Sticking With A Manager And Bucking The Trend

topcat

So if someone's opinion doesn't match yours, that opinion is wrong is it? How arrogant.

You want the current manager to stay, I don't. It's a differing opinion.

And as I've said before, you don't know who will apply for the job when (if) there's a vacancy.

It's a cop out. That's why i don't respect your opinion. You want the guy sacked but you don't have the balls to suggest a replacement. You want to risk a long term plan but you don't want to give us an opinion on who might take us forward. We hit a bump in the road and you want the guy sacked? I can guarantee one thing. The people applying will be mainly out of work managers.

Come on then. A credible suggestion? Anyone?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

It's a cop out. That's why i don't respect your opinion. You want the guy sacked but you don't have the balls to suggest a replacement. You want to risk a long term plan but you don't want to give us an opinion on who might take us forward. I can guarantee one thing. The people applying will be mainly out of work managers.

Exactly.

And why are they out of work? Because they failed elsewhere.

Mutual respect? Respect someone who wants a person sacked from their job less than a quarter into a season? Without having suggested a suitable replacement or even hinted who that might be?

Hypocrites that would want to apply completely different rules to the them in the workplace?

It's simple. Give the guy until the end of the season or until he decides he can't turn it around. Back him. If it doesn't work out, at least you'll feel like you gave him a chance. That you are different to the baying morons that litter Scottish football.

I'll happily give Archie another job I. The club the question is whether he should keep this one

We all know football is different to other jobs mind you it seems you would sack him in May somnot much moral high ground there

The club is more important than Archie and relegation would be a disaster

A few more games and if we don't win I'm afraid it's time for change .. Before it's too late

I'll happily give Archie another job I. The club the question is whether he should keep this one

We all know football is different to other jobs mind you it seems you would sack him in May somnot much moral high ground there

The club is more important than Archie and relegation would be a disaster

A few more games and if we don't win I'm afraid it's time for change .. Before it's too late

Archie has integrity. I wouldn't have to sack him in May. He would leave. No replacement named? why not?

He should be given to the end of the season.

Is this an absolute, regardless of how far we fall behind?

What is your criteria for 'credible, as a replacement?

Not trying to be antagonistic LSR, looking to progress the discussion.

IMHO regardless of what happens this season, Archie, if he wants to be, will be the Thistle manager next year.

It's a cop out. That's why i don't respect your opinion. You want the guy sacked but you don't have the balls to suggest a replacement. You want to risk a long term plan but you don't want to give us an opinion on who might take us forward. We hit a bump in the road and you want the guy sacked? I can guarantee one thing. The people applying will be mainly out of work managers.

Stuart McCall, Mixu, Mark McGhee.

Is this an absolute, regardless of how far we fall behind?

What is your criteria for 'credible, as a replacement?

Not trying to be antagonistic LSR, looking to progress the discussion.

IMHO regardless of what happens this season, Archie, if he wants to be, will be the Thistle manager next year.

Personally i think it would take care of itself because Archie would resign if that were the case.

A credible replacement? A start would be someone who hadn't failed twice in the last year( stuart mcCall) , a non dinosaur( mark mcghee) and someone affordable( mixu isn't).

Just chucking in another point. The Management team are on a year's rolling contract. Are we having a whip round to pay that? Or is it coming out the new guy's wages and transfer budget? If it's the latter, any new manager is alreadyat a disadvantage.

• Like 2

I find it absolutely ridiculous to slate a manager for introducing competition for places by signing a second right back. Especially when they offer different attributes. I think he should be complimented for that.

The rudi vata comment has already been made. And I provided a link to rubbish it, showing the detail a recent newspaper article went into to discuss our scouting network. I think that point comes across as petty and childish from yourself.

Those were the two that stood out. As I said, your post was full of valid points in the arguement against him being our manager.

The Vata thing for manager was a joke which I get doesn't come across very well when written.

The right backs point I'll argue. Why, when finances are tight, are we signing 2 out & out right backs?

We trimmed the development squad last season to keep the best prospects. Could we not have taken cover from there? Sean Welsh played there before also (in an emergency). Then we have Elliot when he comes back.

Quality vs Quantity.

The Vata thing for manager was a joke which I get doesn't come across very well when written.

The right backs point I'll argue. Why, when finances are tight, are we signing 2 out & out right backs?

We trimmed the development squad last season to keep the best prospects. Could we not have taken cover from there? Sean Welsh played there before also (in an emergency). Then we have Elliot when he comes back.

Quality vs Quantity.

I have absolutely no problem at all with us having two right backs as they seem, very different options.

On the evidence so far, I would be a disappointed if Archie didn't sign Dumbaya, because he had recently signed Miller.

for clarity, I like both right backs and think both will have a role to play.

I have absolutely no problem at all with us having two right backs as they seem, very different options.

On the evidence so far, I would be a disappointed if Archie didn't sign Dumbaya, because he had recently signed Miller.

for clarity, I like both right backs and think both will have a role to play.

If we had more money then I'd agree with you.

Thing is, we don't.

We've got a development squad, surely rather than have 2 out & out right backs when money is tight & our biggest problem seems to be scoring goals, we should be looking at other options there?

Keep saying it, quality vs quantity.

Unless Dumbays is inj or suspended I can't see Miller featuring.

This year's Eccleston, Baird, Kerr, Forbes...?

He should be given to the end of the season. If football fans demand loyalty( McNamara, Higgy, Conrad, Erskine, Paton). They should show loyalty, especially to someone like Archie. He's proven he can turn it around twice before when the Forum F#nnies wanted him sacked.

Said it before, no such thing as loyalty now.

Someone on here got it spot on when they said the only loyal folk on football are the folk (mugs) who pay their money each week.

If Archibald was doing well & another club came calling with more money would he be loyal to PTFC? No. (Like McNamara before him you couldn't blame him as hit to look after yourself).

Loyalty is not an argurment to keep him. Results in a business is what he should be judged on.

Ultimately in football the thing a manager should ultimately be judged on is if he is getting results on the pitch.

Unless Dumbays is injured or suspended I can't see Miller featuring.

I'd have thought it very likely that Dumbaya will pick up a knock or two. I can't see Elliott coming back from injury and walking into a right back spot as once recovered he'll probably take weeks to get up to speed. McInally I feel would struggle with the step up this season. Cover for right back, centreback, left back at a push plus the option to go three at the back in my book is important enough.

If we had more money then I'd agree with you.

Thing is, we don't.

We've got a development squad, surely rather than have 2 out & out right backs when money is tight & our biggest problem seems to be scoring goals, we should be looking at other options there?

Keep saying it, quality vs quantity.

Unless Dumbays is inj or suspended I can't see Miller featuring.

This year's Eccleston, Baird, Kerr, Forbes...?

I think that's very unfair on Miller to make that comparison. He's hardly put a foot wrong when he's played.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in quite a few games.

To base an opinion or arguement on second guess's is ridiculous.

Now come the end of the season, if miller hasn't kicked a ball since Dumbaya arrived, then yes, there is a case. But right now? No.

The youth question? I don't know who our youth right back is. Our management do. And they decided Dumbaya was too good an opportunity to miss out on.

The arguement re scoring goals? Before his signature, we weren't creating chances for our a attackers to take. Since his arrival, we've started creating more chances. So again backs up signing him.

We've yet to see the Ozzie lad, we've brought Muirhead in, and Pogba's coming back from injury. amoo's getting fitter and improving. So it seems the attacking side is also being addressed.

You're right LSR. Let's just cruise on as we are. Right towards regation on current form. With dwindling crowds and dwindling finances.

If Archibald stays and turns it around I'll be the first to say well done and admit I was wrong.

But I just can't see it at the present time.

No you won't. You wanted him sacked last season.

It's fans of that type like that are killing football. No wonder people stay away from the game. It's a sport for the spineless.

You want a guy sacked. You pile on the pressure and if it turns around, you shuffle off to the side and kid on it was someone else who was pointing fingers. "Well done Archie".

You either believe he's the right guy or you don't. At least have some conviction.

• Like 1

I think that's very unfair on Miller to make that comparison. He's hardly put a foot wrong when he's played.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in quite a few games.

To base an opinion or arguement on second guess's is ridiculous.

Now come the end of the season, if miller hasn't kicked a ball since Dumbaya arrived, then yes, there is a case. But right now? No.

The youth question? I don't know who our youth right back is. Our management do. And they decided Dumbaya was too good an opportunity to miss out on.

The arguement re scoring goals? Before his signature, we weren't creating chances for our a attackers to take. Since his arrival, we've started creating more chances. So again backs up signing him.

We've yet to see the Ozzie lad, we've brought Muirhead in, and Pogba's coming back from injury. amoo's getting fitter and improving. So it seems the attacking side is also being addressed.

I don't think Miller a bad player. I think ultimately he may be this year's whoever because of the players we have who can also cover right back & because he's not a player who fits the system the manager uses & wants from his full backs!!

I reckon we'll only see Miller at right back if Dumbaya injured or suspended.

The attacking side I take your point but then does that not contradict those who said the BoD haven't supported the manager?

The Amoo getting fitter statement is worrying. He should be up to speed by now having been involved in all of pre season. As for improving... Jury out for me on that one.

As for creating chances, like I said, last couple of games (well ones I've been to namely Dundee & Motherwell as wasn't at Dingwall) we've had Doolan doing well in wide area & getting a cross in to.... no one.

We're putting in crosses from our centre forward who we want to be on the end of the crosses.

I've asked before, Stevenson. When we signed him, what position was it for? Wide attacking midfield, in behind striker or as a centre forward? He's one who doesn't seem to have had a run in one settled position.

I think we have s group of players capable of performing far better than we are. Why are they not? Well for me buck stops at the manager.

I'd have thought it very likely that Dumbaya will pick up a knock or two. I can't see Elliott coming back from injury and walking into a right back spot as once recovered he'll probably take weeks to get up to speed. McInally I feel would struggle with the step up this season. Cover for right back, centreback, left back at a push plus the option to go three at the back in my book is important enough.

I'll put my hands up as I'm not really aware of development squad players as such so you're in a far better position than me to comment.

I just think with money so tight then these guys should be given opportunity to see if they're good enough to make step up.

The 3 at the back option I get, but at the start of season we had 4 CHs, down to 3 now Hendry left but with Whiteside coming in...?

However if we were to play 3 at the back you'd argue that Lindsay, Frans, Seabourne as first 3 with perhaps Osbourne/Whiteside as cover.

Hypothetical I know but then it's probably as hypothetical as the manager changing tactics to play 3 at the back.

No you won't. You wanted him sacked last season.

You want a guy sacked. You pile on the pressure and if it turns around, you shuffle off to the side and kid on it was someone else who was pointing fingers. "Well done Archie".

Regarding the first point, if we do get relegated this season, you know what the reaction will be......we told you he was a dud two seasons ago and we have been proved right. Beyond bothering about them to be honest. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but the usual crew that are on here at 4.50 every Saturday after a defeat, baying for the managers head and when I checked the site this morning on my return from Motherwell, I could have named around 6 of them, aren't worthy of a response. They live for confrontation, so I just don't bother any more, will support the club whether Archie is here or not or whether we are in the top league or second top league. Pretty sure that's what supporters are meant to do.

On the second point.....spot on!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Let's call a spade a spade here. It's nothing to do with bucking a trend but everything to do with wanting to give AA as much time as possible to see if he can turn it around.

If it was Dick Campbell or Gerry Collins no one would be on here saying relegation is OK.

Because neither Collins nor Campbell showed anything like the ability of Archie.

BTW who suggested relegation would be ok?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa