Jordan Mcmillan....2 Year Ban!

Lindau

I was slightly critical of the way that the supporters were kept in the dark over the McMillan situation but the club have acted in an exemplary manner, as far as I can see now.

I grew to really like McMillan as a player but also recall questioning some unexplained absences from match-day squads throughout his time with us, especially when he first signed. From the UKAD document that was floating about yesterday, it would appear that the club had received allegations of McMillan's social activities prior to his positive test. I rather think that we are continuing to protect a player, who sees fit to slander us despite offering to support him beyond the call of duty, by not disclosing any details of what might have happened previously.

Clearly just wanted to get his side of things out, even if some of it doesn't tally up imo.

Also makes clear that the guy Jordan accuses of spiking him will not face prosecution.

I rather think that we are continuing to protect a player, who sees fit to slander us despite offering to support him beyond the call of duty, by not disclosing any details of what might have happened previously.

Showing all the signs of paranoia. Failing to grasp the reality of a situation. I wonder how that came about?

• Like 1

Think Jordan McMillan has been badly advised or maybe he's just not listened , should have admitted his wrongdoing instead of the " story " he came up with . The punishment didn't fit the crime for recreational drugs , down south the drugs agency are handing out 4 - 7 months suspension, could be his attitude , walking out of meetings forced the drugs agency to give him the maximum punishment they could. Definitely a miss for our team , could do with him just now .

Think Jordan McMillan has been badly advised or maybe he's just not listened , should have admitted his wrongdoing instead of the " story " he came up with . The punishment didn't fit the crime for recreational drugs , down south the drugs agency are handing out 4 - 7 months suspension, could be his attitude , walking out of meetings forced the drugs agency to give him the maximum punishment they could. Definitely a miss for our team , could do with him just now .

Is it not a case of the SFA signing up to NADPs jurisdiction? Whether he was a footballer, rugby player or whatever the sentence is the same. As I read it there's no latitude to the punishment, once his ludicrous mitigation was discarded. I genuinely don't know.

• Like 1

Is it not a case of the SFA signing up to NADPs jurisdiction? Whether he was a footballer, rugby player or whatever the sentence is the same. As I read it there's no latitude to the punishment, once his ludicrous mitigation was discarded. I genuinely don't know.

Judging by recent bans for athletes for genuine PED use rather than recreationals (Tyson Gay for example) the duration of ban is still a moving target if you 'fess up and are prepared to drop some other individual or organisation in it as your supplier/source etc. Though whether this case was just the US making up the rules as they go along when it comes to their own is another matter. So I'd imagine a full mea culpa for a recreational banned substances would have been a substantially better bet than JM's chosen path. Edited by The Prince of Kadriorg

• 10 months later...

Good luck to him. He was a silly boy but has served his sentence

Spot on, in my opinion. It's very difficult at the best of times making the call on exactly what the level of punishment should be; but whichever way you look at it, this has hit him hard and I believe, and certainly hope, he will learn a sharp lesson from it all. The drug incident apart, he served us well as a player and did the job we signed him to do pretty well. I hope he moves on positively now and gets a good deal somewhere.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

Spot on, in my opinion. It's very difficult at the best of times making the call on exactly what the level of punishment should be; but whichever way you look at it, this has hit him hard and I believe, and certainly hope, he will learn a sharp lesson from it all. The drug incident apart, he served us well as a player and did the job we signed him to do pretty well. I hope he moves on positively now and gets a good deal somewhere.

Maybe not the best expression, BJ?

Actually think he may struggle to get a club, tho' he meets all the requirements for the likes of Morton. Couple of years ago I'd have said one of McMillan's best qualities was his leadership. Go as far as to say he was like a captain in all but name. That could work against him now.