Jaggernaut

Billy Dodds.

Shouldn't have bothered, in hindsight.

To be fair, everyone knew Dodds was more or less past it when he came on board then. However, his on field contribution in that second spell was significant.

Trailing 1-2 late in a Scottish Cup tie to higher league Inverness, he got himself the right side of a defender when a cross came in before said defender pushed him over for a penalty. Mark Roberts converted, we got the cash from a live TV replay (which we won) and then a money spinning tie at Tynecaste (which may also have been in live TV).

As I recall, that extra income kept the team full time for the following season.

An small but significant contribution. If anything, it was his first spell with us that was overrated. His stats being skewed by 4 goals in one game.

To be fair, everyone knew Dodds was more or less past it when he came on board then. However, his on field contribution in that second spell was significant.

Trailing 1-2 late in a Scottish Cup tie to higher league Inverness, he got himself the right side of a defender when a cross came in before said defender pushed him over for a penalty. Mark Roberts converted, we got the cash from a live TV replay (which we won) and then a money spinning tie at Tynecaste (which may also have been in live TV).

As I recall, that extra income kept the team full time for the following season.

An small but significant contribution. If anything, it was his first spell with us that was overrated. His stats being skewed by 4 goals in one game.

I bow to your superior memory!

Only thing I recall about his second spell is him arriving before the Gretna game and me being quite excited about it. He started on the bench and we got humped. Then he left less than a month later.

However, if he won the last minute penalty in Inverness then I take it all back Billy!

I bow to your superior memory!

Only thing I recall about his second spell is him arriving before the Gretna game and me being quite excited about it. He started on the bench and we got humped. Then he left less than a month later.

However, if he won the last minute penalty in Inverness then I take it all back Billy!

mgow's spot on re Dodds. Insignificant as it may have seemed at the time that TV money and then a share of a near full house at Tynecastle perhaps helped keep us afloat. Dodds's contribution was a bit like the Ritchie penalty or the Gibson free kick later that season.

Btw during that Cup run we played 7 games and only reached the quarter finals.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• 4 weeks later...