cover the Main Stand and they will be outside this stand. There will be a seller inside the North Stand as well.

Pizza Express are continuing their sponsorship (thanks to them) and your ticket will give you a 25% discount at any of their outlets.

As we are now seeing a good youth development scheme is very important to a club like us and the profits from the 50/50 draw will be directed there so your continued support will be very much appreciated.

Lets make this the best season yet in terms of funds raised.

Thanks for your support!

Hi Fawlty Towers,

I aways buy between myself and friends at least £10 worth on matchday but if we don't catch the winner at halftime then the moment is lost.

I have in the past looked on all available websites and never found my winning ticket lol !

Can we make it a official post match post at the end of the match report ? Please ?

Dave

Hi Fawlty Towers,

I aways buy between myself and friends at least £10 worth on matchday but if we don't catch the winner at halftime then the moment is lost.

I have in the past looked on all available websites and never found my winning ticket lol !

Can we make it a official post match post at the end of the match report ? Please ?

Dave

Hi Dave

Firstly thanks for the support from you and your friends.

The results are put in several different places so I will list them here for you (and others).

In the first instance as soon as they are drawn I go to the concourse in the JH Stand and the results are put on a board just to the left (as you look) of the stall were old programmes are sold (South End of the stand).

They are posted in the match commentary on the official website and also on the club's twitter page. Finally when I get home I post them on this thread.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi Dave

Firstly thanks for the support from you and your friends.

The results are put in several different places so I will list them here for you (and others).

In the first instance as soon as they are drawn I go to the concourse in the JH Stand and the results are put on a board just to the left (as you look) of the stall were old programmes are sold (South End of the stand).

They are posted in the match commentary on the official website and also on the club's twitter page. Finally when I get home I post them on this thread.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Can't ask for anymore than that cheers

£265 vs Rotherham and £300 vs Celtic? Gives an idea of the impact of hosting Celtic has against the home support and knock on effects on revenue streams?

Anyway, just an observation and hopefully we can get nearer double that against KFC :)

Just out of curiosity Fawlty Towers...

I too thought the prize on Sunday was shockingly low - less than what it's been some weeks yet from more than double a typical attendance. I often notice how seldom I'm asked to part with my hard-earned for the h-t draw at away matches. How seriously is the h-t draw promoted amongst the away support?

Also, I'm often amazed at the size of the winning amounts at some away grounds housing similar attendances to our own. How do they manage it?

On the topic of fundraising activities: For years Raith Rovers - not a club that most people would suggest are more successful or "bigger" than PTFC, have run a successful online lottery, for which the next jackpot is 12,000 quid. If PTFC was serious about looking at expanding sources of revenue, this kind of thing should be worth exploring. People don't even need to go anywhere near Firhill to play, and the chance to win 12 grand is somewhat more tempting that the chance to win 250 quid or a signed ball.

Several questions in there so I will go through them as best I can:

1. Everyone always thinks that when Celtic come and we have a big away support it will mean we will have a large first prize but it never works out that way. My explanation for that is split in to a couple of points. Firstly whilst Celtic do bring a lot of fans they simply are not interested in buying these tickets - I was at the top of South Drive on Sunday and sold about 70 tickets! Most simply ignore you and a few feel the need to make less than complimentary comments. The second point is that, as we saw, the more Celtic fans we get the less home fans come which impacts on the total and with people being in different stands that seems to have an impact as well.

2. We do sell tickets to the away support - some groups are more supportive than others though. I don't go to away games so I can't really comment on how other teams go about it but if anyone wants to point out things they have seen which could improve our sales please feel free to let me know.

3. We had 2 sellers outside the Main Stand on Sunday - one at each end.

On Saturday with things back to normal we will hopefully have a much bigger first prize for someone to win. Just to remind you as well that your ticket will get you a 25% discount at any Pizza Express so hang on to it even if you don't win on the day.

Thanks for your continued support!

• Like 4

I very nearly missed Ian on the way in on Sunday. Not as easy to spot you guys in front of the Main Stand.

In hindsight with a larger crowd and the change of locations we should have got our sellers wearing hi viz vests so they stood out.

Tomorrow everything is back to normal so remember to get your tickets and help us put more funds in to youth development at our club (that is for everyone not just Will).

A much better first prize today of £557 - thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket today!

The winning numbers were:

1st - 219972

2nd - 219976

If you still have your tickets remember to hold on to them so you can take advantage of the 25% discount at any Pizza Express (valid until the end of July 2016).

Thanks again for your support and see you at the League Cup tie on the 25th.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...