Jordan Mcmillan....2 Year Ban!

Lindau

All over The Sun today.....here's an extract but much more in the paper

JORDAN McMILLAN will today be banned from all football for TWO YEARS.

The sacked Partick Thistle defender failed a drugs test in December.

His claims that his drink was spiked with COCAINE have been repeatedly thrown out by UK Anti-Doping.

23/10/14 PARTICK THISTLE PRESS CONFERENCE- JORDAN McMILLAN SUNDAY PLAYER

McMillan is set for two year ban

Ahead of today’s verdict, 26-year-old McMillan has opened his heart to SunSport in an explosive two-day exclusive in which he reveals . . .

- How he knows who contaminated his drink;

- How cops fully investigated and formally charged the individual;

- Why he’s refused to admit to UKAD he’s a drugs cheat — even though it might have meant a reduced ban;

- The medical condition that means taking any stimulant could KILL him;

- How the stress led to his girlfriend miscarrying a baby;

- Why he feels let down by Thistle after they failed to stand by him;

- And how he believes the SFA abandoned him and breached their own rules.

Ex-Gers kid McMillan has protested his innocence from the moment he was alerted to the failed test nine months ago.

He claims he has evidence to support his plea.

Yet McMillan insists UKAD — who administer the drugs-testing programme in Scotland — have never wanted to listen.

He said: “Everything is just tumbling about me. I know I’m looking at two years out of the game.

“It’s so easy for your drink to become contaminated without your knowledge.

“I’m sitting here with a ban because of that.

“The only thing I can say is the guy in question owned up to it and was formally charged by the police.

“Otherwise I’d have been sitting at the hearings not having a clue and begging for forgiveness.”

That has led to his ban until December 2016 being ratified.

But McMillan will continue with the fight to clear his name.

He added: “Did I ever think about saying I did it to get a shorter ban? No.

“It’s not in my interests. Would it make me feel any better to brandish myself as a drugs cheat by saying I’m guilty just to lighten my sentence?

“To damage my reputation, hurt my mum and dad and family and missus? No chance.

“Not for something I’ve not done. It’s not me.

“If it means staying out the game for two years then I’ll do it.

“I’ll prove my innocence and show up the anti-doping process as a farce.

“Anyone who knows me in football knows I’m a fighter. I won’t back down.

“I’m not going to roll over and take the easy way out.

“I’ve been out of pocket for so long. I’m having to pay people to get advice to help me.

“When you’re not getting wages then it’s not easy.

“I’d feel better if I had done it. At least then if I’d admitted it I might even be back playing.

“If we’ve got the funding then I’m going the whole way with this. I’m not lying down.”

Today’s announcement will be made public on the UKAD’s website.

McMillan said: “I don’t know if I’ll read the statement, to be honest.

“Whatever it says, it is going to be bad.”

A spokesperson for UKAD said: “We do not comment on individual cases.”

Edited by Lindau

Not our problem any more, but if he proves his innocence then good luck to him

For once I agree with you, but interesting never the less. Doesn't appear very happy with the way Thistle handed the whole affair. He is gonna spill the beans on that tomorrow!

Edited by Lindau

We acted on the evidence presented to us. And I don't see how we can continue to pay a guy that's been banned for 2 years.

Totally agree. Didn't expect him to get a 2 year ban to be honest, but not sure what else the club could do once he failed the test. The club was put in a dreadful position. Do they stand by the player, who is adamant that his drink was spiked, continue to pay his wages in the knowledge that he is not going to be available for a long time or do they deem him to have broken his contract, might have a serious addiction problem and a hindrance to others at the club. Not an easy position for the club to be honest!

Had no idea the ban was going to be that long. A long time out the game when playing football offers such a short career. Plus he'll find it extremely difficult to just walk into a gig at a full time club when clear. Don't suppose he's had much luck either with two of his previous clubs going to the wall.

Not sure if the guy's got a legitimate trade outside of football. If not I presume his sole means of income could be selling his story to a newspaper. Thankfully in this case it's the Sun, which prides itself on its accuracy. Otherwise I can foresee our Club getting put thru the wringer without a mention of us "rescuing" Jordan from a club in administration.

Had no idea the ban was going to be that long. A long time out the game when playing football offers such a short career. Plus he'll find it extremely difficult to just walk into a gig at a full time club when clear. Don't suppose he's had much luck either with two of his previous clubs going to the wall.

Not sure if the guy's got a legitimate trade outside of football. If not I presume his sole means of income could be selling his story to a newspaper. Thankfully in this case it's the Sun, which prides itself on its accuracy. Otherwise I can foresee our Club getting put thru the wringer without a mention of us "rescuing" Jordan from a club in administration.

His view on the way the club handled the situation is in the paper tomorrow. Should be interesting. Pretty sure he is getting well paid considering he takes up the whole back page and has a double spread inside plus whatever is coming tomorrow. IF someone did spike his drink, the ban IS ridiculous, but I suppose it's easy to get a friend to take the rap for you, if your profession is on the line. If his reading of the situation is accurate, you can only feel sympathy for his current position!

If you read the actual report from the doping agency, it says that the police received 2 separate tip offs about the player using cocaine on a regular basis. This may have played a part in their decision.

What struck me about the tip offs is how they could be used disruptively. Anonymous material passed on to the police, who pass it on to the SFA who in turn notify the Club concerned. Received about the same time as absolutely crucial games against Hibs and Hearts.

Gabriele Marcotti in yesterday's Sunday herald was praising the common sense on the English fa handling of Jake Livermore. He was threatened with a 2 year ban for using cocaine. But the point is cocaine is not a performance enhancing drug. He was not cheating. He was breaking the law, but how many drink drivers have been banned from football for 2 years?

• Like 1

Gabriele Marcotti in yesterday's Sunday herald was praising the common sense on the English fa handling of Jake Livermore. He was threatened with a 2 year ban for using cocaine. But the point is cocaine is not a performance enhancing drug. He was not cheating. He was breaking the law, but how many drink drivers have been banned from football for 2 years?

Hmm, cocaine is an illegal, class A drug.

What struck me about the tip offs is how they could be used disruptively. Anonymous material passed on to the police, who pass it on to the SFA who in turn notify the Club concerned. Received about the same time as absolutely crucial games against Hibs and Hearts.

To be fair, para 116 of their findings explains that they attached no weight whatsoever to these allegations because they were unsubstantiated.

To be fair, para 116 of their findings explains that they attached no weight whatsoever to these allegations because they were unsubstantiated.

Missing the point, afk, tho' to be fair I didn't labour my point. I was purely pointing out the ease that unsubstantial claims could affect club/result. I actually checked back and McMillan played in all games around the time of that unsubstantiated claim.

I don't want to mention any Jags players so use your imagination. If info received was relevant to say a certain Jags player with a then recent disciplinary problem or a player currently on loan would either have played against Hearts? Either player may well have still played but it's highly probable that the manager may have thought twice. take it from there..

I don't have any particular moral outrage at recreational drug-taking and a 2 year ban from all sports for taking a substance that is more likely to be performance reducing than enhancing seems a bit severe..

However, having read through the Tribunal Decision, consider me very unsurprised that they did not buy the hard-done-by tabloid tale of the "ex Rangers Kid" that A Big Boy Did It and Ran Away Then Came Back and Confessed It Wisnae Him It Was Me.

In the Tribunal Decision, Jordan McMillan is referred to as "The Athlete". He had been unfit to play for the club for 10 days because of a chest infection and a knee injury. As he was feeling a bit better, he started his recuperation by heading to the pub to watch a Rangers game and then headed to a friend's house and took 4 pints of lager tops and about 12 measures of vodka to top up the antibiotics and other medication he was on. Neither he nor any of his witnesses reported any effect on him whatsoever of the cocaine he took in the supposedly spiked drink.

Like all football supporters, Thistle fans invest absurd levels of emotional commitment in our club. Our manager apparently regarded McMillan as a good trainer. I would like to think that most of our players are disciplined and dedicated professionals who constantly try to improve their level of performances but maybe that's not the reality. I might be less inclined to put down the loss of a last minute goal or a shot that hits the woodwork to bad luck rather than a lack of fitness and professionalism.

You somehow can't imagine Andy or Jamie Murray or Ross Murdoch or Eilidh Child being photographed slumped in the street with a half-eaten kebab by their side like Scott Brown, the captain of Scotland's Football Team. We seem to be a Nation that has too many talented footballers who are just stupid dafties.

• Like 4

I agree we have too many stupid dafties. But the man should not be banned for 2 years.

We had another player with a social issue, pick up a 2 game ban for gambling. He has received help.

I think the severity of the ban is absurd. He is not doing himself any favours, but he should not be banned for 2 years for taking illegal drugs.

• Like 1

Some of Part 2!!

JORDAN McMILLAN has blasted Partick Thistle for failing to stand by him.

The Jags defender tested positive for cocaine after answering an SOS from Thistle to sit on the bench for their clash with Celtic last December.

Yesterday’s SunSport exclusive revealed McMillan would be banned from football for TWO YEARS by UK Anti-Doping.

17/09/14 PARTICK THISTLE PRESS CONFERENCE- JORDAN McMILLAN

McMillan is furious with Thistle for sacking him before his hearing into drug allegations

UKAD confirmed on their website shortly after 10am that McMillan was banned, despite him claiming his drink was spiked.

When Thistle offered him a new deal last February, McMillan thought they would stand by him in his battle to clear his name.

But two weeks later they withdrew the contract offer after receiving information from the SFA which the defender claims was confidential.

Jags launched a disciplinary meeting on the same day then sacked him on February 23.

McMillan, 26, said: “I had a meeting with Thistle chairman David Beattie, and the general manager Ian Maxwell.

“The way I read it was they wanted me to say: ‘OK I have got a problem and I did do it’. I felt like they stabbed me in the back.

“They wanted to paint the club in a good light, which they didn’t. They sacked me prematurely before I was going into my first hearing.

“It meant I was going into that hearing having been sacked by my employers. What is the panel going to think after that? That I’m guilty.

“That was the backing Thistle gave me. Don’t get me wrong, the gaffer Alan Archibald was good to me. I wouldn’t say anything against him. But the club? They took the easy option. They hung me out to dry.

“I’d rather the chairman had said he was in a difficult position and they didn’t know how to deal with it.

“I’ve got a bad taste in my mouth over that. Not with the manager — but the club.”

It’s thought SFA bosses are adamant they did what they did as a duty of care for McMillan.

But McMillan insists UKAD confirmed to him only the SFA, Fifa, WADA, UKAD and his legal representative should have been involved in the communication — a claim denied by the SFA.

McMillan added: “That will be the same duty of care where they haven’t even called me for the past ten months since the drugs test announcement.

“Their duty of care was to comply with their own rules and not circulate confidential information.

“It seems it’s OK for the SFA to break their rules, the same rules they are punishing me for. That’s anti-doping justice for you.”