Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

Imo if we lose to Dundee Utd Archie should be sacked.After the Aberdeen game we started a run of games where we should be picking up points. If we were to lose on Saturday that would be 4 losses where we are expecting to get points from.We would also be cut adrift at the bottom.If we are to get a new manager in we have to give them a chance of keeping us in the league so the smaller the points gap between us and safety the better.I have supported Thistle for over 50 years so I know being relegated usualy means a number of years in the doldrums for us.I never expected top 6,but I do think we have a squad good enough to keep us in this league.If teams like the Accies,ICT,Killie ect can do it why cant we?

• Like 1

I've only made three matches this season (Hamilton, Celtic, Dundee) so I can't really comment on how poor we've been as in the first game we went down to 10 men early on and so that represented a decent point, the Celtic game we were toothless but I always expect that now so that wasn't too much of a worry, and the Dundee game I genuinely thought we were decent in an entertaining end-to-end match. The other results though, which I've not been to, make very poor reading.

Archie will be under severe pressure if we lose on Saturday but I would expect us to stick by him a while longer. Hopefully he can come up with the solution.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

If you've been supporting Thistle for all of those years, you'll be struggling to think of a time in the top flight when a managerial changed worked out for the best.

Auld to Cormack wilderness for a decade

Lambie to Murdo Division two football escaping division three by a baw hair.

Lambie to Collins to Whyte/Britton led to the worst football at Firhill and a period which is blamed for driving away so many regular fans. So i'd be very very careful what you wish for because we are in real danger of crippling the club financially for a decade if we pay off the current management team and bring in someone new. Where is that money coming from? No-one seems to have an answer.

This is also bigger than just Thistle. There's a whole new dynamic opened up in the league now. Dundee Utd are looking for a new manager. Who says it will work out? If they go for McIntyre then Ross County are looking for a manager. Who says that will work out? If they go for Tommy Wright, St Johnstone are looking at upheaval. Motherwell are currently looking for a manager. Killie are teetering on the brink too.

It's time for cool heads. Not arbitrary decisions about how many games Archie has left. Personally i think it's more about the level of performance than the result, although clearly i want to win as much as anyone else.

• Like 15

If we are utterly abject, disorganised and get gubbed by United, then maybe. However, we haven't been like that in any of the games I have seen thus far. What if the team play out of their skins, have stonewall penalties denied, on-side goals chalked off and players sent off for nothing only to go down 1-0 to a last minute goal deflected in deliberately by the ref? Should defeat spell Archie's demise?

We have been ok in most games this season and should have won against Killie and Dundee. Had we done so, we wouldn't be doing great, but would be better off and this thread wouldn't exist. There is not much between teams in this league and I think we can still get up the table with Archie at the helm.

As I say on most threads, everyone is entitled to an opinion. My opinion is, think of how we are going to pay Archie and Scott a full years salary each and then afford to bring in a whole new management team, then the incoming manager may not like a lot of the players at the club and want to bring in his own players in January. After that, if we still get relegated, I would imagine the club would be a busted flush and at a minimum, be looking at part time football and hitting the skids as we have done so many times before. Be very, very, careful what you wish for. The signs are that we are beginning to hit our stride but I would think if we don't start winning in the next 4/5 games, Archie himself, will be seriously considering his position.

Edited by Lindau

A defeat on Saturday and we are gone. Sacking Archibald is only a worthwhile exercise if we can still salvage something from the season.

Bringing in another manager to see out the season is a waste of money, especially as the crowds will be under 2000.

I would only sack him if we win or draw. Only then can we save the season.

• Like 1

I would only sack him if we win or draw. Only then can we save the season.

I did read that correctly? You want Archie sacked and all the costs that go along with that if we WIN or DRAW on Saturday!! Complete and utter fruitcake!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

I gave my reasons which are 100% valid.

If you're too much of a slavering simpleton to understand them then that's your problem.

Haha! Tell me TC, if we win or draw on Saturday and we are off the bottom if it's the former, just who is gonna pay to have the change in manager when it's clear the club has little or no money?

The signs are that we are beginning to hit our stride but I would think if we don't start winning in the next 4/5 games, Archie himself, will be seriously considering his position.

I think that's right. The thing for me is that Archie has it in his own hands to save our season but one of his main faults is how long he sticks with things that aren't working.

There isn't that much wrong that a few tweeks cant fix . We need a change up front and Pogba or Nesbit should start and some more thrust from the middle of the park.

Archie's fate will be down to himself.

The manager has conducted himself in an exemplary fashion since he was given the job. He is a professional. He's spent most of his professional life at Partick Thistle and knows what lies ahead if we are relegated. He's been there twice? Three times? If we become detached and he is unable to turn it around, i'm pretty sure he will walk away.

However lets turn to those who want Archie sacked. Over the course of the weekend we have been given a blueprint to take us forward.

-They want someone to magic up a six figure amount of cash to pay off the current management team.

-They then want someone to magic up a budget for new players.

-This budget will be handed to Mark McGhee.

-He will save us from relegation

-Next season he will then exceed the 8th place achieved by the club.

When it's written down it looks absolutely ******* ridiculous. Doesn't it?

For a moment I thought Bert Mitchell had returned. Today's Evening Times sums up our current predicament under a Bertspeakish headline "Partick Thistle must get streetwise to avoid Boulevard of Broken Dreams". Wonderful stuff :thumbsup2:

Perhaps we will come out of the game with Dundee Utd with a resounding win and be Champs All Easy?

The manager has conducted himself in an exemplary fashion since he was given the job. He is a professional. He's spent most of his professional life at Partick Thistle and knows what lies ahead if we are relegated. He's been there twice? Three times? If we become detached and he is unable to turn it around, i'm pretty sure he will walk away.

However lets turn to those who want Archie sacked. Over the course of the weekend we have been given a blueprint to take us forward.

-They want someone to magic up a six figure amount of cash to pay off the current management team.

-They then want someone to magic up a budget for new players.

-This budget will be handed to Debbie McGhee.

-He will save us from relegation

-Next season he will then exceed the 8th place achieved by the club.

When it's written down it looks absolutely ******* ridiculous. Doesn't it?

Sorted that for you LSR.....and just for the record, it's her husband that will magic up the the budget for all this to happen!!

As usual TC drops into a thread, drops some ridiculous statement, then scarpers and leaves everyone else to argue the toss, yet some people on here reckon he is a credible poster! 100% troll!!

By your own admission, he's entitled to his opinion.

If you don't agree with that opinion, then you are entitled to debate it if you feel so inclined. It is a Thistle forum after all.

However, denigrating every single post he writes on here, as you have done this morning, comes across as petulant and intolerant, and ultimately does not reflect well on you, Lindau.

• Like 1

I see no reason why we can't take 6 or 7 points from our next three games. If we do that, we have every chance of surviving this season.

So let's get behind the team and manager because the best possible outcome for the club is we begin to gather points and Archie stays

• Like 1

By your own admission, he's entitled to his opinion.

If you don't agree with that opinion, then you are entitled to debate it if you feel so inclined. It is a Thistle forum after all.

However, denigrating every single post he writes on here, as you have done this morning, comes across as petulant and intolerant, and ultimately does not reflect well on you, Lindau.

Barney, I don't give a Friars Tuck what anyone on here thinks about me and if you look over this season, you will clearly see that I have very rarely responded to any of his/her rantintings, so not sure what you are talking about!! Let me ask you one question. Do you think Archie should be sacked if we win or draw on Saturday, like the person you seem to defend on most occasions?

Barney, I don't give a Friars Tuck what anyone on here thinks about me and if you look over this season, you will clearly see that I have very rarely responded to any of his/her rantintings, so not sure what you are talking about!! Let me ask you one question. Do you think Archie should be sacked if we win or draw on Saturday, like the person you seem to defend on most occasions?

I don't want Archie sacked at all, whatever the circumstances.

I believe he is capable of turning the season round and am confident he will do so.

That said, he does not have an infinite amount of games to turn it round, so it's up to him and the players to get us out of this rut as soon as possible.

I don't want Archie sacked at all, whatever the circumstances.

I believe he is capable of turning the season round and am confident he will do so.

That said, he does not have an infinite amount of games to turn it round, so it's up to him and the players to get us out of this rut as soon as possible.

Correct. We agree. I think if we haven't won a game by the end of October he might walk of his own accord anyway, which in hindsight would save the club a bit of money, though I am pretty sure there would be a handshake involved, but nowhere near the same as his full contract. Time will tell.

Edited by Lindau